Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:29 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Believe it son.

Man.Child-who-still-lives-"at home"-with-mumsy-says-what?

Substantially though, I agree. Coppers from this cop-shop regularly tank up that stretch of urban dual carriageway in both marked and unmarked cars, blithely ignoring the ridiculous 30 limit. Didn't stop Traffic from SP30'ing me on it though.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:08 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
This did include some NSL B roads to practice high speed cornering, and the instructors would encourage us to basically go as fast as we could safely manage, so I can only assume this is what you are witnessing

What happened is a police driver allowed himself to be goaded into racing a motorcycle on a public road at three figure speeds to the point where he was clearly beyond his ability to control the vehicle. Obviously neither he nor the instructor had read the section on "red mist" in roadcraft because that's clearly what happened. I was just doing it for a laugh but as I say, he was going to stack it into a tree if he got any faster.

I had been going to casually overtake him (got alongside the drivers door) but noticed the police sticker at the last second and pulled back in behind him. That's when he started putting his foot down.

Fruit'n'nut
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 16:38 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

1) "Training". I live in Cumbria. Durham constabulary regularly come over here in unmarked cars and horse about the place in big subraus and suchlike. They have no blue lights on, the only idication they are a police vehicle is a fluorescent sticker in the back window reading Durham constabulary training vehicle

his cornering was getting extremely raggedy and he was going to crash if we kept it up.

People make mistakes, especially when learning something new.

Durham don't have any Subarus. North Yorkshire certainly did or may still do.

Durham don't use stickers in the window either. Their training vehicles are white with a force crest on the rear quarter, and will have a magnetic strip placed on the tailgate saying "police training" or similar.

There's no mandatory requirement to use blue lights and sirens in order to make use of the exemption to speed limits for a police purpose, either in training or operationally.

Joncrete Cungle
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the local constabulary's unmarked troll on a black sportsbike would reckon? Seeing as their MO is razz up right behind motorcyclist, click down a cog or two, pull alongside, bit of a SMIDSY weave alongside, then pin the throttle as they pass the law abiding citizen on two wheels. Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 284 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2