Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

parking ticket, Conwy seafront.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 18 Jun 2017    Post subject: parking ticket, Conwy seafront. Reply with quote

Bit of a winge, but more of a heads up. Parked the bikes where we have for twenty years or more, on the little prom by the smallest house in England. Went for fish and chips came back to find our three and three more behind all ticketed.
The parking restriction sign is about 15 - 20 ft up a lamp post, way out of eye line as you come onto the prom. No other markings, obviously, or we would have moved on.
Going to give them a ring tomorrow, but it looks as though the sheep shaggers are jumping on the cash register bandwagon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:02 - 18 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: parking ticket, Conwy seafront. Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
Parked the bikes where we have for twenty years or more, on the little prom by the smallest house in England.

Have we invaded again? Can we build more castles?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:07 - 18 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: parking ticket, Conwy seafront. Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
the smallest house in England.

You mean this sign, clearly displayed at eye height, right opposite the smallest house in "England"?

Shocked Tut Tut It's the least you deserve, you colonising imperialist shitlord.

Been on to PePiPoo yet?

Co-incidentally enough, I was making up a number plate cover today for situations just such as this.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 18 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd that one of those yellow plates says pedestrian zone but the others say restricted zone??

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 18 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure those signs are not there now. The ones I could see were on the first lampost as you come through the gateway in the walls, a flat white plate facing inland and a sign 15ft up facing the gateway. Might be my bad, probably is, but we parked their just three week ago with no hassle. It does back up my submission that I'm not going ga- ga that three others parked behind us, one directly under that first lamp post. As you say, maybe time to tape up the plates if I dare to park up and and contribute to the local business' profits.
BTW. That view was obviously taken during Wales more inclement months. With the sun blazing, the seafront crowded and some extraordinarily fit ladies displaying their attributes, I wasn't particularly looking at the lamposts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 18 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: parking ticket, Conwy seafront. Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Co-incidentally enough, I was making up a number plate cover today for situations just such as this.

Drawstring bag, if they try to remove it Jackie Chan the potential bike thief.

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:36 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly Traffic Wardens here do walk around like the Gestappo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:30 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signage around there seems a right mess. Come down that hill, between the two towers, then they tell you no vehicles between 10am and 6pm. If it's between 10am and 6pm you're stuffed. I suppose you could argue that you weren't going to drvie into the sea between the hours of 10am and 6pm anyway.

Also seems odd to place a No waiting sign next to a car park...

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:05 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Signage around there seems a right mess. Come down that hill, between the two towers, then they tell you no vehicles between 10am and 6pm. If it's between 10am and 6pm you're stuffed. I suppose you could argue that you weren't going to drvie into the sea between the hours of 10am and 6pm anyway.

Also seems odd to place a No waiting sign next to a car park...

If you're talking about the car park within the walls the road next to it that leads to the vistor centre is very narrow & it's the road that the buses use.

Avoid Conwy altogether if they have any sort of event on, like the upcoming Celtic fair or the pirate thing they did the other weekend as the parking wardens are on the prowl.

I very rarely go into Conwy as it's always busy, i go through it to get to Sychnant pass.

The999Kid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowdonia Rider wrote:
Sadly Traffic Wardens here do walk around like the Gestappo.

I give you Parking Pataweyo
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter

ferrisio
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:13 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: parking ticket, Conwy seafront. Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Drawstring bag, if they try to remove it Jackie Chan the potential bike thief.

Anyone know of any 'friends' that do this regularly. Any crimes actually being committed if covering it up whilst it is off the road?

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: parking ticket, Conwy seafront. Reply with quote

ferrisio wrote:
Anyone know of any 'friends' that do this regularly. Any crimes actually being committed if covering it up whilst it is off the road?

Surely if crimes were being committed, everyone who uses a bike cover would be a crim.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: parking ticket, Conwy seafront. Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
jjdugen wrote:
the smallest house in England.

You mean this sign, clearly displayed at eye height, right opposite the smallest house in "England"?

Shocked Tut Tut It's the least you deserve, you colonising imperialist shitlord..

Oi. Dwarves have feelings too. No need for the insults!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:40 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: parking ticket, Conwy seafront. Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:
ferrisio wrote:

Surely if crimes were being committed, everyone who uses a bike cover would be a crim.

I've noticed bikes covers with number plate peep holes. I assumed they were complying with some regulation, otherwise it seems a bit daft. Never been told I'm committing an offence, even when arguing with a traffic warden about covering my plate.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 311 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1