Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

£1,000 fine for excessive noise, e.g. rev bombs?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 27 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move to Italy then, oh, wait, teenagers on full power two strikes... Much noise, such ringadindadingading....

It's not just Laaaahndahhhnnn.

They're kids, being kids. Yes, they're arsehole, most kids with bikes are. I certainly was.

Jardine
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:28 - 01 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill admit it, I have a loud exhaust but coming down my road in sixth gear and kill switching it as soon as i can means i come in at midnight and try to be quiet.

The amount of times my exhaust has stopped some idiot who doesn't check their blind spot is unreal, so id rather piss you off anyway.

Maybe the problem is you live in London, such a big place your going to find twats Everywhere!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:05 - 01 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jardine wrote:
Ill admit it, I have a loud exhaust but coming down my road in sixth gear and kill switching it as soon as i can means i come in at midnight and try to be quiet.

My neighbours aren't that considerate, one had a Bandit with a stupidly loud exhaust, and he used to warm the bike up as early as 4am Confused Thankfully he's f**ked off somewhere, possibly biking heaven as he rode like a tw@.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:32 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jardine wrote:
The amount of times my exhaust has stopped some idiot who doesn't check their blind spot is unreal

I have no doubt of that.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:43 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Jardine wrote:
The amount of times my exhaust has stopped some idiot who doesn't check their blind spot is unreal

I have no doubt of that.

If he was riding in reverse? Very Happy

GSTEEL32
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:58 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always thought rev-bombing was only necessary on 2 strokes ?

I don't bother on the four stokes.

However, I will own up to spending a lot of my time on over-run on the v-twins ... especially with a modified airbox ...

(I'm still a complete 12 year old when it comes to engine noises ....)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:10 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jardine wrote:

So they started to pull out but changed their minds because they heard you?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:56 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

One mans racket is another mans music.

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:57 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:
It's not my only concern Rolling Eyes But I would appreciate it if the local yoof could refrain from banging off the rev limiter for a larf. People only used to do that at rallies and the Bol d'Or and other places where you let your hair down. But in Sarf London people do it outside your bedroom window at midnight. I managed to give one of them a puncture the other night.

But then this happened...

Undinist wrote:
People, remember that ULEZ is enforced by cameras. If your stinky old shed is, like mine, immune to cameras, just cruise around spraying your filth everywhere at no charge. It's not as if Plod will care. Since the traffic cars got ANPR they've all been too busy fighting crime to have time for any traffic work, except for measuring the skid marks after somebody's died. And since Borough Market they barely even have time for crime. Of course if you want an excuse to buy a shiny clean bike, go for it. But it really isn't necessary.

Rolling Eyes

Jardine
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:25 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:
Jardine wrote:

Yeah, because it wasn't clear to do so, do you need further explanation or shall we just stop now and save us both some time?

Jardine
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:27 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Jardine wrote:

My neighbours aren't that considerate, one had a Bandit with a stupidly loud exhaust, and he used to warm the bike up as early as 4am Confused Thankfully he's f**ked off somewhere, possibly biking heaven as he rode like a tw@.

I used to hate leaving in the morning, would get out at like 6am to get the bike out and id quite literally leave it till last minute to start it so i could get out the street as quick as possible.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:29 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:
Jardine wrote:

Yes. He'd have died eleventy times by now, just like everyone else who doesn't have a shouty exhaust.

Undinist
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:32 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jardine wrote:
do you need further explanation or shall we just stop now and save us both some time?

Steady on dear, I'm just trying to work out what skills you lack and how you could improve your riding.

Jardine
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:42 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:
Jardine wrote:
do you need further explanation or shall we just stop now and save us both some time?

Steady on dear, I'm just trying to work out what skills you lack and how you could improve your riding.

Normally people go to pull out, I then apply the brakes as they haven't seen me they then hear me and stop doing what they intended on doing in the first place. Don't see what this has to do with the way i ride Shocked

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 02 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Yes. He'd have died eleventy times by now, just like everyone else who doesn't have a shouty exhaust.

I died many times back when I rode my CG and CB500 with stock exhausts.
A lollipop stick in the wheel would have been louder than those zorsts.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:40 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undinist wrote:
Jardine wrote:

Er what?

Pots and black kettles spring to mind.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:48 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jardine wrote:
I used to hate leaving in the morning, would get out at like 6am to get the bike out and id quite literally leave it till last minute to start it so i could get out the street as quick as possible.

Same here, I'd roll down the hill when starting the bike and be off. The XR was a problem as that did need warming up, so on cold mornings I'd have to stop at the bottom of the hill, hopefully it was quiet enough not to wake anyone up Shifty

Rogerborg wrote:

There was an obscured junction on my commute, used to have to be really careful on the tiddler, but on the MT-03 people used to hear me coming and wait. On an IL4 same problem (with people pulling out), so whilst it's not a guaranteed solution, it definitely helps the SMIDSY risk (more than a tabard IMO Wink).

Jardine
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:09 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Jardine wrote:

Same here, I'd roll down the hill when starting the bike and be off. The XR was a problem as that did need warming up, so on cold mornings I'd have to stop at the bottom of the hill, hopefully it was quiet enough not to wake anyone up Shifty

Rogerborg wrote:

There was an obscured junction on my commute, used to have to be really careful on the tiddler, but on the MT-03 people used to hear me coming and wait. On an IL4 same problem (with people pulling out), so whilst it's not a guaranteed solution, it definitely helps the SMIDSY risk (more than a tabard IMO Wink).

It might only be an sv650 but with the obnoxious exhaust on it, as CaNsA likes to call it, it really does let people know im there. But yeah rolling down the street in the morning has happened a few times haha
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 295 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2