Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:37 - 09 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spamalittle wrote:
Rogerborg is of course correct.

Roger is winging this one somewhat. He looked into buying a piece of forest land because of reasons, but when he investigated the legalities involved, particularly the access issue (even with Scotch right-to-roam and no intention of developing a permanent structure), he sodded that idea off sharpish.

I'd expect the seller doesn't know how much of a ball ache this is, so it's not like he's trying to scam you. I'd treat it as a "Can you bleedin' believe it, mate? Let's see if we can figure this out." scenario.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:34 - 09 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annnnnd he's just text me

"let me talk to the other buyer and see if I can get more, If not I'll consider your offer Confused

The offer we shook hands on, the offer that he was woefully underpriced on, which has now doubled my fees...rightio Laughing

Rogers reply about title, proof etc was basically sent to him by text. I'm tiring of this and not expecting a reply.

Money saved *new bike thread* Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 09 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easiest thing to do is to each employ a Solicitor or a Conveyancer and let them sort it out as to them it should be a 'bread and butter' job. Your representative will make sure the other bloke actually has the right to sell the land, and will carry out Searches on your behalf, and will clarify any issues such as easements and restrictive covenants. Once clear title is established the transaction can proceed. Regarding the Land Registry plan, if a suitable plan in Land Registry format doesn't exist then having one done is unavoidable. The cost of this can be borne by either side but it is normal practice in England for the Vendor's side to sort this element.

There will be companies up there who prepare this sort of plan and I imagine the Vendor's Solicitor will contact one to prepare it. If they don't however and place the onus on you, I can do you one if it is a 'desktop' (i.e. no survey required) job provided you and the Vendor can agree boundaries and send me the information in a form I can use.

Good luck!

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:07 - 09 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just PMd you Diggs, you just answered my questions again Thumbs Up

One thing bothering me is, if it all goes tits up how much will the solicitor charge. I await his approval of my humble offer.

Another text telling me "Thats what solicitors are for" in response to Rogers query. But assures me they have "All i need" I doubt it, I need a bloody drink now Razz

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:43 - 09 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Your representative will make sure the other bloke actually has the right to sell the land

I wouldn't want to pay a penny of my own money to verify that, or worse, to find out that he doesn't.

It's not like it's a house that's likely to be mortgaged and title deeds held as collateral by a lender; Dead Dad should have been owner outright and have held the deeds. If they're not in Dead Dad's Son's possession after the estate has been dealt with, I'd think it's a coin toss whether title to that plot was ever transferred.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:36 - 09 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts are likewise Roger, but thinking about it...I get him to agree to go the the solicitors to check docs etc. and the parasite would probably charge you for that time Laughing Kerchinggg

Also woud the solicitor even agree to arrange the deal without the documents, he claims theyre lodged with her - Its a her now Shocked they do things quick after all.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:23 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Alls well that ends well, paperwork is in my possession. The solicitor was a bit meh but he did the deal for the price I asked for. Final bill £960 for 2 garages all in.

Expect a ''my garages are fucked, halp'' thread soon, sadly. Mad

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:04 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neato.

Paperwork means title deeds from the Land Registry, including access from a public road?

Just checking. Whistle

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:39 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you mean the disbursements Laughing

I got as far as "hedges will be no more than 36 inches'' -most are 6 foot- and figured its all open to interpretation. Theres a lot of stuff in there and I dont even understand half the words. The deeds are written for a house and most of it isnt relevant. The factor? is/was TSB, Western Heritable. It shows on land register as running straight onto the road, aye. Strangely the other garage deeds feels the need to point out the North/west boundary centre line highlighted in blue Confused

Anyway theyre both fucked and need to come down I reckon. Anyone want a cement mixer btw he left them with added crap Laughing

ride_to_die
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:23 - 30 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you've got this sorted....awaits awesome mancave thread Thumbs Up

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:50 - 30 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome mancave unlikely. I have to sell all my bikes to afford the garages, theyre for renting out unless I try my hand at camper furniture again. I still need to find another £3000 for replacement garages.... 3 mancaves and no bikes gonna hurt bro! Crying or Very sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 272 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2