Custom bike what would you chose.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:20 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ultimate custom bike, surely:
https://images.cdn.circlesix.co/image/1/700/0/uploads/articles/john-britten-568ff85a7b97f.jpg

Built at home from scratch!

Alternatively, if you don't have the skills, but do have the money order a Vyrus.

Personally I'd quite like a H2 triple in a frame without a hinge in the middle and some brakes!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:22 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:

Personally I'd quite like a H2 triple in a frame without a hinge in the middle and some brakes!

Nope, crankcases made of chocolate. I won't go near another one.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:30 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a Spondon framed GSXR (oil cooled) engined machine? Quite a lot were made and housed much of the Suzuki's running gear, I could just never afford one. (Cue frantic ebaying.....)
Or a Huoniao hn125 with a 200cc big bore matched to a turbo....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:58 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
It's already in concept mode. It's what happens when the H2R has ugly sex with a Z1000

https://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss234/Stbarry/10317733_10204522859848683_344775114595581585_o_zpsrcmhydwe.jpg

Looks like their concept was to crash "streetfighter" an HR2.

Presumably that would be be down-geared to the point where you might as well pull away in 3rd, on one wheel?

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Suntan Sid wrote:

You're killing my buzz man! Wink
Just have to buy some better chocolate then!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:11 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

You're killing my buzz man! Wink
Just have to buy some better chocolate then!

Sorry! My last one you may have read about in my "biking life" thread, and even my first one had a bit of a dodgy gear change, although I never stripped that one to find out what the problem was, as it was mostly ok. But I wonder how it would have been with more use than it got.

There is a solution though. Well, was. In the Dec. 2014 issue of Practical Sportsbikes, there was a custom modded one featured where the chap had got hold of a set of "Dutch-built EX-Billet crankcases, which also swap the H2's standard five-speed gearbox for a new six-speeder. Not only is it strong enough to deal with up to 150bhp at the rear wheel ( Shocked on an H2?!), it also gives a much improved gearshift quality."

Sounds feckin expensive to me, but then, since you'll need about 10 gee-gees to throw on a decent condition base bike in the first place...
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:12 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:

Been done https://www.gixxer.com/forums/15-oil-cooled-gixxers/591177-1991-kazuki-gsxr-h2-750-a.html

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:21 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB500 with gel seat and engine bars.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 20:41 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT200Fan79 wrote:
CB500 with gel seat and engine bars.

Checked username.

Read it as The Smiler.

I don't even know you anymore.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Presumably that would be be down-geared to the point where you might as well pull away in 3rd, on one wheel?

I do not see any issue with that. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Blah blah
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:54 - 15 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of a Cagiva mito with a 350lc engine, so something along those lines or maybe nc30 with ns400 engine, that'd be interesting. Would an rg500 engine fit a mito / 748 chassis ???

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:00 - 15 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mint 1984 CM125 (oem but for a disc brake conversion) because I had one when I was 17.
Mine was far from mint. Laughing

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 15 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as the YPVS engine has its merits and it's place, I've never seen it as being in a Mito.

A wide fat old heavy lump of a twin that comparatively doesn't rev for shit or make 250cc V-twins look silly, nope I'd not want an in line twin in a Mito personally. Same reason I'd not want an even fatter smokier old Suzuki square four in one either.

I'd put either a trials or Enduro 300cc two stroke single in one, or maybe a CRF250R lump in instead.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:59 - 15 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

A wide fat old heavy lump of a twin that comparatively doesn't rev for shit or make 250cc V-twins look silly, nope I'd not want an in line twin in a Mito personally. Same reason I'd not want an even fatter smokier old Suzuki square four in one either.

I'd put either a trials or Enduro 300cc two stroke single in one, or maybe a CRF250R lump in instead.

I was with you until that last paragraph - personally I'd go for 'revvy', so would be thinking a 250cc 2 stroke mx bike, rather than the globs-of-torque enduro or the high revving but linear 4 stroke.

You could suggest a KR1s engine... but then they do ok in the KR1S chassis, though wheel sizes aren't so nice.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:52 - 15 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
I was thinking a VF750 Sabre with the running gear from a VFR1200 shoehorned in and suitable suspension/brakes tweaks, then it occurred to me I'd just reinvented the original V-Max, which seems a bit pointless.

And Honda pretty much did it anyway. They made a 150bhp VF1100 sabre which was indeed a v-max killer (and eater and spitter out of the bones afterwards).

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 20:18 - 15 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuned KTM 690 engine. Trellis frame and swing-arm. Dymag wheels, Ohlins, Brakes off whatever.

80bhp and 120kg should be possible.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 15 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Shaft wrote:
I was thinking a VF750 Sabre with the running gear from a VFR1200 shoehorned in and suitable suspension/brakes tweaks, then it occurred to me I'd just reinvented the original V-Max, which seems a bit pointless.

And Honda pretty much did it anyway. They made a 150bhp VF1100 sabre which was indeed a v-max killer (and eater and spitter out of the bones afterwards).

It may have been a V Max killer (I have never ridden one so can't say) but it was a pig ugly pile compared with the V Max. It just looked like one of Hondas bog standard bikes of that era without a fairing.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 341 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2