Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Rode a 16 plate gsxr today now looking at another bike!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

MartZ0r
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:24 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Rode a 16 plate gsxr today now looking at another bike! Reply with quote

So today i went out for a spin on a standard 2016 gsxr, first time i have even sat on one yet alone ride on one. All i can say is how comfortable it was, for a sports bike. Even low speed riding it wasnt too choppy.

I currently have a 2004 aprilia rsv. I forgot how uncomfortable the rsv is compared to my r1 i had, i thought the gsxr was going to be worse for some reason. Rsv i feel really high up, knees/hips really tight and really bent over. Now heres the issue.

I cant afford a gsxr1000 of that year. Also i really love honda bikes as iv had loads of road bikes so i wondered how the cbr1000rr 05 model sits against a gsxr? Honestly? Im shooting for reliability and street comfort as i dont track.

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:17 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best thing would be to test ride it, I dont know too much about the 1000's but, it all depends on how you want the bike to feel and how you want to be positioned on the bike. Im sure some more experienced riders will tell you.

Analogkid
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:36 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: Rode a 16 plate gsxr today now looking at another bike! Reply with quote

MartZ0r wrote:
So today i went out for a spin on a standard 2016 gsxr, first time i have even sat on one yet alone ride on one. All i can say is how comfortable it was, for a sports bike. Even low speed riding it wasnt too choppy.

I currently have a 2004 aprilia rsv. I forgot how uncomfortable the rsv is compared to my r1 i had, i thought the gsxr was going to be worse for some reason. Rsv i feel really high up, knees/hips really tight and really bent over. Now heres the issue.

I cant afford a gsxr1000 of that year. Also i really love honda bikes as iv had loads of road bikes so i wondered how the cbr1000rr 05 model sits against a gsxr? Honestly? Im shooting for reliability and street comfort as i dont track.

I found the Blade pretty weird feet where too far back, would have felt very cramped, but like you I found the GSXR very comfortable for a sportbike, why not get an older one within budget?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:31 - 06 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you limiting your choices to Race Ready bikes for street use?

The question you seem to be asking is: which sports bike is least like a sports bike?

MartZ0r
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:30 - 06 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like most the touring setups. What im saying is, im not looking to move away just looking for the most comfort stance of the range out there. My rsv is like sitting on a ducati and the gsxr felt like an arm chair and way more stable. I just wanted to see where the cbr stood out in it.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:42 - 06 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartZ0r wrote:
I dont like most the touring setups. What im saying is, im not looking to move away just looking for the most comfort stance of the range out there. My rsv is like sitting on a ducati and the gsxr felt like an arm chair and way more stable. I just wanted to see where the cbr stood out in it.

What about something in between race bike and tourer? A Tuono for instance, or something similar.

MartZ0r
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:17 - 06 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, il be honest i dont think il go back down the aprilia route iv spent more time fixing mine than enjoying it. They are not all bad but still.

I love riding on the twistys so i still want something fun. Best i can do is go and see some then.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 06 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you liked the GSXR 1000 have you looked at a K5/K6. Many consider to be the best GSXR 1000 till the current 2017.

ws4936
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:45 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pick up a K2 cheap enough and just as comftable.

MartZ0r
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:59 - 14 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

right guys, im going to superbike factory the weekend to take a look, before i go i want to run a few things past you guys.

im going to look at a ninja 636, and a z1000 naked as well as what else catchs the eye!!. two different bikes altogether but i really want to stick to a sports if i can. read up a bit on the 636, thinking i can probably use this all weather as you can throw it around a little more compared to a V2 1000cc, so i am really thinking of dropping the capacity.

main issues with RSV

engine breaking of a v2 1k is horrid in wet
crazy heavy clutch even with mods compared to japs causing wrist pain on clutch hand.

mirrors are worst i have ever seen on a sports..

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 15 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally can't see someone liking V-twin 1000's if they are a 4cyl man and vice versa. I also thought that the huge engine braking of big twins was one of the characteristics that people that have them like best?

Oh and if a GSXR 1000 is even nearly as big and roomy as a late ZX9R I doubt you'll get a more comfortable least cramped and extreme 1000. They are all tiny bikes these days. A new blade looks smaller than a 2005 CBR600RR for example.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MartZ0r
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:17 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. Its a joy to ride! Torque makes loads of fun when i go on the hills. Its just a pain in the wet when you need to slow down. The twins negative sides show then.

I hear you on the size of the bikes now. Hard to tell a bike by its size like you would 5 years ago. Id go for an older anyway. 04-5 years

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet the next VFR800 will be really small compared to my old J-series ZX6R. Those things looks like a bus compared to a modern litre bike. I liked having a roomy 600, and can't see me liking the compact cramped bikes of today, or I'm just too old?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Why are you limiting your choices to Race Ready bikes for street use?

The question you seem to be asking is: which sports bike is least like a sports bike?

because people tend to know what works for them ..

and to answer your last .. ZZR1400 with bar risers would fit that description ... along with others I`m sure.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 309 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1