Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2017 - Spill counter.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:30 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I'd rather drop my speed on approach, giving myself time to assess whether I have been seen, move to the centre a bit, and avoid hitting him in the first place, but there you go...

Well in a perfect world Razz (and as long as they aren't turning into the opposite lane...but that is a rabbit hole I try not to go down).

Even with precautions, there are no guarantees I'd be ok, but my point is, I'm giving myself half a chance.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:25 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's simple.

Charging around like race bike when there is no soft runoff and people are going in the opposite direction to you is only going to end up one way.

Track days for speed. Road riding should be safety first, above all else including fun.

As Chickenstrip says, you have to give yourself a fighting chance, no one else will.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:56 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkjackary wrote:
And yup, it is a 60, so I was indicated at ~5mph over at most.

https://i.imgur.com/DT5YCgI.png

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:23 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jakebrownbass wrote:

Generally slow on the road is there as a sign to slow down. They're not just there for fun.

i once locked up the rear on one of these "slow" signs on the road and crashed because of it.. ironic really

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:28 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

why didnt you go for the gap? youd scrub a fair bit of speed off doing so and probably made it looking like a badass...

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrippleTron wrote:
why didnt you go for the gap? youd scrub a fair bit of speed off doing so and probably made it looking like a badass...

Maybe, maybe not. But I'd say "Not" comes with a pretty high likelihood of potato syndrome, not to mention a conviction for dangerous driving. Or, worse if he caused the oncoming car to veer off in panic, into a lamp post.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:05 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
CrippleTron wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. But I'd say "Not" comes with a pretty high likelihood of potato syndrome, not to mention a conviction for dangerous driving. Or, worse if he caused the oncoming car to veer off in panic, into a lamp post.

Higher than what actually happened? Had he hit the lorry full on, or slid into the path of the oncoming car he'd have had serious injuries and/or be deaded.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkjackary wrote:
Freddyfruitbat wrote:
So what's with the photoshopped-on arrows at 0:28? I assume I'm missing something obvious?
Pointing out that there are two people there, who have only just realised I was there, and how much worse it could have been if I binned it earlier and couldn't control where the bike went down.

Ah. I just saw "cardboard box" and "mirror" Confused

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:52 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think regardless of what occurred OP wasn't prepared for the BCF investigative crash unit interrogation.

Glad you posted now, right? Laughing

PS: Is Borg plod? polite vest with nee noor as his current profile picture and skills that outdo actual polise ones. Neee nooooor. Police

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:47 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

PS: Is Borg plod?

No, he's scottish.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
NJD wrote:

No, he's scottish.

A Scottish policeman vampire.

He's watching you, I tell the (profile at time of your comment):

https://s7.postimg.org/z47sxls1n/xzd.jpg

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:35 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

He pays far too much tax to be a pig.

There are a couple on here, but the ones I've met were cool. Rogerborg wasn't one of them.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:58 - 29 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Roger has scared OP off with his detective skills.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
I think Roger has scared OP off with his detective skills.

The video has gone from You-tube.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:56 - 11 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, just about to do my mandatory spill counter post. To keep in line with rules, am I to post full report in here with diagrams of the whole bollocks situations, minus the actual bollocks, Or brief report in here, and full info in all its glory in a separate post. Bare in mind, will be asking a few questions regarding insurance fuckwittery?

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:08 - 11 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick explanation, obligatory shite paint diagram and pictures of fucked bike. Do not need to see fucked bollock, you can stick that in a NSFW seperate post Thumbs Up

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:45 - 11 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Quick explanation, obligatory shite paint diagram and pictures of fucked bike. Do not need to see fucked bollock, you can stick that in a NSFW seperate post Thumbs Up
Speak for yourself, I've never seen a ruptured nad before. A scan/xray will do.
Just make sure your post is correctly numbered, they get funny about that shit on here.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:11 - 11 Jun 2017    Post subject: [NOT WORK SAFE] Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
UncleBFester wrote:
Speak for yourself, I've never seen a ruptured nad before. A scan/xray will do.
Just make sure your post is correctly numbered, they get funny about that shit on here.

https://bfy.tw/CInA - probably NSFW on the basis it's not pretty!

Knock yourself out, unless it's specifically his you want to see, which would be a little ( a lot ) weird.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:59 - 11 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: [NOT WORK SAFE] Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

https://bfy.tw/CInA - probably NSFW on the basis it's not pretty!

Knock yourself out, unless it's specifically his you want to see, which would be a little ( a lot ) weird.

Google wrote:

So that was a fail.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 11 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked for me, still works for me. Still don't want to see his Smile

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

#12 I believe.

So, here we have it.

-Coming down road shown in picture below, came round the bend, a bend well known for incidents, so I always come off the throttle on approach.
-Cars are known to just follow the car in front out without looking. Saw the blue car, slowed further, but saw it stop at the give way line. (his is minor road, mine is major)
-Looked into window, saw the man look right at me, so gently went back on throttle, but not much due to not trusting the van to just pull in.
-old man, looked the other way, seeing the van sitting there, and decided to just pull out without looking.
- So i brake hard, while trying to slip behind the car. Managed to keep it upright, and look at where i wanted to go and not at the car, but alas, bike thought fuck it and went into the side of the car, trowing me clear of the car, flat on back and head, with nuts getting squished in the process.

Details of note.
-Man in red van jumps out and shouts t car driver before helping me, but calms down quickly.
-Can behind old man, has dash cam.
-Dude was little 75 year old man.
-Police were called and dealt with incident.

First time in any situation like this, and to avoid jacking the spill counter, I have started another thread with a few questions regarding blame, claim, insurance, police, etc etc.

Oh, woe is me
Crying or Very sad Karma

https://s20.postimg.org/pa1mwnaod/approach.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/wbzkiuea5/Crash.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/6qncizr2l/IMG_20170609_161455.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/s1kwn9971/IMG_20170609_163953.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/lxyqpltjh/IMG_20170609_164248.jpg

https://s20.postimg.org/j2lniqpjh/IMG_20170609_164252.jpg

Last edited by Tracer1234 on 00:55 - 03 Jul 2017; edited 6 times in total

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:45 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucks sake!!! You just got new dustcaps too.

Maybe the old bastard will stop driving now he's nearly killed someone, wtf is anyone that frail doing at the wheel of a car anyway.
Wasn't the old 'automatic car - stepped on wrong pedal' scenario that they all seem to fall foul of was it?

Good job you're not dead, enjoy the compo and the new bike when the time comes.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:50 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Fucks sake!!! You just got new dustcaps too.

Ahh ma gahhhh, I forgot about the dust caps Shocked Sad

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 06:45 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strip dust caps from corpse before the bike is scrapped.

Tracer1234 wrote:
-Looked into window, saw the man look right at me

Through you.

Not much you could do there. I know we 'should' ride around horning everyone, but realistically, that looks as no-fault as its possible to get. However:

https://i.imgur.com/rV42zMn.png

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:05 - 12 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:

-Looked into window, saw the man look right at me, so gently went back on throttle, but not much due to not trusting the van to just pull in.
-old man, looked the other way, seeing the van sitting there, and decided to just pull out without looking.

Rogerborg wrote:
However:

Doesn't sound like it would have made a blind ( Rolling Eyes ) bit of difference.
Sorry to hear of it Tracer. What did bollocks contact? Pale

UncleBFester wrote:
Do not need to see fucked bollock, you can stick that in a NSFW seperate post

With Fisty's cock? Thinking
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 312 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15