Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

'Twas but Project Fear, one year later

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:53 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: 'Twas but Project Fear, one year later Reply with quote

We can now say with 100% certainty[1] that absolutely no problem has befallen UK economy, when compared with a similarly sized Eurozone one (Germany).

Let's start with the GDP growth after Q1 2017.
Germany has scraped a meagre 2.8%, whereas the Great British GDP has skyrocketed up to 0.8%!!! In your face, remoaners!

Add to this the fact that GBP/EUR has soared from 1.30 to 1.15 and we can clearly see how Brexit resulted in not only strong, but also stable environment.

Wanna talk about inflation?
We also observe strong growth in prices, with the UK inflation successfully up to 2.89%, with German squeezed down to 1.49%.

[1] See YouTube video "UKIP activist DESTROYS!!!11111 so-called expert prof. R.E. Search"

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 13:49 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad those numbers have helped you climb out from under your protection blanket Thumbs Up

I seem to recall a promise of an immediate and deep recession if we voted leave and a certain chancellor claiming leaving "represent an immediate and profound shock to our economy" and that i and millions of my country men would definetly loose our jobs and end up eating our children.....honestly this was the main reason I voted to remain, but since then haven't we had growth in every quarter including some of the highest growth in Europe? Thinking

Growth is growth and we can all pick and choose statistics like the statistic that put Germanys population at 15million more and gdp 1billion more than the uk even before last year "similar size".

France for example... a country with almost identical population and gdp to the uk (but wasn't similar enough for you) had a good last quarter (still about half of the Germans) but has only averaged growth over the last year of 1.24% while the uk has had 1.6%

As I said I voted remain... but don't consider myself a "remoaner", why? because the sky didn't fall in and I've still got money in my bank, petrol in my cars and bread and beans in my cupboards.

So you may be a little early to climb up on the highest of horses for some good old fashion finger wagging your protection blanket is where you left it Thumbs Up

Last edited by craigT19 on 13:52 - 02 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

craig, that was a fucking fantastic post, Thumbs Up.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where it does have a noticeable effect is where companies are the UK market for European goods, such as the industry I'm involved in. Obviously reduced buying power and a need to keep the business means margins are tighter.

But we're still getting a fair bit of work, whether that's due to service contracts arising this year (they didn't last year) I don't know. But we're slightly ahead of target at the moment. Even though we provide a top class service and are sole UK market holders for some of our products, less certainty and keener buyers mean it isn't straightforward.

PS. I voted leave.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:27 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pounds weakened against the euro and the dollar. Rather than the disaster this was predicted to be, it's now cheaper for people from Europe and America to buy our shit and come here on holiday.

Was up in the highlands a couple of weeks ago, I don't think I've seen so many overseas registrations before. There's usually a lot of Dutch (I think they like the novelty of mountains) but there were plenty of Germans in big motorhomes and French too.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The narrative has shifted to the economy would have grown even faster had we not vote to leave yadayada Sleeping As mentioned above nothing has really changed, imports are more expensive, so all those hipster satchels from china are costing more Crying or Very sad

For people actually producing stuff, or providing a service it's better than before. Migrants are leaving because they can't work for 3 months and buy a house back home... so why bother. I'd say it's going rather well Thumbs Up

Except Val's still here.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
Where it does have a noticeable effect is where companies are the UK market for European goods, such as the industry I'm involved in. Obviously reduced buying power and a need to keep the business means margins are tighter.

But we're still getting a fair bit of work, whether that's due to service contracts arising this year (they didn't last year) I don't know. But we're slightly ahead of target at the moment. Even though we provide a top class service and are sole UK market holders for some of our products, less certainty and keener buyers mean it isn't straightforward.

PS. I voted leave.

You're a liar
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the UK left yet? Last time I have checked all predictions were if the UK actually leaves the EU.

Get back to that post when the Brexshit hits the fan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality is that many of the people who voted leave were already poor and living in what the Guardian calls "crappy Northern towns". Economic benefits of the EU go to the upper middle classes and the crap goes to the working classes. How much the economy does or doesn't grow means nothing if you aren't getting a slice of that bigger pie.

Lefties should be happy. Us right wingers delivered you the peasants revolt you always like to dream of, but are never able to deliver. Too bad for you that the peasants hate you. The trouble for many on the left is that they have become what they despised the most, a wealthy upper middle class educated patronising elite, talking about the cause but not living it, out of touch with the weed smoking dream, looking down on the binman as lesser, moving to get their kids in the right catchment area while talking about better schools for all Laughing

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS. I voted leave.

