Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

yet more insurance fuckwittery

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 22 May 2017    Post subject: yet more insurance fuckwittery Reply with quote

as I sold my bikes I phoned bennets and cancelled my policy with them as nothing to insure

today I got two letters

one being a notice of cancelation and the other being a notice of outstanding balance

bearing in mind the policy was only £118 to start with which was paid off in full when I bought it
they seem to want to charge me £97

also they have no mention of one of my bikes on the policy at all so not sure if its completely cancelled or not

only have three days to try to sort this but the number closes at half five and I don't finish work til six and wife who is needed as we used her card to pay the bill doesn't get home til seven

and to make things worse the bennets site is down so cant even access my account

fuck wits Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 22 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

£97 outright or refund of £21? If it was the former I'd be telling them it's their choice to cancel the policy or not.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:15 - 22 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pre-planned my next cancellation.

It will be to inform the broker in writing that I no longer have an insurance interest in the vehicle, get proof of posting, and then ignore anything else concerning that policy short of a court summons.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

97_ quid on top

Policy was due to finish end of june

Finance dept were not open til Friday in the time me and wife are at home at same time

BENNETS CANfuck off in future
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its sorted

They admit they fucked up and qwe have it in writing there is no charges and they are shit

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a good one.

My elderly Mum recently had her garden wall knocked down by reversing lorry, which promptly did a runner... fortunately a passerby was good enough to clock the reg plate, and eventually popo put her in touch with the culprit's insurers who wrote to her admitting liability and asking for copies of repair estimates, photos etc.

A claims handler left her a voicemail yesterday, and this morning I called them back myself. (Bear in mind that the handler was from the Indian subcontinent as usual and extremely difficult to make out what he was on about - the following is the gist of a long conversation):
"Unfortunately I am unable to open one of your estimates, the file seems to be corrupt so I need you to send us another copy please."
"Erm - but she sent you hard copies of the estimates, if they've been scanned in, it's been done by you!"
"Oh. Well please can you send us another copy anyway?"
"Eh? So are you saying you've incorrectly scanned and then destroyed her letter? What if she hasn't kept copies of her estimates, which is quite likely, are you going to expect her to get new estimates off the builder?" (bit of a lie, as I know damned well mum would have keprt copies, but hey...)
"Oh no they won't have been destroyed, but it would be quicker if you could send us a new copy..."
Rolling Eyes

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had something similar once
Our garden wall blew over as it was built shit (previous owner)

Phoned insurance to be told if we got a quote for less then £500 we could just go ahead

Work was complete and we called to sort moneys

To be told we couldn't have it as they didn't agree

Took a lot of arguing to sort but we did eventually

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 31 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update again
My Dept has been passed onto a recovery agent according to a phoencall I missed today

Spent lunch and half the afternoon trying to ring the number but couldn't get through as permanently on hold

Luckily we have contact number of admin person who sent email saying it was sorted
Also have more then one copy of email

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:10 - 31 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
My Dept has been passed onto a recovery agent according to a phoencall I missed today

Spent lunch and half the afternoon trying to ring the number

Why are you not just blocking the numbers of everyone involved, and getting on with your life?

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:43 - 31 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's insurance time for old Peppers as well.
I did get a letter telling me, not asking that they will automatically renew my car insurance.
No claims and no convictions since last year and they wanted an extra £80 Mad .
I called them to tell them that they cannot renew my insurance or take money out of my account unless they have my express permission.
They had the nerve to tell they can an will ignore my instructions Evil or Very Mad

After a VERY heated discussion, we agreed that they WILL remove me from the automatic renewal list and I will get a £20 reduction on last years price.

These twats seem to live on another planet Thinking

Also I got the reminder for the ZX6r and the Hyosung 250.
How the hell do they work out the premiums???
The 250 with half the cylinders, less than half the power , and less than half the cc's , cost triple to insure than the ZX6r Shocked .
Yet again phone calls were made and words were said.
This time resulting in a £40 discount over last years premium.

