North Korea gonna North Korea...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:05 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I think its a given that once a country reaches a certain level of economic and/or technical level then it will develope nukes or at the very least the delivery capabiltity.

Nonsense

Other than us and France no other European Country has them. Are we economically/technically that much better than the likes of Germany, Italy or much of Scandinavia? Outside of Europe Canada and Japan spring to mind.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:15 - 15 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

Other than us and France no other European Country has them. Are we economically/technically that much better than the likes of Germany, Italy or much of Scandinavia? Outside of Europe Canada and Japan spring to mind.

Japan and Germany are not allowed to play with matches or have the pointy scissors without a grown up present. Because WW2.

The Wobbly Orange
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:54 - 17 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, if we are to ever see a nuclear free world we must restrict weapons to only those who already have them, libertarian politics be damned. I care nothing for a countries "right" to have what we have. Nuclear arms are just too destructive.

We should keep them only for as long as possible to ensure multilateral disarmament and take any and all measures required to prevent any other country from increasing its stock.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:48 - 18 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wobbly Orange wrote:
Indeed, if we are to ever see a nuclear free world we must restrict weapons to only those who already have them, libertarian politics be damned. I care nothing for a countries "right" to have what we have. Nuclear arms are just too destructive.

We should keep them only for as long as possible to ensure multilateral disarmament and take any and all measures required to prevent any other country from increasing its stock.

But we can't restrict a country getting nukes, short of bombing them out of existence. India, Pakistan, Israel and North Korea have all developed them since the NPT treaty was signed. (India, Pakistan and Israel were non signees, NK withdrew after signing it.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:17 - 18 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wobbly Orange wrote:
Indeed, if we are to ever see a nuclear free world we must restrict weapons to only those who already have them.

By what method?

The Wobbly Orange
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:04 - 18 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

There lies the difficulty. Trade sanctions, negotiations, airstrikes. That would be a decision for those with access to much more info than us. NPT is a tricky old thing, but to do nothing would be self defeating.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 283 days between these two posts...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:17 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

China-China-China suspends fuel sales to NorKor.

Nuclear armed, with a human powered economy. Interesting times.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:27 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be very interesting, if you can call the annulation of a few million interesting.

I can't see NK submitting quietly unless China is just doing public sabre rattling and has assurances in private.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 293 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2