Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

DAS training West Midlands

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

simoncrn
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:56 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: DAS training West Midlands Reply with quote

Hello Everyone, in a few months time I will be doing my motorbike training. My Theory is booked for 13th June. I was going to do my training at Streetbike in Halesowen until I found out how much there course is, £1090 for the 5 day course and that is not including the CBT. I'm now looking at doing my CBT and DAS course at Black Country Motorcycle Training in Tipton. There DAS course is £700 for CBT and 11 lessons. Has anyone got any first hand experience of Black country motorbike training?

B Button
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but I used these guys https://www.ridersmotorcycletraining.com/?gclid=CLuBnae46NMCFe297QodMo4M8A
You will want the Brierley Hill franchise - I used the Worcester one and was pleased with the course - friendly and committed to customers' success at test.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

£700 Sounds about right but then there's clarification needed on if that includes a crack at the module one and two at least once and what happens in the event that you fail. Also clarification on exactly how long those 11 lessons last, is that 11 hours or half days or full days (the latter I'd imagine not.)

Also I'd want to do a CBT, prior to investing £700, to try a company out before handing over a wad of cash.

Then there's the do you do a pay as you go or risk it all with £700 because you're confident. To me there's confident and then there's being able to pass. I went the pay as you go route but whatever you're comfortable with so long as you know the insides and out and what is advertised for £700 because handing it over is the easy bit but getting it back, I can only assume, will be a lot harder.

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am biased because I've known big Kev the owner for over 20 years, he's been in business doing the training for most of this time, and for a training school to last this long he must be doing something right, and they do MOT's on a Sunday, how cool is that!

simoncrn
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:46 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
£700 Sounds about right but then there's clarification needed on if that includes a crack at the module one and two at least once and what happens in the event that you fail. Also clarification on exactly how long those 11 lessons last, is that 11 hours or half days or full days (the latter I'd imagine not.)

Also I'd want to do a CBT, prior to investing £700, to try a company out before handing over a wad of cash.

Then there's the do you do a pay as you go or risk it all with £700 because you're confident. To me there's confident and then there's being able to pass. I went the pay as you go route but whatever you're comfortable with so long as you know the insides and out and what is advertised for £700 because handing it over is the easy bit but getting it back, I can only assume, will be a lot harder.

The £700 includes MOD1 and MOD2 test fees. The lessons, a lesson on a 125 lasts for 3 hours - a lesson on a 500 lasts for 2 or 2.5 hours if I remember correctly.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redditch motorcycle training are good

Think they just use RMT now and have a place in birmingham
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hang on midlands based

Do you like balloons
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:47 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCMT Are a decent bunch, I did my CBT with them, and some big bike training for my test many moons ago!!

Why go the sole DAS route? Why not get your CBT, thennride a 125 for 6 months or so, practice what you'll need to master, then, book a couple of hours with BCMT, or somewhere else, rent a bike, perhaps even off BCMT, and do the mod 1&2 yourself, really not difficult at all ! Damn sight cheaper as well!!

simoncrn
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:22 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
BCMT Are a decent bunch, I did my CBT with them, and some big bike training for my test many moons ago!!

Why go the sole DAS route? Why not get your CBT, thennride a 125 for 6 months or so, practice what you'll need to master, then, book a couple of hours with BCMT, or somewhere else, rent a bike, perhaps even off BCMT, and do the mod 1&2 yourself, really not difficult at all ! Damn sight cheaper as well!!

In a ideal world that would be the route I would want to take but I brought a new build house in December and I want to payback the Government Equity Loan asap.
I have spoken to biker friends of mine and said would it be a bad idea to do my bike test knowing that when I've passed my test I would not be in a position to buy a bike straight away. They all said once you've got your licence you've got your licence. It gives me the incentive to get that equity loan paid off.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon

Seems fair enough, I understand why you're doing it this way, in which case, all my dealings with BCMT have been good.

g8zpd
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:18 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend Motorcycle Training at DK Ltd. https://www.cbttrainingdudley.com/

I did pass MOD1 with Streetbike, but, they almost put me off going further, because I was so bad I needed 3-4 days training before they would put me in for Mod2.

Gaz was recommended. Did an assessment with him. Was told I was already close to test standard, did a days training and passed with no minors. Nice bloke and great trainer.

Paul.

steve__b
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:48 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

B Button wrote:
No, but I used these guys https://www.ridersmotorcycletraining.com/?gclid=CLuBnae46NMCFe297QodMo4M8A
You will want the Brierley Hill franchise - I used the Worcester one and was pleased with the course - friendly and committed to customers' success at test.

I used Riders Wolverhampton and took tests at Wolverhampton. The examiner and instructor were great. I got on good first name terms with examiner which eased any nervousness. I passed both mods first time. I highly recommend it. I still have instructor's name & number. I'd recommend calling Riders and say you want DAS training and tests at Wolverhampton.

whitmorereans
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:51 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

I did my CBT with them and can confirm that they are very good.

I did my DAS with Open Road, just off j4 of the m5, though as they gave me a decent discount.

I was very happy with both of them, so I can recommend both RMT and Open Road

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:05 - 15 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trained with BCMT (Kev being a family friend) when I was 21 and was a bit put off by the amount of lessons they wanted me to do on a 125 before being put on a 600. It was something like 5 or 6.

After that I went with SOLO MCT in Walsall which was a bit further away but I was passed within the month after 5 lessons on a 600.

Tom.

simoncrn
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:36 - 16 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

g8zpd wrote:
I recommend Motorcycle Training at DK Ltd. https://www.cbttrainingdudley.com/

I did pass MOD1 with Streetbike, but, they almost put me off going further, because I was so bad I needed 3-4 days training before they would put me in for Mod2.

Gaz was recommended. Did an assessment with him. Was told I was already close to test standard, did a days training and passed with no minors. Nice bloke and great trainer.

Paul.

Thanks for posting your experience with Streetbike. My personal opinion on Streetbike is that they seem to think they are above everybody else. They are MCIAC Gold Standard so that seems that they can ask stupid amount for training with them.

whitmorereans wrote:
andyscooter wrote:

I did my CBT with them and can confirm that they are very good.

I did my DAS with Open Road, just off j4 of the m5, though as they gave me a decent discount.

I was very happy with both of them, so I can recommend both RMT and Open Road

Unfortunately RMT Redditch and Open Road Bromsgrove are a little bit further than I willing to travel

Holdawayt wrote:
I trained with BCMT (Kev being a family friend) when I was 21 and was a bit put off by the amount of lessons they wanted me to do on a 125 before being put on a 600. It was something like 5 or 6.

After that I went with SOLO MCT in Walsall which was a bit further away but I was passed within the month after 5 lessons on a 600.

Tom.

Did you pay for the course with BCMT or did you just pay for the lessons when you had then.
Can you remember if you could have Morning or Afternoon lessons.
I have emailed BCMT about when do they do the lesson so I could see about fitting lessons in with work, they ain't bothered to email back.

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:30 - 16 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holdawayt wrote:

Tom.

Did you pay for the course with BCMT or did you just pay for the lessons when you had then.
Can you remember if you could have Morning or Afternoon lessons.
I have emailed BCMT about when do they do the lesson so I could see about fitting lessons in with work, they ain't bothered to email back.[/quote]

To be fair to them, at that stage I was paying on a per lesson basis so it's fair to assume they'd want to string me out a bit. I know people who have paid for the course and had no complaints.

Give them a call, they're normally out on rides.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 340 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1