BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Foreign objects in pet food

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:47 - 27 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines getting very fussy in his old age. He has Naturediet and Simply senior food. He likes it warm as well Rolling Eyes Laughing

I think he eats better than me!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 27 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugeye_bob wrote:
Sorry and here is £70 in Postal Orders.

They still exist Shocked

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 27 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
bugeye_bob wrote:
Sorry and here is £70 in Postal Orders.

They still exist Shocked

My exact thoughts, the lady at the bank had to go and ask what to do with them lol

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:34 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green plastic clips are used to shut the wrappings for the 'cubes' of meat, guessing somebody was a bit clumsy. As the date code shows the time it was made down the minute and which production line, they'll have a good idea who it was and they'll have had a shouting at by now.

I used to work in a pet food factory and we once had a load of top brass come down and demand to see a certain production line and they went over every inch looking for wood. There was none, the only wood in the whole place was the shipping pallets. Turns out there was a scam going on where loads of people were complaining about lumps of wood in their product trying to get freebies.
Top tip: plastic and stainless steel is everywhere, say you found that and you'll get away with it.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:35 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kraggem wrote:
It's often cheaper to buy better quality stuff in bulk from https://www.zooplus.co.uk. If you can read German then the german site is slightly cheaper.

I saw this, and as a regular Zooplus customer with a passing knowledge of German, I thought "ooh!"

As I'm in now need of more dogfood, I've just been on to the German site, where my usual double bumper pack costs 76.99 euros, versus £63.99 on the UK site. The German price equates to £65.03 at today's rate. Also, it's wanting another 8 euros for shipping, whereas that's free from the UK site. Finally, by using the German site I'd miss out on my usual 2-3% rebate from Topcashback. So, think I'll stick with zooplus.co.uk, thanks!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:06 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just signed up to Zooplus and bought a shit load of dog food. Better than my best price elsewhere.
Thanks, I'd never heard of them. Thumbs Up

groovylee
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked their price for the chappie stuff my dog eats - I could get it from Ocado for less, so not that great 😢

Current - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000R & 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

groovylee wrote:
Just checked their price for the chappie stuff my dog eats - I could get it from Ocado for less, so not that great 😢

They don't sell Royal Canin in Waitrose stores afaik. I shop there often. Waitrose pet sell it but the same two
15kg bags I just bought for £76.24 delivered from zooplus (PLUS both came with a free 3kg of feedon top so 36KG total of feed)
2 x 15kg bags comes in as £98.80 quid delivered at Waitrose Pet without the extra 6kg of feed. Admittedly I saved about
a fiver using a discount code for my first purchase, but even at full price 2 bags comes in 18 quid cheaper than Waitrose.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 03 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone catch 'Trust me I'm a Vet' tonight? They were looking at the mineral levels in pet food.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08pn5sy/trust-me-im-a-vet-series-1-episode-1

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:44 - 04 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I saved about a fiver using a discount code for my first purchase, but even at full price 2 bags comes in 18 quid cheaper than Waitrose.

For future largeish purchases, the code STOCK-UP gives you 2% off your order (https://www.zooplus.co.uk/content/stockup).

Access the site by Topcashback, and that will generate another 3.15% (https://www.topcashback.co.uk/zooplusmy-petshop/). If you're not a member already it would be nice if you signed up via my affiliate link! - doesn't affect you at all by using it - https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/ericthelobster Thumbs Up

If you have the inclination, it's always worth googling for Zooplus voucher codes - eg as a new customer you could have got 10% off today using 10ROYALC

Finally, you might get offered membership of their 'savings plan' - if so, joining it is pretty much a no-brainer - you pay a fee and they give you X% off all your orders for the next 3 years (in my case, it's 3%, and the fee was covered by the discount it generated on the first order (https://www.zooplus.co.uk/checkout/content/popup/savingsplan_terms)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 352 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2