Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

boot sizing/breaking in...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

ocatoro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:39 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: boot sizing/breaking in... Reply with quote

I'm becoming a pain as I replace a load of my gear and spam the questions out...

anyway. got some new boots. I did what all the reviews said, and went up a size...

they arrived today and I can barely get my foot in!

once in, the boot is the right size, little bit of wiggle for me toes... width ok, comfortable by all accounts. but getting my feet in them was an absolute pig of a wrestle, and doing the zips up was also a nightmare...

is this something that eases up? I know I'm meant to walk about in them to break them in which will ease them for gear changes and what not..

not sure if I should just immediately buy a bigger boot as sending these back after jumping about the house/garden/village in them might be problematic...

*theyre Richa Monzas if anyone has experience of them in particular or it's a Richa trait...

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Richa boots were quite tight when I got them, to the point where they were perhaps a bit too tight, they eased up fairly quickly and then leaked so were sent back for replacement.

Their replacements were the same size and same model of boot but a comfortable fit from the start.

I think Richa have quite a wide tolerance of acceptability when it comes to being the correct size

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:08 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current Held boots were a struggle to get on the first couple of times. Once my feet were actually in them, they were perfectly comfortable, and now after I've worn them a number of times they are dead easy to get on and off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:12 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not strictly bike boots but when I finally replaced my army boots after 6 years of constant wear, I was amazed by how tight the new (well, issued) boots were to get my feet into, especially with winter socks. It's taken months to stretch them out - and as I type this I've just remembered I've got a shoe former kicking around somewhere in the porch. Doh!

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:36 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got new Sidi boots by mail order and they really felt too tight but I'd read some reviews prior to buying and they said they would ease off. They have and they're now a nice fit. Still squeak though Very Happy

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enduro Numpty wrote:
I recently got new Sidi boots by mail order and they really felt too tight but I'd read some reviews prior to buying and they said they would ease off. They have and they're now a nice fit. Still squeak though Very Happy

I used to have Sidi Black Rain which were tight across the instep. They didn't ease off. I think Sidi later made a wider version, but by then, they were too expensive Rolling Eyes

Alpinestars Web GTX were comfortable from the off and seem to be lasting well.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ocatoro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that dudes.. as they fit nicely once on, I think I'll bear with them...
Thumbs Up

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wear them and they'll soon easy off.
Alternatively get some boot stretchers https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hot-selling-1-Pair-Knee-Length-Boot-Shaper-Shoe-Stretcher-Trees-33cm-newest-I1V6/232370443789

Doink
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:36 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always go into a shop and try clothing on before I buy it, not worth ordering on line and chancing it as it never fits properly.

DJP
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 08:06 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doink wrote:
I always go into a shop and try clothing on before I buy it, not worth ordering on line and chancing it as it never fits properly.

That^^.

With most shoes I take size 9 but I've just bought new bike boots and ended up with size 11!

I tried on loads of pairs and every manufacturer's sizing is different. I tried 9s, 10s & 11s that all fit the same.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 283 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1