Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

new bike crf 250l

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

joe g
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:12 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: new bike crf 250l Reply with quote

https://ibb.co/hSu7Ka

pick this up next saturday, will be doing the odd commute and odd green lane! can't wait.

has a lot of the mods i would have done already on it, only thing i can think of for now is a graphics kit. so far like these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCRUB-Honda-graphics-decals-CRf-250L-2012-2017-Stickers-MX-motocross-12-17-/302276046916?hash=item46610e7044:g:k-kAAOSwdG9XREvW

https://www.customkitz.co.uk/store/HONDA-CRF250L-STICKER-KIT-p53975286

or any better ones about?

also what do you all wear on bikes like this? don't think i'll be picking it up in full leathers Laughing

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:49 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is you are still on the road most of the time, I generally wear an old pair of leather jeans that I don't care if they get muddy and textile jacket.
Even mild off-roading is more strenuous than road riding so you can get too warm easily.

The one biggest improvement is changing sprockets.
You can fit a 42 rear without changing chain and it is much better especially 2nd gear is now ideal for moderately tricky off-road rather than too big a jump form 1st - but also it pulls top proeprly so can actually be higher top speed. Relatively speaking Laughing - about 70.

You can change front from 14 to 13 but some say original has a special rubber damper or something and replacements feel a bit harsh.

I'm not sure about the graphics, mine has had none at all on it since the first time it needed pressure washing - they just fell off.
They are supposed to get scratched and bashed and look better a bit rough IMO.
Well mine does anyway ...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:32 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

£99.90 for a set of decals? Shocked

Spend the money on petrol and you'll find that much more enjoyable. Wink

As doggone says, you're just going to end up putting scuffs and such like on the decals anyway when using it offroad.

You'll need somewhere secure to park it when commuting as it will magnetically attract thieves.

As to what to wear, whatever you happen to already have is a good start. Razz For offroad kit ideally you want a set of MX style boots, shin & knee guards, MX style trousers and jersey, upper body armour and MX gloves.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 285 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1