Brexit was never claimed to deliver the best short term returns. The benefits of Brexit are in the medium and long term, even the remain side seem to accept that.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Does the UK left yet? Last time I have checked all predictions were if the UK actually leaves the EU.

No shit for brains, this was all fortold the day we were to vote leave
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

PS. I voted leave.

You're a liar

Nope, nailed on leave voter. Decided the day of the vote Laughing Ask lihp. Stopped him being able to vote Laughing

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:53 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, nailed on leave voter. Decided the day of the vote Laughing Ask lihp. Stopped him being able to vote Laughing

typical
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

PS. I voted leave.

Brexit was never claimed to deliver the best short term returns. The benefits of Brexit are in the medium and long term, even the remain side seem to accept that.

I just hope the banks will swallow that from the people who lose their jobs short term Laughing

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brexit is already doing as it intended, we have politicians talking about a commercial policy towards the likes of industry and fisheries, we wont ever get out of this national debt unless we trade our ways out of t

Rather than wasting their time, sat in the HOC debating crap like the Wales bill that should have been dealt with years ago
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:56 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

typical

Do go on?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do go on?

All that bs you preached about not leaving
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

And I still think we won't really 'leave'. Clapping

Nobody allowed to change their minds? What did me was the French clown saying if we left that was basically curtains. You know how much I don't like the French. Laughing

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:09 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

And I still think we won't really 'leave'. Clapping

Nobody allowed to change their minds? What did me was the French clown saying if we left that was basically curtains. You know how much I don't like the French. Laughing

Depends what you mean by really leave, we wont ever please the head bangers like Mdp, but we'll break away from the political log jam of the Eu institution, hopefully reform the singe market towards something more like the common market , less political integration and more global cooperation as towards regulatory convergence.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:35 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

Depends what you mean by really leave, we wont ever please the head bangers like Mdp, but we'll break away from the political log jam of the Eu institution, hopefully reform the singe market towards something more like the common market , less political integration and more global cooperation as towards regulatory convergence.

The EU IS the Single Market. Absolutely no reform in the direction of less will be taking place. They are serious and genuinely firm in that the only Europe is more Europe. That halfway house, EFTA, already exists but is the worst of both worlds.

The best option for all involved is fairly generic trade agreement covering goods and services, but no membership or association with any EU body. Britain needs a clean break and the government knows it. The EU can then say Britain has is not longer benefiting from the single market, British government will have delivered a clean Brexit, and both sides still get to trade.

Last edited by Im-a-Ridah on 19:38 - 02 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:37 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Val wrote:

No shit for brains, this was all fortold the day we were to vote leave

^ what he said.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

The EU IS the Single Market. Absolutely no reform in the direction of less will be taking place. They are serious and genuinely firm in that the only Europe is more Europe.

The best option for all involved is fairly generic trade agreement covering goods and services, but no membership or association with any EU body. Britain needs a clean break and the government knows it. The EU can then say Britain has is not longer benefiting from the single market, British government will have delivered a clean Brexit, and both sides still get to trade.

No, the Eu is the EU, the Single market is the system in place to trade across borders which includes Norway and the rest of the EEA which is not inside the eu.

The Eu can say what it likes, the world has changed since it was boss in 1992, regulation and standards are now created by bodies all over the world, the EU then writes this in to it's own directives, the trade we do with them is effected by this, not what the EU say's, our best chance at shaping these reg's in our image is having our own seat on these regulatory forums, rather than the eu doing it for us.

This clean break is bollocks, what does that even mean? the longer we talk about that sot of shite, the longer we will remain in the EU and our politicians will crumble and we will still be stuck under ECJ rulings to organise trade disputes, rather than having an independent body such as the EFTA court to fight back against the EU laden ECJ.

Hard brexit is fucking dead, it was never even an option, there's too much work for our hopeless politicians to even make it work, the reality is the world is entwined now, there's no going back, so make the most of it
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're at it, where are these politicians that will control migration? because all the ones i see in parliament are virtue signalling bellends who wont ever do it

yet we're going to arrange a trade deal on a situation where something wont be used? at least the EEA agreement pays lip service to migration control
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 234 days between these two posts...

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:49 - 22 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My my, overtaken by Italy... Surely we need even more even harder Brexit to address that. BUILD THE WALL!

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/12D07/production/_100136077_ukgdpvseu-nc-5.png
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 54 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3