Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Why do people vote Tory?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:31 - 06 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Huh, I've just noticed that Borglets #1 and #2 are both in that narrow 10-14 bracket near the bottom. You're welcome. What were the rest of you doing for your country around 2002? Razz

Partying like it was 1999?

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 06 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

I try to offer a bit of charity to most but I agree with the general consensus that she is not fit for the job. She couldn't lie her way out of a paper bag.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:30 - 07 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Huh, I've just noticed that Borglets #1 and #2 are both in that narrow 10-14 bracket near the bottom. You're welcome. What were the rest of you doing for your country around 2002? Razz

We were praising the good Lord that ours were old enough to spend the weekdays in the State indoctrination program and could take care of wiping their own backsides. Thumbs Up

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:56 - 07 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Two posts of stuff

That I entirely agree with. Will be interesting to see how many of us bother to vote this time.

The key to a win for any of the parties will be the previously silent masses.

As much as i cannot stand May, I do not want Labour. Those of you with parents of a certain age might do well to consider what Labour will want to take off you when you inevitably inherit.

thepuma
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:14 - 07 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason people will vote Tory is Diane Abbott.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:05 - 07 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
Two posts of stuff

That I entirely agree with. Will be interesting to see how many of us bother to vote this time.

The key to a win for any of the parties will be the previously silent masses.

As much as i cannot stand May, I do not want Labour. Those of you with parents of a certain age might do well to consider what Labour will want to take off you when you inevitably inherit.

Inheritence is a privilege, not an entitlement.

Those 8th Earls of Sandwich and the like sitting on their multi-million pound estates they've done nothing to earn should remember that.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:39 - 07 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thing that is making me vote Tory this time is that we're not out of Europe yet.

I don't trust Labour to actually deliver on this, they've left far too many possible Brentrances open. Corbyn in particular does not personally want to come out and the scariest thing about that man is he genuinely intends to do the things he says he will.

I voted Tory last time primarily so I could have a Brexit vote, I got it, I got the result I wanted. It needs following through.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:42 - 07 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
The other thing that is making me vote Tory this time is that we're not out of Europe yet.

I don't trust Labour to actually deliver on this, they've left far too many possible Brentrances open. Corbyn in particular does not personally want to come out and the scariest thing about that man is he genuinely intends to do the things he says he will.

I voted Tory last time primarily so I could have a Brexit vote, I got it, I got the result I wanted. It needs following through.

Remind me of Ms May's stance?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:16 - 07 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

Inheritence is a privilege, not an entitlement.

Those 8th Earls of Sandwich and the like sitting on their multi-million pound estates they've done nothing to earn should remember that.

Passing on your possessions to your offspring is a privilege?

Because on your death, the government should take it all to redistribute to those too lazy to work for a living?
Rolling Eyes

Your views are nearer to the Communist Party than the Corbyn and Abbot comedy roadshow.

We caught another one Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:29 - 07 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

And we won't be without revoking the 1972 ECA.

Whether that ever happens is down to individual MPs. Voting "Tory" isn't good enough, if you get a Remoaner like my local greasy-pole-climber and the many others that Tory HQ have enforced on constituencies in a shocking end-run around local democracy.

"Emergency rules", for an election that they chose to call? Shenanigans, says I. We're being set up for a Brexit-in-name-only, regardless of who wins on Thursday.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:59 - 07 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I would have said that it was utterly irrelevant what I voted in my current constituancy as it's "safe" labour.

...But so was the neighbouring constituency of Copeland. The utterly bewildered looking new "parachute" Tory MP of which is only just getting over the shock of actually being elected when she was only there because they contest every seat.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:08 - 07 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

Remind me of Ms May's stance?

Well, currently it's as hardline on Europe as anyone is, despite her previous remain credentials. That may not be her personal oppinion but I think she's more likely to deliver at least some form of exit. I still don't think it's definate and wont until it actually happens but it's most likely. There is a large proportion of the Tory party who are staunchly anti-Europe and they will hold her to account.

Voting UKIP is only going to split the Tory vote. To my mind, if they are serious about consolidating Brexit, they should stop campaigning

It is my belief that Corbyn fully intends to do some token negotiating, present a half-arsed final bill at the end of the process for a parliamentary vote which will be voted down then used as an excuse to give up on the whole idea. Just like the Lib Dems do but they're being more honest about it.

el_oso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:44 - 11 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Arrow Taxes robbed from you > benefits scrounged = vote Tory.
Arrow Taxes robbed from you > benefits scrounged + you like democracy or hate darkies = vote UKIP.
Arrow Benefits scrounged > taxes robbed from you = vote Labour.
Arrow Benefits scrounged > taxes robbed from you + you hate the English = vote SNP / Plaid Cymru.
Arrow Living off the Bank of Dadsy / Mumsy / hubby / wifey[*] = vote LibDem / Green / Yogic Bouncing Party.

I hope that clears it up

[*] lol jk

I'm one of those asterisks. Shocked Embarassed

We're not actually married either, cohabiting is the correct term. Convinced her to vote lib dem too.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 11 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Indy, and got a couple more to do so too, which meant he retained his dipper. Winners all round methinks Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:09 - 11 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

el_oso wrote:
We're not actually married either, cohabiting is the correct term. Convinced her to vote lib dem too.

In which of your deceased parents' houses are you living?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 311 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7