Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 259, 260, 261 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold mine too...

I may have Insured, MOT'd, Taxed another though. The project is a project no longer.

Lowsider
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:21 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it!!!!

Turns out, after the 3rd time of having everything apart, I had forgotten a single bloody vacuum hose.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:
Sold it Crying or Very sad

Get out!

Different motorsickle, how many pages did you go back to get that Confused

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gpz900 rear wheel bearings done.
Attempted to clean 25 years of chain gunge off the swing arm and wheel. Failed miserably.

Rebuilt the rear twin pot with new seals and bled it. Then put the wheel on which is a proper faff.

Productive evening in the garage Smile

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did some electrickery stuff. On the Pan I fitted an auxiliary fuse box as soon as I got it, powered via a relay triggered from the switched supply available on the quartet harness connector.

That's great, except that sometimes (but not always) I want some things to stay powered when the rest of the bike is off - and potentially with the key removed, so putting the ignition switch into the aux position isn't good enough..

An additional switch, a bit of wire and a couple of diodes onto the relay coil sorted that out. The relay triggers as normal when I power up the bike, and turns off when I turn the bike off. But, if I flick that switch when the bike has power, then then relay stays on when the bike is off and all the relevant toys remain powered. Open the switch, and they shut down - and cannot be powered up again unless the ignition is turned on.

Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:38 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had 2 spare keys made for it. I recently bought a Honda with the HISS immobiliser system that only had one key. If you were to lose the only key then getting the bike running again is apparently very expensive.

Called the local Honda dealer who said they charge £120 per key. They also told me not to use them but to go to the local locksmith who can do it for £35 (full points to Robspeed Grimsby here who I will be going to from now on when I need a dealer).

The locksmith had a mare as my key didn't make a strong enough signal for his transponder coding machine to work. After about a dozen attempts he disassembled the machine to put the key directly on the aerial. Worked first time then so I got him to make a couple.

So, not a particularly interesting bike task but one which will greatly reduce the stress if I were to lose my key. Of course I will never lose one now but that's the way these things work. It's like carrying an umbrella...guarantees it's not going to rain.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chopped a shitload of redundant wires out, repaired previous owners bodge jobs on other wires. Made a cover up to keep the worst off the leccy bits exposed by removing shitty trim panels. Put fan on a switch as the thermistor appears to be fecked and it's not kicking in at all.

Changed coolant out. Looked at oil filter cover, CBA, so I rode it around some fun local roads in an attempt to take the edge off the slightly squared, but hardly used, tyres. Turns out I forgot just how much I love a set of Renthal's until today.

Still a project of sorts, but it's now a fun project with an MOT.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:23 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did finish bike stand I started two years ago. It should now save a lot of time vs refitting the centre stand.

https://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m593/Kramdra/IMG_20170527_201657_zps4kfpeva9.jpg

https://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m593/Kramdra/IMG_20170527_201714_zpsvjvpcdqw.jpg

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:
I did finish bike stand I started two years ago. It should now save a lot of time vs refitting the centre stand.

https://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m593/Kramdra/IMG_20170527_201657_zps4kfpeva9.jpg

https://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m593/Kramdra/IMG_20170527_201714_zpsvjvpcdqw.jpg

This looks mighty do-able.
Did you just make it for your bike specifically or did you try to replicate a well known make?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is just like a centre stand but pivoting higher up on the swingarm.

https://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m593/Kramdra/bikestand/IMG_20140716_165938_zps8025a8cc.jpg

That was my previous, had faaar too much lift and was flimsy as fuck when lifting a 600, but perfect on the 250.

I used M20 threaded bar, 40mm x3 tube, the lifting height is about 500mm. The threaded ends on this are turned to 7.3mm and 11.1mm to fit the cbr6, but I can make more as I need them. Ill be trying it out on a DL650 later for a front tire swap.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 15:13 - 29 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

3rd attempt over the last week or so to sort the carb on the Cagiva Freccia. Flooded on me badly, so carb off and found a bit of grit in the needle valve. Cleaned that out and then next time out it ran fine on the way there, but kept dieing on the way back. Keeping to about 30 it would manage about 2km before it died again, leave it to stand for a minute or 2 and then repeat. 25 mile journey took a while! thought it was a kinked fuel pipe so tried to fix that (and put in a fuel filter while at it), but while improved it was still not running well. Wondered if the fuel filter was restricting things. But that seemed to flow well, but fuel flow after the fuel tap was lousy. Took the tap to pieces and found a build up of furry corrosion on the intake to the tap. Cleaned that out and now runs a lot better.

