Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Towering Inferno

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:42 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was a local council, I'd look at this and decide to sell off all my risky council homes ASAP.

Sod the lefty moaning, they'll soon be on another soap box. The sooner they are someone else's problem the better.

A tower block with 500 tenants? Here you are Mr. Slum Landlord who lives in an un extraditable country, have it for a nominal fee. Thumbs Up

Phew chaps, got out of that one before someone thinks to torch it hoping to get nice shiny new flats.

Oh, and wouldn't Maggie be proud of the upward mobility of the council tenants. From a Hi rise slum to Hi rise luxury, thats capitalism for you.............................Isn't it?

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:19 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

And hopefully (trolololol) when they can't prove that they were, or in fact that they can't prove they're here legally, they'll be booted out?

Nope

The Gubberment wrote:

No immigration checks will be made on grenfell survivors

See the borgs statement on the suspicions of the home office as to the unaccounted residents
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:44 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
No, you've missed the point. If corpses are laying in the ashes or on the slab they're not officially reportable as deaths until they've been processed. Just because firemen counted more bodies doesn't mean the authorities are hiding the true death toll. It will keep mounting. Let's not go all 'conspiracy theory' over it.

I don't think I have. When there's a train crash etc. they're quick to estimate deaths, are you telling me they've all been processed? It was only when the media started reporting what fireman/residents were saying that they (quickly) revised their figures.

Polarbear wrote:

Oh, and wouldn't Maggie be proud of the upward mobility of the council tenants. From a Hi rise slum to Hi rise luxury, thats capitalism for you.............................Isn't it?

Those flats would have gone to someone on the social housing ladder, all they've done's say right this ones (I believe it's two blocks) for Grenfell residents. The alternative would have been being re-homed in Harlow or remaining in expensive temporary accommodation.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:
grr666 wrote:
My money is on weed farm and hotwired electrics.

I'll go for a Beko product being involved.

Hotpoint.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:27 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
Dave70 wrote:
I'll go for a Beko product being involved.

Hotpoint.

Beko have claimed that their explode-o-fridges are under-represented in fires relative to their sales, there's just a lot of them out there.

Given the way Hotpoint (i.e. Whirlpool) handled their explode-o-dryer debacle, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Say, has anyone tin-foil-hatted the suggestion that the block might "Grenfell down" before they get anywhere near having to reveal the final body count? Dibs on that one.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:43 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still at 79, 9 formally identified apparently Confused Bit more info' coming out: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40366646 tl;dr other dangerous tower blocks found, looks like Lenny Henry did a bodge job at Premier Inn.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:04 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police are muttering something about manslaughter and seizing documents.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:10 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Police are muttering something about manslaughter and seizing documents.

I wonder if the builders have fled to a secrecy jurisdiction yet.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are giving residents free hotel rooms and airbeds in a community hall.

We all know who is getting the air bed, and who is getting the hotel room, don't we? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:40 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like f**k would I evacuate my place to sleep in a sports centre Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:00 - 24 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
M.C wrote:

"Your place" ?! You have a mortgage?

"Your Mum's place" is state owned. Sorry to piss on your bonfire, but we all own it. (Well apart from the non tax payers like Percy Pan).

Technically, depending when the agreement was signed, it's their home for life.

Stop being so butthurt because he lives in a nicer house than you.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:23 - 24 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islamic residents will no doubt get a 5 star hotel. Possibly a villa?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 01:27 - 24 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's their home for life.

Can the right privilege of occupancy be inherited by working adult "children"?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 24 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
M.C wrote:

"Your place" ?! You have a mortgage?

"Your Mum's place" is state owned. Sorry to piss on your bonfire, but we all own it. (Well apart from the non tax payers like Percy Pan).

Still doesn't mean you can tell people to GTFO, some were ignoring the offer of a lovely sports centre floor and staying put.
Rogerborg wrote:
it's their home for life.

