Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 250, 251, 252 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:51 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

This has ground my gears for over a quarter of a century.
They now have something in common with licencetosocket in that there's not many teeth left.

Im genuinely amazed DJs don't get murdered on a regular basis. Surely DJ'ing is banned by Sharia law?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:57 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
recman wrote:

This has ground my gears for over a quarter of a century.
They now have something in common with licencetosocket in that there's not many teeth left.

Im genuinely amazed DJs don't get murdered on a regular basis. Surely DJ'ing is banned by Sharia law?

The station you're forced to listen to is probably automated with the occasional news break.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:02 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im seriously considering getting an fm transmitter and jamming it.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:14 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indicator bulb going pop. Sad

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:35 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Im seriously considering getting an fm transmitter and jamming it.

You know you need a license to listen to the radio in the workplace right? If... for example, as a hypothetical exercise someone were to inform the Performing Rights Society of this violation it might stop the radio being played in the workplace.

Is your workplace a public place btw?

Obviously you'd have to be a bit of an @rse to do this... *cough* Linklater *cough*.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:19 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
[

Obviously you'd have to be a bit of an @rse to do this... *cough* Linklater *cough*.

"a bit of an @rse"?. With you as an example im surprised you're not recommending being a complete @rse. Presumably you're offering to be my Sensai in these techniques but im no where near advanced enough Laughing
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:51 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainpal weather stopping me from working on the bike Sad

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:33 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

License to kill wrote:
I always forget KFC makes me thirsty as fuck until I've gnawed away at it. Oh and it wasn't finger lickin' good.

I have never been to KFC. The reason being the KFC in Pontefract in the seventies looked and smelled disgusting and added to that was the concept of food in a bucket, yuck!. I just looked up the KFC in Pontefract on street view and it still looks like a #hithole. Sick

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the cover off the bike this morning, only to notice a few drops of oil appear to have escaped from the bike.

https://preview.ibb.co/iENcNa/20170519_083731.jpg
photo upload sites free

Rang up my local kawasaki service centre to get it checked out, as it's under warranty. I was then told they wouldn't be able to book it in before the second week of June. Mad

Not sure if I want to chance riding it to another dealership as it's about 20 miles away.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:13 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^That's a long waiting list. Shocked Could be worse. 4 of the lads I went touring with had their bikes stolen this morning. 3 now found.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:32 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reversing-into-a-bollard exercise last week has resulted in me being docked £50 a week for the next ten (yes, 10!) weeks for the replacement indicator panel at the back - as it was a self-inflicted accident, it wasn't covered by the ridiculous amount of insurance I also pay.

Not happy.
Expensive lesson in paying attention to where one is reversing!

Won't be doing that again in a hurry if that's the sort of money they're going to take off me.

The guy who fixed it at the garage did warn me it wasn't going to be cheap; might as well have taken out the whole side panel, and be indentured to them forever Rolling Eyes FFS Rolling Eyes

I may just pay it off in a lump sum and fuck off to a different career, if I cop the hump badly enough about it over the ensuing few hours.
But then again, I may not.
Depends on the next few days...

Brick Wall

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:
Took the cover off the bike this morning, only to notice a few drops of oil appear to have escaped from the bike.

https://preview.ibb.co/iENcNa/20170519_083731.jpg

That looks very black. Are you sure it's not just muck dripping down from around the front sprocket where perhaps some water has also got in?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:48 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:

That could be dripping from a breather hose.

I'd expect that your crankcase breather heads to the airbox via a T-junction, of which that's the lower leg. The lighter stuff gets burned off in the engine, the heavier drips down the hose instead of pooling in the airbox. My modern-ish bikes have had that hose plugged, and crud pools in it. Is your plug missing, or open?

If it's coming from a hose, then better out than in.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Dave70 wrote:

That could be dripping from a breather hose.

I'd expect that your crankcase breather heads to the airbox via a T-junction, of which that's the lower leg. The lighter stuff gets burned off in the engine, the heavier drips down the hose instead of pooling in the airbox. My modern-ish bikes have had that hose plugged, and crud pools in it. Is your plug missing, or open?

If it's coming from a hose, then better out than in.

It appears to have run down the outside of the hose.

Just got off the phone to J&S Northwich. They suspect it's chain lube fling off that's built up and is starting to drip out with the warmer weather (I had read something similar online and it was very gloopy, so makes sense ). Anyway, they've booked it in for a service Wednesday ( Middle Finger Millenium MC) and will check it out.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:04 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:

Just got off the phone to J&S Northwich. They suspect it's chain lube fling off that's built up and is starting to drip out with the warmer weather (I had read something similar online and it was very gloopy, so makes sense ). Anyway, they've booked it in for a service Wednesday ( Middle Finger Millenium MC) and will check it out.

It does look remarkably like scotoiler detrious.

Whoever lubed the chain on the strumpet before I bought it was managing to cause this level of drippage before I even fitted the scotoiler....

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:05 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

License to kill wrote:
People who waffle on to me about shite when I'm in deep thoughts about what to buy from ASDA.

FTFY

ackack
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:58 - 20 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance.
A choice between MCE £121 all declared mods and £500+ everyone else. A special mention to Carol Nash for quoting £790! despite their ads indicating they are modifications friendly.
Looks like another year with MCE beckons, at least I clarified the garage issue. If it's on the the drive between 2200 and 0600 and gets stolen I'm not covered which seems fair enough.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:20 - 20 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:

Pretty sure I mentioned to you about millennium before Laughing

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:00 - 20 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
[Pretty sure I mentioned to you about millennium before Laughing

Aye, I think we've both discussed them in the past and I've experienced how utterly sh!te they usually are in my dealings with them.

However, they're a five minute walk away from my house, so I could literally push the bike there if need be. I just didn't fancy riding it 20 miles to J&S, as I originally thought it was leaking oil. The last bike I owned disposed of its oil suddenly and tried to kill me in the process.

It boggles my mind how they stay in business tbh. Virtually no-one has a good word to about them. Neutral

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 20 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a lot of shops, including but not limited to MCO, Wigan Kawasaki, Preston Superbike (Formerly Slingers), KJM, among others. Probably tie ins with Wigan/Chorley Yamaha and Wigan Suzuki too, though I'm not 100%.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 20 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Improv' jazz, and the people who think they're sophisticated by listening to it.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:44 - 20 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to remove a ceramic valve from my kitchen tap.
20mins of hulking and it finally relented, so glad I didn't have to fuck about changing the entire tap.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 20 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: Low hot water pressure in new (rented) house.

2: Job adverts which don't state the salary.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 314 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 250, 251, 252 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 251 of 698