Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bandit brake torque arm

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:30 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Bandit brake torque arm Reply with quote

There i was "pootling" along come around the roundabout on the Formby bypass an felt a bang on the rear brake lever

so pull over an the rear caliper has become detached from the torque arm an is now pissing brake fluid all over the tyre.....

Only thing i can thing of is the nylock nut has let go an wobbled off Shocked

Nipped the bolt that holds the hose up to the caliper which stopped the leak, wiped what i could of the brake fluid an literally plodded home using front brake only (sorry if you were caught in my traffic jam)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:58 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you remove the rear wheel any recently? Thinking

I've nearly done a stupid thing on the ZX7R. When fitting the wheel back, you have got to seat the caliper bracket onto a notch in the swingarm (the bracket has a grove in it), it is very easy to miss that. Anyway, I had the wheel off, to replace the tyre, then I put it back on and thought it was a bit low on pressure. So I made a short trip to the nearest petrol station and back. Then, when checking the bike in my garage, I noticed the caliper bracket was not seated properly. If I used the rear brake, the caliper go around with the disc and smash itself hitting the swingarm.

Lucky me the ZX7R's rear brake was useless anyway, so I very rarerly used it. Long story short, removed the wheel again and put everything in order.

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:06 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't be a Nyloc type nut. Should be a proper flanged locking nut.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 298 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1