How the hell can these people expect to retain business if they have policy of overcharging unless you call them Evil or Very Mad

I will start looking at prices earlier next year and that's for sure.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:47 - 31 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a good experience with Bennetts today, after Hastings (soon to be ex-insurer) c/wouldn't quote me for cover
after I'd added the mods to the bike and also declaring my prang in the Swift in April. So their renewal has gone in the
bin along with any chances of them seeing my coin again. Had a ring around today, Carole Nash can suck my wang
if she thinks I'm paying her prices and she can stick her DNA up her chuffbox too. Why can't I skip that bollocks
and have the corresponding discount instead Carol, tell me that? Brick Wall The bike is datatagged anyway!! Does it
really need to be done again using the special Carol Nash stuff? Fuck off! That insistence on using their product
would have seen me go elsewhere even if dear Carol was the cheapest.

Rang a few others but got sick of repeating myself so went with a quote from Bennetts, all extras covered & they
know about the prang in the car. 120 quid cheaper than that beeatch Nash who wanted to jack up my premium for
hugger, heated grips, bobbins and a grabrail... No charge for any of those at Bennetts, and a couple of my planned mods
are also on their no chargey chargey list Thumbs Up I have gap cover for the next 29 months anyway, so I should see my money
back whatever the payout if the worst happens. Also stipulated no auto renew or selling my deets to other firms.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:03 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Just had a good experience with Bennetts today, after Hastings (soon to be ex-insurer) c/wouldn't quote me for cover
after I'd added the mods to the bike and also declaring my prang in the Swift in April. So their renewal has gone in the
bin along with any chances of them seeing my coin again. Had a ring around today, Carole Nash can suck my wang
if she thinks I'm paying her prices and she can stick her DNA up her chuffbox too. Why can't I skip that bollocks
and have the corresponding discount instead Carol, tell me that? Brick Wall The bike is datatagged anyway!! Does it
really need to be done again using the special Carol Nash stuff? Fuck off! That insistence on using their product
would have seen me go elsewhere even if dear Carol was the cheapest.

Rang a few others but got sick of repeating myself so went with a quote from Bennetts, all extras covered & they
know about the prang in the car. 120 quid cheaper than that beeatch Nash who wanted to jack up my premium for
hugger, heated grips, bobbins and a grabrail... No charge for any of those at Bennetts, and a couple of my planned mods
are also on their no chargey chargey list Thumbs Up I have gap cover for the next 29 months anyway, so I should see my money
back whatever the payout if the worst happens. Also stipulated no auto renew or selling my deets to other firms.

bennetts were great when I had accident a few years back

they were also great when I wanted to give them money

not so great now

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:04 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
andyscooter wrote:

Spent lunch and half the afternoon trying to ring the number

Why are you not just blocking the numbers of everyone involved, and getting on with your life?

because messages don't come from a number as such it comes up with the name bennets and to call the number
this is the number that we tried to ring and after half hour suddenly clicked onto our offices are now closed please call again another time

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:17 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

bennetts were great when I had accident a few years back

they were also great when I wanted to give them money

not so great now

That's good news, that's when I'll need them to be good. As for the rest they are no different to any other insurer.
Necessary evil though.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:21 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
[Multiple counts of: broker tried to fuck me, I wasted time arguing with phone monkeys then rewarded their behaviour by giving them repeat business.]

I give up.

andyscooter wrote:
messages don't come from a number as such it comes up with the name bennets and to call the number

I'm down, man, stop kicking. I give up already.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:23 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
pepperami wrote:
[Multiple counts of: broker tried to fuck me, I wasted time arguing with phone monkeys then rewarded their behaviour by giving them repeat business.]

I give up..

True, but I paid less pounds than last year by about 10% for both my car and my bikes, so not so terrible.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 324 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1