Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hesketh Valiant SC

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:33 - 09 Mar 2017    Post subject: Hesketh Valiant SC Reply with quote

New supercharged motorcycle from Hesketh, 2100cc S&S engine with a supercharger from Rotrex. 210 hp, 294 Nm, 239 kg (dry). They say they're gonna achive 250 hp before the launch date, or at least try to. Appart from the 'merican engine, Hesketh tried to use as much British parts as possible, the most noticeable being the Smiths speedometer.

Est. price: £50,000
Est. launch date: next summer.

Source (info and pictures, not in English): https://www.motorkari.cz/clanky/moto-novinky/hesketh/hesketh-valiant-sc-preplnovane-monstrum-ma-210-koni-36155.html?kid=39726

https://www.motorkari.cz/upload/images/clanky/2017-03/36155.jpg

https://www.motorkari.cz/upload/images/clanky/2017-03/36155/Hesketh_13.JPG

https://www.motorkari.cz/upload/images/clanky/2017-03/36155/Hesketh_5.JPG

https://www.motorkari.cz/upload/images/clanky/2017-03/36155/Hesketh_9.JPG

https://www.motorkari.cz/upload/images/clanky/2017-03/36155/Hesketh_17.JPG

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 09 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, but fifty grands worth of nice Laughing

Is that Polaris/Indian engine?

I've fancied an old Hesketh but they are silly money he made so few and I'd do what everyone else has done, get it immaculate and mothball it. A waste really.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:48 - 09 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost like it. Got better things to spend £50k on though.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:07 - 09 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shudder to think how much extra it must be to have indicators fitted.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:50 - 09 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I shudder to think how much extra it must be to have indicators fitted.

You mean these?

https://www.motorkari.cz/upload/images/clanky/2017-03/36155/Hesketh_4.JPG

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:58 - 09 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

210hp and 239kgs, and all with a rather flimsy-looking tubular cradle frame. Hmm, don't think I want.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:14 - 12 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing!
Yet again, another butt ugly Hesketh that will sell in minuscule numbers, seems totally pointless to me!
£50k, they're 'aving a laugh, fools being parted from their money is my first thought. For £50k you could let your imagination run wild, build your own bike and probably have some change left!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:27 - 12 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

£50K is a realistic price though. It's outfits like Norton hand-whittling their sub-£20K bitsas while nomming through their taxpayer provided loans that are kidding themselves about the economics of small scale production.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 12 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
£50K is a realistic price though.

Why? I can't see it myself.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:47 - 12 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Plenty of people with more money than sense.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:40 - 12 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Ah, I don't mean that I think it's worth that, but that it's the price they need to charge in order to cover their costs.

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

for that sort of money I would buy / build a GP 2 stroke

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:18 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:

Plenty of people with more money than sense.

I wish I had. Crying or Very sad

I wouldn't buy that though. Laughing

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:03 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably not really intended to be ridden - one of those "investment"* things like 200 year old undrinkable wine or a bit of art - just lock it away and wait for the market to go up.

* before anyone jumps in....technically not an investment as no ROI but looking for capital appreciation...but you know what I mean.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restore my faith and someone please show me a supercharged bike that looks attractive, I can't recall one yet that does?

Today on my way home I saw a transformers/dread look H2R Kawasaki or whatever its called, come blasting towards me. Thankfully I suppose when your riding one you won't see the mutant Alien face giving you the stares.

I don't think this Hesketh is any better looking than the Kawasaki Alien, but someone out there must be able to style a pretty looking supercharged bike?

Hell even a V-max with a huge blower bolted on looks positively beautiful compared to either of the above.

Snod Blatter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:38 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Hesketh Valiant SC Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Hesketh tried to use as much British parts as possible, the most noticeable being the Smiths speedometer.

We used to be Great.

Crying or Very sad

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:45 - 13 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Hesketh Valiant SC Reply with quote

Snod Blatter wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
Hesketh tried to use as much British parts as possible, the most noticeable being the Smiths speedometer.

We used to be Great.

Crying or Very sad

OFF TOPIC
We used to be, well, a bitch of the Austria-Hungary empire, bitch of the Nazi Germany (thanks Mr. Chamberlain), then bitch of the USSR (thanks our 'merican friends) and today we are bitch of the Merkel's Deutschalnd.

It's funny how Germany, that started 2 world wars, is doing more than just fine today, having a lot of stuff paid for from the taxpayers money yet having surplus budget every single year and also still having enouhg money to feed the freeloading Greece, Spain and other EU members who seem financially illiterate. And yet again ruling the whole Europe except Russia, which they could never beat. Thinking

Lesson? Start a war, loose it, beg for money the winning party, rebuild your country from the ground, become rich and rule those who beat you in the war you started, because you are rich and money never stink. Razz

--------------------------------

ON TOPIC
Using the British parts on the bike is actualy what makes it expensive. I do believe that if they used average, of the shelf, suspension, brakes, wheels and other bits, the motorcycle could have been cheaper and even affordable for the avg. consumer. The question is though, would the motorcycle be still as desirable if it would cost let's say £25,000? Would the bike still feel exclusive enough for people to even think about buying one? Imagine if Apple sold Macbook, of the same HW spec as compareable Win/Linux laptops. Would people still buy the Macbook or walk away because it lost it's VIP feel, as now anyone can just buy it? Thinking

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 00:43 - 19 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, and by using the S&S engine I can see them aiming right for the same people that would shell out a similar amount of money on a custom built cruiser.

To put it into context, the Harley touring range of bike starts around £20k, and you would expect to see £5k worth of accessories bolted on. A Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) tourer is about £30k. Those bikes sell in appreciable numbers, so some people have that sort of money to burn.

For less than twice the price, you can get something genuinely custom or made in a very short production run, like this Hesketh.

Rickymc
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:43 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Harley touring bike is overpriced imo

secretagentmo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:30 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I like, very like, just need that lottery win!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 331 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1