All the best

Katy

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:00 - 29 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a new one to replace the crashed Fazer.

https://i.imgur.com/o94unYb.jpg

Decided a 600 just wasnt big enough anymore... go big or go home right?

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 29 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-bodged some silicone that had blown off the Alu shim/spacer in the exhaust after a "spirited" ride.
Proper graphite spacer ordered to get rid of the shim. Also ordered some proper Mikalor clamps to replace the doubled up Jubilee clips, a paddock stand as there's no centre stand, front pads and some grips.

I also ordered a carbon wrap because it was cheap and she's tatty as all fuck, and I'm not sure I want to go full on rat with her just yet. With that in mind, I ordered a red tyre pen, because fuck it, why not.

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a quality weekend in the Peaks with the SE lads (and an SW lady) I came home complete sore all over... And that's not even from the rideout we had!!

I had wiggled my sprocket carrier on friday, thought it was a tad wobbly but would be good for the weekend. It was.

Monday, I get home and decide I want a definitive yes or no to a new bearing. So I removed the rear wheel just to check.

It ended up turning into a fully sprocket and carrier, chain and swingarm clean up and lube. (I do get carried away very easily)

https://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg630/haroman6661/WP_20170529_19_53_18_Pro_zpsuz0qltb8.jpg

https://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg630/haroman6661/WP_20170529_19_53_36_Pro_zpspezayr01.jpg

https://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg630/haroman6661/WP_20170529_19_53_50_Pro_zpsigrtzs8d.jpg

https://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg630/haroman6661/WP_20170529_19_54_25_Pro_zpsko7oaga0.jpg

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 03 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the DRZ mot'd, passed of course, so swapped out the headlight for a number board (summer mode).

Started taking the 990 to bits to see why the brake light wasn't working, found the wires both snapped at the butt of the bulb holder Rolling Eyes Bit annoying as I can't find any for sale and an R&G tail tidy might not work with my exhausts.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:31 - 03 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found an intermittent wiring fault, replaced the shitty bodge job a previous owner had done with (no fuses, twisted and taped) with decent pair of fuseholders.

Sorted exhaust bodge job (Mine this time) with a proper graphite spacer. I ordered the Mikalor clamps based on the ID not OD... DOH! If the doubled jubilee clips continue to work, they're staying.

Tomorrow - Pads + grips.

SophR so good
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:25 - 04 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

New handlebar and bracket to attach footrest to frame on the R3. Meant I could test it and it still goes in a straight line and doesn't shake so frame isn't fucked yay.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:53 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked on the YBR:

Made progress in learning how to use the Multi-meter, and as a result, have identified the starting issues. Parts on order, So hoping to have that fixed by the end of the week. Next on the list is to sort out the seized front break. Feeling a little more hopeful about that after learning from mistakes on the tracer Smile

Idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mcprocrastina...
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 03:43 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine had a nice good clean, its been so dirty during my commute lately, road works = grime everywhere :"(
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:04 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

replaced the chain and sprockets on the gpz900 and also put a new speedo cable on. getting closer to being MOTd Cool

https://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w188/Sharpe2002/IMAG3783_zpselr6erlz.jpg
screwdriver makes it look better than it was. I could pull it off the sprocket with a bit of effort. I think the old owner used kids play sand mixed with tyre Goop as lubricate. It 1cm thick in places.

https://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w188/Sharpe2002/IMAG3804_zpswxosfxtz.jpg

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old man, didn't do much in the way of maintenance on this bike, it was used purely as a commuter for a 5 mile trip to work... It had then been left to rot for a year unfortunately, but in a bid to learn, we are doing it up and making it all nice again. Second job on the list was sorting the seized brake, took it off today to sort out and found this.
Shocked

So we cleaned it all off, ordered new boots / seals / pads. Should be all good!

https://s20.postimg.org/skj26dm19/IMG_20170605_160101.jpg

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:52 - 06 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put new extension springs in my saddle frame because I snapped them all green laning and was effectively sitting on a steel frame with a piece of horsehair padding, leather and a sheepskin on top of it instead of a series of lovely boingy springs stretched across said frame.

Had a sod of a job sourcing some of the correct length and strength then found exhaust springs for 'spanny slip joints fit very well.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:04 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold the ZX6.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:15 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

baffle in - mot today Confused

Jiving Joe
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:03 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old worn discs

https://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af85/Jiving_Joe1990/ZX6R%20Brembo%20Discs/IMAG1184.jpg

New Discs

https://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af85/Jiving_Joe1990/ZX6R%20Brembo%20Discs/IMAG1192.jpg

plus new pads Thumbs Up

just need to bleed them up still spongy Mad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 295 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 259, 260, 261 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 260 of 409