Can the right privilege of occupancy be inherited by working adult "children"?

I know a couple of people who have had their parents die, one of my pals was allowed to stay but they were very keen for him to pay for the empty room his mum died in Neutral

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:48 - 25 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every cladded block tested so far has failed the Towering Inferno test. Every one. u​r al gunna dye.

Meanwhile in Soviet Scotchland, cladding put on buildings since 2005 - or added to them since then - is required to be made of fire-proof material.

That'll come as reassuring news to the residents of the "medium rise" block that I can see out of the office window which is currently being re-clad in polystyrene. Neutral

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:32 - 01 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadiq Khan throws Kensington and Chelsea Council under the bus his dad used to drive.

I mean, I know people voted for them and that, but muh political appointees.

Doesn't take much scratching to find the anti-democratic layer.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:49 - 01 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had they handled the situation with a modicum of competence and compassion there wouldn't be a problem. It's nice someone was charged rent on their burnt out shell of a home.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:31 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the new 'We won't prosecute' has come saying the powers that be won't do anything about illegal sub letting.

They say it is so that they can actually find out who was living in the council flats as it wasn't actually the named tenants in many cases Laughing

Surely the people who sub let won't be living there so there is no reason not to prosecute once they have the evidence.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:18 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I see the new 'We won't prosecute' has come saying the powers that be won't do anything about illegal sub letting.

They say it is so that they can actually find out who was living in the council flats as it wasn't actually the named tenants in many cases Laughing

Surely the people who sub let won't be living there so there is no reason not to prosecute once they have the evidence.

I do hope so. Slum landlords are a major bugbear of mine.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
They are giving residents free hotel rooms and airbeds in a community hall.

We all know who is getting the air bed, and who is getting the hotel room, don't we? Wink

.. and still charging rent on their old place.

thepuma
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:17 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me smile the people being rehomed - never worked a day in their lives, never contributed to society, got everything in their lives for nothing....yet they want to pick where they are moved to?..... things like "I ain't moving just anywhere "..and " I want to be close to my mates" etc makes me sick....

Maybe if you did what we've all had to do our lives and make an effort, graft, learn a skill and get a job doing 40+ hours a week...then maybe you can choose EXACTLY where you want to live as you can either get a mortgage or pay rent like the rest of us.

Absolutely disgusts me the society we have created where people expect everything for nothing and want everything that working people have got but without lifting a finger.

I'm sorry...but if you're getting a 2, 3 , 400+k property for nothing then I'm afraid you have to take whats being offered.

toby1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:10 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What with the charity record and the new flat re housing scheme..............they will all be true millionaires living the millionaires lifestyle. Rolling Eyes
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:33 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepuma wrote:
Makes me smile the people being rehomed - never worked a day in their lives, never contributed to society, got everything in their lives for nothing....yet they want to pick where they are moved to?..... things like "I ain't moving just anywhere "..and " I want to be close to my mates" etc makes me sick....

Maybe if you did what we've all had to do our lives and make an effort, graft, learn a skill and get a job doing 40+ hours a week...then maybe you can choose EXACTLY where you want to live as you can either get a mortgage or pay rent like the rest of us.

Absolutely disgusts me the society we have created where people expect everything for nothing and want everything that working people have got but without lifting a finger.

I'm sorry...but if you're getting a 2, 3 , 400+k property for nothing then I'm afraid you have to take whats being offered.

Going to blow your mind here, but some people on council estates do work (yes even in Grenfell) Rolling Eyes I find it amazing how council housing has such a stigma to it, before maggie sold it all off 'ordinary' people used to live in them, now with the little that's left being reserved for the poorest it's fair game to call them whatever, even celebrate their fiery deaths.

The fact house prices have exploded in London over the last 20 years has nothing to do with people in social housing, too right they should be pissed off with being re-homed miles away from jobs, schools, friends and family.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 299 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 9 of 37