Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:54 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Reply with quote

So it's Minion #1 birthday at the weekend and we are having a 3 foot noise army round to celebrate. The theme as seems to be the fashion with the girly ones is frozen.

We have a few things organised already but one thing I thought would be cool was to have some fake snow. Now it looks like its going to be 26 degrees so something ice based is not going to work so I started looking at the powder type snow you can get. This often comes in test tubes around Christmas and makes a big bowl full. I was hoping to do some thing a bit grander.

Google tells me that this stuff is basically a superabsorbent polymer often (sodium polacrylate). A bit more searching and I have found this stuff linky I think with 4 bags of this I should be able to get enough to cover a tarp on the lawn...

£20 delivery though and I doubt they could get t to me for the weekend.. . Confused

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 14:59 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Reply with quote

natefz6 wrote:
So it's Minion #1 birthday at the weekend and we are having a 3 foot noise army round to celebrate. The theme as seems to be the fashion with the girly ones is frozen.

We have a few things organised already but one thing I thought would be cool was to have some fake snow. Now it looks like its going to be 26 degrees so something ice based is not going to work so I started looking at the powder type snow you can get. This often comes in test tubes around Christmas and makes a big bowl full. I was hoping to do some thing a bit grander.

Google tells me that this stuff is basically a superabsorbent polymer often (sodium polacrylate). A bit more searching and I have found this stuff linky I think with 4 bags of this I should be able to get enough to cover a tarp on the lawn...

£20 delivery though and I doubt they could get t to me for the weekend.. . Confused

Kids are gonna be playing in it I really would trust something that advertises that it can be used in urinals. Laughing It'll be like filling a sandpit with sharp sand.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered ; https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/prosound-snow-machine-n07gh
Quite expensive and tiny but they'll be a bit more 'in awe', rather than plastic stuff...

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:22 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCF adverts at the bottom of the page pointed me at this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151881677732

I might do the snow machine as well Very Happy

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:29 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change party from Frozen to Princess, save yourself the hassle.

Frozen is so 2013, tell you child to move on.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cotton wool.

It's special magic summer snow that doesn't melt. Laughing

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:42 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

t121anf wrote:
Change party from Frozen to Princess, save yourself the hassle.

Frozen is so 2013, tell you child to move on.

kind of this, tbh

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:55 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to remember is that Frozen has 2 female characters not all girls like Anna or Elsa so you will get a Cinders, Belle, Moana, etc turning up.

Also, can't say I've ever seen a Kirstoff, Olaf or Hans (or Sven for that matter) at a kids party, so expect superheros if you invite boys.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 308 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1