Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

F1: Vettel Rams Hamilton?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: F1: Vettel Rams Hamilton? Reply with quote

Anyone watch or a fan of F1?

If so, anyone watch the last race?

Interesting talking point from the race:

Does Lewis Brake Check Vettel?

Thoughts on Vettel seemingly ramming Lewis?

Plus Lewis basically losing the race due to another malfunction.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:10 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewards concluded Lewis didn't brake. He just didn't accelerate, nor was he under any obligation to.

Vettel was just being a child. At the time he thought he'd fucked his car up more than he had, and raged. You could tell in his interview after the race that he knew he'd been a dick.

Lewis came across as mad (bro) but he must have been delighted that Seb snapped and got his 10 second penalty. Would have been much worse for Lewis if he hadn't.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

angryjonny wrote:
You could tell in his interview after the race that he knew he'd been a dick.

Yeah, he was being hypocritical. Saying we are men and this is sport etc to try and justify his action of driving his car into another on purpose, then condoned the idea that Lewis MAY have break checked. Which he didn't.

Lol's to Lewis kinda calling him out. 5 ponds on Lewis winning fisty cuffs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bloggsy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:52 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could Vettel be a student of the Michael Schumacher School of driving, that was the sort of thing Schuey would have done.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 16:09 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloggsy wrote:
Could Vettel be a student of the Michael Schumacher School of driving, that was the sort of thing Schuey would have done.

As much as I despised him at the time, at least Schuey did a proper job.

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vettel has history with that sort of thing under safety car, over the years i'v noticed on quite a few occasions him nearly going into the back of someone, think he just expects people do be doing the same prep as him, at the same time Rolling Eyes

He is one of the worst at the spoiled child bit on the grid, when everything is going good he's funny and charming, every other time he just acts like a cunt and blames everybody else for his misfortunes, pretty sure he was instrumental in kvyat getting bumped back down to torro rosso for mostly doing exactly the same thing he would do in the same situation.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:11 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:
Vettel has history with that sort of thing under safety car, over the years i'v noticed on quite a few occasions him nearly going into the back of someone, think he just expects people do be doing the same prep as him, at the same time Rolling Eyes

Yup, smashed Webber out in 2008 I think, then binned it into a trackside marker board in 2012? He's not the most attentive.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

base
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 07:06 - 27 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
I think Vettel should have been black flagged for that.

I agree, whilst the speeds weren't high, I think charlie whiting and his gang, should of sent a strong message that turning into someone on purpose is not part of the sport. ok a bit of paint work rubbing in touring are is acceptable but on open wheel racing, receipe for disaster, maybe if the tracks where more like TT/Irish road races ie dangerious these "sportsmen / Celebs?!?" might have a better regard for their competitors. he acted like a petulant child.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:22 - 27 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

base wrote:
ZX-7R wrote:
I think Vettel should have been black flagged for that.

I agree, whilst the speeds weren't high, I think charlie whiting and his gang, should of sent a strong message that turning into someone on purpose is not part of the sport. ok a bit of paint work rubbing in touring are is acceptable but on open wheel racing, receipe for disaster, maybe if the tracks where more like TT/Irish road races ie dangerious these "sportsmen / Celebs?!?" might have a better regard for their competitors. he acted like a petulant child.

But he drives a Ferrari, and everyone knows Ferrari get special treatment as the whole of F1 revolves around them..................... *apparetnly

*Or at least that was Bernie Ecclescake's opinion of them

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:53 - 27 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, whilst the speeds weren't high, I think charlie whiting and his gang, should of sent a strong message that turning into someone on purpose is not part of the sport. ok a bit of paint work rubbing in touring are is acceptable but on open wheel racing, recipe for disaster, maybe if the tracks where more like TT/Irish road races ie dangerous these "sportsmen / Celebs?!?" might have a better regard for their competitors. he acted like a petulant child.[/quote]

But he drives a Ferrari, and everyone knows Ferrari get special treatment as the whole of F1 revolves around them..................... *apparently

*Or at least that was Bernie Ecclescake's opinion of them[/quote]

What a 100 million more then anyone else a season isnt the norm lol

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 27 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time i saw that was maldonado some years ago at monaco, it was either practice or quali, if memory serves he just got a slap on the wrist which baffled me at the time.

At least he's finally gone, hands down the worst driver one the grid, just need to get rid of grosjean now.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:35 - 27 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:
Last time i saw that was maldonado some years ago at monaco, it was either practice or quali, if memory serves he just got a slap on the wrist which baffled me at the time.

At least he's finally gone, hands down the worst driver one the grid, just need to get rid of grosjean now.

10 place grid drop (Monaco practice) https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xr4ei0_pastor-maldonado-drives-into-sergio-perez-2012-monaco-gp-fp3_auto He then damaged his car and crashed Smile

Vettel was keen not to get left behind in the restart (like the earlier one), he obviously shouldn't have reacted like that, but Hamilton does have previous of driving in an lets say unorthodox manner behind the safety car. The Fuji incident Webber also blamed Hamilton for.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:43 - 27 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
Still think the best falling out was in 1986 in Mexico when Mansell and Piquet were team mates at Williams and did not get on.

Piquet,upon hearing that Mansell had the shits,hid the bog roll in their garage. Laughing

They were men fighting, these days it's just spoilt children having a tantrum.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 298 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1