Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV Show Box Sets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:22 - 16 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
What series are you on?

S2 E9. It's all right, I just keep thinking of ways they could have increased the impact of scenes.

Also, I'm not invested in any of the characters. The only one that was remotely interesting, the writers decided to have go nuts over the course of about 20 minutes, for no reason at all that I could see other than to drive the story. That's piss poor writing.

And because I'm all racist and that, I could really do without the Meh-hee-can relocation.

CaNsA wrote:
No love for House Of Cards?

Too unrealistic, I prefer shows grounded in reality.

spnorm
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 07:43 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Not hate it, no. It's just that it's about 2/3rds the intensity of Walking Dead. Smaller budget, smaller sets, smaller idea, and less confidence in their material and cast as evidenced by the constant and slightly overblown score. They don't use silence for effect.

It's like the ADHD version of Walking Dead, with added "teen" angst. I'm going to stick with it now that I've put my tip in, I just wouldn't recommend pulling out of something that you're already enjoying.

What series are you on? The 3rd seems to be bigger budget, my beef with it is that they keep killing off the good characters and keeping the annoying ones alive, with a few rather obvious exceptions*. What I will say is if you're going to watch it you have to get past the first series, shit only really hits the fan at the end of it (when the outbreak properly starts).

*if you don't see them ripped apart by zombies, no matter how improbable, they've probably survived Confused

I thought the first season was OK, but I'm really enjoying season 2 on Amazon Prime Thumbs Up It'd be quite interesting if they headed back over the border into Texas, as you'd imagine a relatively sparsely populated area with lots of guns would fare better than the east and west coasts Question

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:40 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it, it seems that they're firmly ensconced in Meh-hee-co. What I am sure of is that whatever happens will be driven by the needs of the plot and (the budget) rather than the characters.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:37 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fargo series 3 has finished, well not for the suckers watching on channel 4 Wink Feel like I need to discuss the ending in a group session.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:59 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Fargo series 3 has finished, well not for the suckers watching on channel 4 Wink Feel like I need to discuss the ending in a group session.
I think the guy comes in and tells her he is free to go.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:13 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
M.C wrote:
I think the guy comes in and tells her he is free to go.

I don't Smile

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:46 - 25 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Gods

Finally all dropped on Amazon, so binge ahoy.

It's got a lot of cocks in it, let's make no mistake about that. Flaccid, erect, Ian McShane (although not Ian McShane's cock, yet).

Quite enjoying it though. Slow, but stylish, quirky but intense, well cast and acted, and made with a lot of skill and care.

And cocks. A sausage factory full of cocks.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 22:16 - 25 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on EP2 of it, will watch another episode tonight... it's a strange one for sure, still not sure what's going on but it's very cinematic and intriguing to watch.

Thumbs Up

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:07 - 25 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
American Gods

Finally all dropped on Amazon, so binge ahoy.

It's got a lot of cocks in it, let's make no mistake about that. Flaccid, erect, Ian McShane (although not Ian McShane's cock, yet).

Quite enjoying it though. Slow, but stylish, quirky but intense, well cast and acted, and made with a lot of skill and care.

And cocks. A sausage factory full of cocks.

Superb. Watched the finale this week. Bonkers and beautiful.

The cock count drops off Shocked as the series progresses and SPOILER ALERT you don't get to see Lovejoy's willy. Or his Tinker Dill Crying or Very sad

Brilliant series and series 2 is coming. Thumbs Up

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:00 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

GLOW (Netflix, 10x30min) 7/10

I never thought I'd watch such tv show, but after the trailer I just went through the whole season. A comedy/drama tv show about women (mostly failed actresses and strange individuals) starting their own wrestling show in 80's, USA. Typical ''from zero to hero'' type of story, decently made, comedy bits were spot on, with some surprising nudity.

Worth the time. Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:53 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
GLOW (Netflix, 10x30min) 7/10

I never thought I'd watch such tv show, but after the trailer I just went through the whole season. A comedy/drama tv show about women (mostly failed actresses and strange individuals) starting their own wrestling show in 80's, USA. Typical ''from zero to hero'' type of story, decently made, comedy bits were spot on, with some surprising nudity.

Worth the time. Thumbs Up

Alison Brie gets her tits out in the first episode Thumbs Up Rest of it seems mildly amusing, I might give it a little longer.

Anyone watching The Mist? Seems like the walking dead but with fog. 3 episodes in, not really feeling it, will probably give it another episode before I bail.

Fear the walking dead (series 3) finale was yesterday. Thought the 2nd part (of the double finale) was a bit meh but overall enjoyed the series.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:02 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

iZombie (season 3)

Yup, still enjoying it. It shuffles a nice line between frothy and murdery. The peachy Rose McIver has a surprisingly decent acting range and gets the chance to exercise a fair bit of it. All of the cast are appealing, the title puns come shtick and fast, and the story goes surprisingly big at the end of the season.

Very hard not to like.

Garfunkel and Oates (2014 single series)

Cuteish, quirkyish 30-ish blonde and brunette chums who do observational comedy and songs about the trials of being cuteish, quirkyish 30-ish blonde and brunette chums who do observational comedy and songs.

Very hard not to like.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:36 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Fear the Walking Dead.

I'm rather conflicted about this.

First, I just love that they cast 50-and-fabulous Kim Dickens as the lead. She's realistically the right age to be a mother to her 20-somethings-playing-teens children, and fiercely MILFy as all get out. This is bold and confident casting in an age group that's long been neglected between Clotho and Atropos.

