Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Non stabby areas of Nottingham?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:25 - 15 May 2017    Post subject: Non stabby areas of Nottingham? Reply with quote

So what are the non stabby areas of Nottingham?

Thinking of moving there and stabby areas are bad m'kay.

Thanks
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DOS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 15 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Non stabby areas of Nottingham? Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

Thanks

If it's only stabby its fine.
When it get shooty its bad m'kay.

SmileSmile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

331X2
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:59 - 15 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're coming from Manchester, most areas of Nottingham will be noticeably less stabby/shooty.

Park estate should suit you Thumbs Up

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 16 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can check crime stats here here

Or is it that you really want to know the areas with coffee bars and deli's?

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:27 - 16 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Non stabby areas of Nottingham? Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

Thanks

West Bridgford.

Pretty non-stabby.

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 07:44 - 16 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid St Annes and Hyson Green.

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:42 - 16 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

West Bridgford is one of the nicer areas, but it's right next door to Clifton. Which isn't.
I lived in Lenton for a bit which is apparently rough, but my street was in a relatively new bit and I never had the slightly suggestion of trouble.

I think Castle Donington was probably the nicest place I lived. It's the other side of the M1, but they've upgraded the A road between there and the city centre into a dual carriageway now so shouldn't be a problem getting there and the Skylink bus runs 24/7 for nights out.

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 16 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MahatmaAndhi wrote:
Avoid St Annes and Hyson Green.

I like Hyson Green. It has not just the giant ASDA but African, Asian and Polish supermarkets going on.

Theres the icecream shop and all the little food places going on, along with one of the best Indian restaurants in the city at my end of Hyson Green.

The Mary Potter Health Centre is great, the local vet is great and there's the art centre down there if that's your bag.

Hyson Green has the tram running through it, reasonably good road access into town and to the M1.

I live just across the border from Hyson Green in Basford. My GPZ lives in the road outside my house.

I'm not sure I would be willing to do that in forest fields, Radford or the Meadows.

St.Anns is best left alone unless you are local, I try not to even walk through there.

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:49 - 16 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest problem with Lenton and Clifton is that they are infested with students, Forest fields used to be - I'm not sure if it still is - andl landlords can make more money subdividing a property than renting the whole thing out.

Sorry I'm making an assumption that you'll be renting at least initially and and looking for something affordable....

ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 16 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
A man needs to park his Bobber safely while drinking his Latte and wiping the froth from his beard. Laughing

Is that a euphemism, because the red light district is gone.

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 11 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to live in Gedling its the suburbs but I actually hated Nottingham so sold up and moved to Aberdeenshire.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCORPS! You're back!

Where you been?

Who you seen?

What been doing?

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:24 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: Non stabby areas of Nottingham? Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

I was under the impression (can't remember where from!) that Nottingham is the gun crime capital of the UK.
Is there any reason you don't want to be stabbed but don't mind being shot?
Confused

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:02 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

About fifteen years ago, it's been quiet for the last ten Smile

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 13 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
SCORPS! You're back!

Where you been?

Who you seen?

What been doing?

You know that company who invited me for an interview when I got made redundant? Ive been really busy with them and I am now remembering I have an internet life Idea Dance!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:40 - 13 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal...scorps..BCF BBQ....Do it. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 13 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been discussing with Katy and Mrs Kickstart, if I'm riding again I an definitely up for it

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:24 - 14 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:
I've been discussing with Katy and Mrs Kickstart, if I'm riding again I an definitely up for it

Failing that, we will post you there!

All the best

Katy

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:40 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot put a stamp on my forehead!

mikester
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:04 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends how close you want to be to the centre although it matters not if you're near a tram stop and how much you detest students.

PM me if you are looking at somewhere in-particular and I'll tell you what it's like and exactly how I know.

Nottingham is a nice place to live, work and visit, it had a terrible reputation which I'm sure everyone knows about back in the early noughties but loads has changed.

General areas to avoid if you can are; Bulwell, Bestwood, Broxtowe, Strelley (unless Strelly village), Killisick estate, anywhere in the Meadows, MOST of St Anns (there are a few fairly posh areas here but few and far), Lenton (student and Radford-esque parts), all of Hyson Green, New Basford, Whitemoor, Netherfield. Srue there is more but can't recall right now.

Good areas to go are; bits of Carlton, bits of Mapperley Top, Gedling, Bramcote, Beeston, West Bridgeford, Bingham (slightly further out though), The very top end of Rise Park (furthest away from Top Valley and Bulwell, although you're partially encircled by these two shit areas), Bestwood Village (part of it is on the cusp of the Bestwood estae which is nice but same problem as Rise Park is you are blocked in by the shit), Wollaton (gets close to Lenton though).

Just a few, there's loads of places you can go and still be within the catchment of the city (transport and city limits), again PM me when you have some ideas on where to go.

mikester
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:09 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:
ZX-7R wrote:
A man needs to park his Bobber safely while drinking his Latte and wiping the froth from his beard. Laughing

Is that a euphemism, because the red light district is gone.

I assure you it is not. Get yourself down Forrest road (the east side) not even when it's dark and you'll see ladies standing about seemingly doing nothing....

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:42 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:
You cannot put a stamp on my forehead!

Franking machine?

All the best

Katy

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:02 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been here two years.

I live in Lenton, on the border of Radford. Haven't had any trouble personally, but I'm a heavily inked skinhead.

Meadows isn't as bad as people make out anymore. St Anns still shit.

If you've got the money West Bridgeford is decent. To be fair, much like any city there are roads that are 'safe' that lead onto 'unsafe' areas. For example, the main area from mine to a slightly more unsavoury (poorer, ethnic, council whatever you want to call it) area is about 300m but there is a notable difference.

I agree with Mikester about Forest Fields, although I would contest the student aspect. Mostly they are good natured dickheads, not stabby dickheads.
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://nottstv.com/police-cordon-off-road-in-nottingham-city-centre/

Quote:
Police cordon off part of Hockley in Nottingham after three men stabbed in leg

Thumbs Up
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 313 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2