BCF: Bike Chat Forums

holidays - whats everyone's plans for trips on the bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

arthurmo
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:09 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went solo to Spain last year after someone dropped out and it worked out fine. You get to chat to other bikers on the ferry and quite often on the routes. I went to the Picos last year and the good thing about solo is it's at your own pace and you stop where you want.

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:38 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Moxey wrote:

I really wanted to go to Spain but unfortunately nobody to go with and I don't fancy abroad solo yet Sad.

That's how I felt at first. Had a riding buddy lined up, then that didn't work out. Got another one in on it, then that didn't happen either. So I decided, sod it, if I don't go solo, at this rate, I'll never get to go at all, so I booked it anyway. In some ways, I'd rather be solo. I can stop when and where I want, as often as I want, without annoying anyone, it's easier to get chatting to people when you're alone, and I can alter my plans without argument. It's nice to have someone like-minded along sometimes to share the experiences with, but they can be a royal pain in the arse at times too. Especially when it's some random bloke off a bike forum you've only met 2 or 3 times before on organised ride outs, eh Neil? Razz

In Europe, there's really nothing difficult about it. They want your money as much as anyone else, so they tend to make it easy for you. As long as you have the essentials sorted, like breakdown, insurance etc, it's not really any more difficult than doing it in the UK.

It's nice to have a drinking buddy!! If our paths cross in the Picos or Pyrenees then your welcome to join me and the wife for a few beers, bottles of wine etc...

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arthurmo wrote:
. I went to the Picos last year and the good thing about solo is it's at your own pace and you stop where you want.

This. More than once I've found a quiet spot on an empty part of a mountain pass in the lakes, or similar, and just sat there, sipping coffee. Can't really do that in a group.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ammoman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:50 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferry to Roscoff then a couple of days riding down to the Swiss Alps in July. Can't wait. Laughing

Dave V4
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:32 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was supposed to be going to spain/ Santander on the 4th, wife now has to go into hospital next Tuesday so it's all gone tits up. Managed to rebook the ferry for 5th September but lost money on hotels and moto go tickets . 3months recovery for the misses so I won't be doing much this summer at all unfortunately 😔. Roll on September!

stuartadair
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 06:04 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

All booked up, weekend in June camping in Anglesey. Travelling from Tewkesbury taking the scenic route through Hereford, Leominster, Shrewsbury, then the A5 up through Betws-y-coed. Mrs Wife and me on ST1100 and No2 son on his CB500X.

Plans also underway for a tour of Scotland later this year but there's a holiday abroad in September so might have to push that one back to next year.

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you BCF Laughing I'm now looking at ferries to Spain....if your gonna tour you gotta do it big Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moxey wrote:
Damn you BCF Laughing I'm now looking at ferries to Spain....if your gonna tour you gotta do it big Razz

Do eeet!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:33 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heading for the Chunnel on the 30th June and riding mainly the French coast anti-clockwise down to the Pyrenees,along the south coast and the Cote d'Azur to Cannes before heading up the Route Napolean.

Mrs. Fizzer wants to go to Arras to pay her respects to her great Uncle,who was killed in the First War and is buried in one of the many IWGC cemetarys there.

Always have a 'Plan B'

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:47 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trailer the Beast to a harbour on the West Coast of Bonnie Scotland and dump it in the Sea.

Or, ride it up the ramp of a ferry and hoor it round an Idyllic Isle for a day or two.

(Reason for trailer-isation is, the Mrs. is not keen on a long haul on the back of a bike to a ferry port right now. Shocked But we are in negotiations presently)

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

(Reason for trailer-isation is, the Mrs. is not keen on a long haul on the back of a bike to a ferry port right now. Shocked But we are in negotiations presently)

I've never understood the need for these particular accessories on a bike. Surely about as useful as......r......rrr.......rrrrrr......Rainpal!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:29 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
MCN wrote:

I've never understood the need for these particular accessories on a bike. Surely about as useful as......r......rrr.......rrrrrr......Rainpal!

I will have a tube of Rainpal for the bedroom. Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

I will have a tube of Rainpal for the bedroom. Thumbs Up

Bedroom? Feck me, how big is that trailer?!

Billy Balthorpe
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:10 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and 12 mates going to my place in the middle of France for a week, leaving from Stoke at 4 am on 1st June, some nice ride outs into the Parc Du Morvan, a day pulling Carp out of Lac De Panassiere, lots of beer and good food with good mates. Some of the lads are extending the holiday a bit with a trip to Hoeselt in Belgium for the Demerrock rally on the way home. 1st night is in an F1 in Compiegne for the traditional enormous 1st night piss up. The A104 round Paris just isn't the same if you're not trying to stop yourself throwing up in your helmet. We've even got someone in a big car taking all the luggage down. Happy days! Cant wait, only 35 sleeps to go!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:40 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Balthorpe wrote:
1st night is in an F1 in Compiegne for the traditional enormous 1st night piss up.

Well, if you're going to trash a place, might as well be somewhere that's not likely to look any different to how it started Laughing

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:01 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
the Mrs.

So hang on a sec - are you back together?? This is better than Hollyoaks!

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Billy Balthorpe
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:45 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Billy Balthorpe wrote:
1st night is in an F1 in Compiegne for the traditional enormous 1st night piss up.

Well, if you're going to trash a place, might as well be somewhere that's not likely to look any different to how it started Laughing

Oh come on, there's nothing to trash!!!

Mess up the bed and, um, er, leave the window open?

Billy Balthorpe
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:46 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

34 sleeps now!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 326 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2