Shes bloody awful. Im only watching it in the hope she gets offed at the earliest opportunity. Shes so obviously cast in order to play the "strong mom bravely taking control to protect her cubs". Shes an annoying contrived voice of mommy sensibilities in a world of crazyness. Boring. Kill the feminist plant off so we can get on with the crazyness we signed up for when we tuned in to a post zombie apocalypse romp.

As an aside I think Walking Dead massively improved when Ricks ball'n'chain copped it as well.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Alan1986
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 01:12 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Shes bloody awful. Im only watching it in the hope she gets offed at the earliest opportunity.

When ever I watch it I just see the old woman saggy neck and shitty acting, only really watch it as the Mrs likes it, use to like the walking dead which is dragging on, fear the walking dead I was dreading also, but watched it with the Mrs and the 3rd series was alright, my main reason for thinking that is because the writers made the smart decision to give the viewer a decent mid season finale instead of some: who is gonna get hit by a baseball bat 6 month bull shit wait...... I have so gone off the walking dead shit

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:45 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's no Melissa McBride, that's for sure. I'm only approving of the age range, not the character or the performance.

Anyway:

Better Call Saul season 3

Usually I get well into a season before I'll mention it, but 2 episodes in and merciful allah, this is slow going. Minimal dialog, far too many drawn out scenes. Yes, beautifully shot and well acted, but I'd like some more meat on the lovely bones.

AngelGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:56 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently a few episodes into season 2 of Preacher, and it's looking promising, and a lot better than the first season, some pretty funny scenes....loved the drug party in the hotel room.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:27 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balls to watching it once-a-week though. Up with this I will not put. Hand

Oh, Better Call Saul has picked up. Michael McKean just knocks it out of the park. Dammit, I'm hooked again.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
She's no Melissa McBride, that's for sure. I'm only approving of the age range, not the character or the performance.

They would do better to have her replaced with Babs Windsor playing some trailer trash.

More seriously Julie Benz makes a much better choice for the role.

I like watching once a week. It gives you something to look forward to.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:56 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan1986 wrote:
[...... I have so gone off the walking dead shit

I know what you mean. I think the producers know this as well. I read somewhere they're thinking that if TWD is to keep going then maybe the whole thing has to move forward and away from the running from zombies survivalist stuff. The speculation was that TWD could move to a whole generation ahead and focus on the rebuilding of a world post apocalypse and leave the zombies to rot. Personally I think they should have done that instead of Fear TWD.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:09 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a new serieses to watch too:

Street outlaws.

It's one of many likes on Quest channel and I've heard it described as the worst show on tv and total utter trash. Guess it's right up my street then. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Seriously.....

I am disappoint.

Watched latest series, had to rewind and watch the last episode again. So good, so very very good.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:20 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Fear the Walking Dead.

I'm rather conflicted about this.

First, I just love that they cast 50-and-fabulous Kim Dickens as the lead. She's realistically the right age to be a mother to her 20-somethings-playing-teens children, and fiercely MILFy as all get out. This is bold and confident casting in an age group that's long been neglected between Clotho and Atropos.

Shes bloody awful. Im only watching it in the hope she gets offed at the earliest opportunity. Shes so obviously cast in order to play the "strong mom bravely taking control to protect her cubs". Shes an annoying contrived voice of mommy sensibilities in a world of crazyness. Boring. Kill the feminist plant off so we can get on with the crazyness we signed up for when we tuned in to a post zombie apocalypse romp.

As an aside I think Walking Dead massively improved when Ricks ball'n'chain copped it as well.

Her and the son. They have a habit of offing the good characters (and by good I mean demented shitbags), but they do bring some of them back.

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Alan1986 wrote:
[...... I have so gone off the walking dead shit

I know what you mean. I think the producers know this as well. I read somewhere they're thinking that if TWD is to keep going then maybe the whole thing has to move forward and away from the running from zombies survivalist stuff. The speculation was that TWD could move to a whole generation ahead and focus on the rebuilding of a world post apocalypse and leave the zombies to rot. Personally I think they should have done that instead of Fear TWD.

With the main walking dead they seem to make it as shit as they can get away with (series 2 being a prime example). They tend to have 3/4 episodes of nothing happening, then when you're ready to give up on it they have an exciting episode.

FTWD's strange, it started out as a low budget prequel, but now just seems to be another Walking dead.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Alison Brie gets her tits out in the first episode Thumbs Up Rest of it seems mildly amusing, I might give it a little longer.

Anyone watching The Mist? Seems like the walking dead but with fog. 3 episodes in, not really feeling it, will probably give it another episode before I bail.

Finished GLOW, it was only the moustache guy that kept me watching, he's a brilliant character with some genuine LOL moments. The rest of it was a bit meh, actually found a lot of the other characters annoying.

Still don't know about The Mist, I'll give it one more one more episode Smile V.little has happened and they're nearly halfway through the series.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:10 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:

OK, I dipped in and it was just West Wing meets MacBeth. What can they do with tha- [50 minutes pass]

https://i.imgur.com/DgtoJiz.gif

Robin Wright and her whole equal pay crusade: yes. Just yes.

Granted, at this point it's pure nostalgia for ye olde tyme when US Presidents gave the time of day to the legacy media's Fake News. One to be savoured while it's still the stuff of living memory.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 250 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 12 of 61