Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ladies textile jackets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Doink
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 01:49 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Ladies textile jackets Reply with quote

So the missus has been pillion a couple of times now and has decided she likes it so I need to buy her some protective gear. Been looking at jackets online but no shops seem to keep much stock at all in the womens ranges so looks like we're gonna have to buy on line.

The issue with buying online is that she's got G cup boobs so needs a jacket that is quite generous and it's hard to tell from pics of clothing how it's cut, any makes in particular that cater for this?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:39 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you need to extend the pillion seat? Thinking

Tried https://www.ladybiker.co.uk/ ?

See stinkwheel's posts passim on female (bless 'em) sizing follies. Order eleventy sizes bigger than she claims to be, make her try it on without seeing the label.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:41 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying women's bike stuff is still a bit of a mission although it has got much easier in the last few years. Companies still believe that women only come in a few different sizes though! Women who are more busty or have larger hips don't get much choice other than to go up a few sizes.

If you can't get to a physical shop such as GirlsBike2 or one of the Helmet City shops, then try sites like SportsBikeShop who do free returns. Buy a couple of sizes, try on and send back the one(s) that don't fit for a refund. Jackets have the size measurements listed so she can size herself up and buy what should fit.

Definitely don't read much into the size on the label. I have just bought a size 14 jacket that fits me nicely once I pull the waist adjusters in. For another brand I had to try up to a size 18 that still felt tight around the chest. Don't settle for buying a blokes jacket though, they are cut differently and tend to ride up off the hips quickly and need to be pulled down repeatedly.

EDIT - I bought a RevIt jacket Thumbs Up

Last edited by waffles on 10:27 - 09 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:57 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Ladies textile jackets Reply with quote

Doink wrote:
The issue with buying online is that she's got G cup boobs

I don't believe you!
Pictures ?

Laughing

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 13:24 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies kit has been a pain in the arse to get for the entire time my wifes been riding bikes Sad

Seems the difference between men's and woman's kit as far as most manufacturers are concerned is the colour and a bit of a floral pattern, they have no rom for the "lady bits" while having massively large arms.

I cant say if they will be ok with the G cup but she has had a lot success with the cut and fit of REV'it ladies kit.

Good luck Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SophR so good
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:45 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta go with RST. I'm reasonably slim but E cup and my rst textile jacket is comfortable, think I have a diva 3 looking on sportsbikeshop. Actually they're ok for boob room generally, I found more issues with having arm space. I can't fit my arms into alpinestars for some reason. If she has scarecrow arms alpinestars might be ok. The other one I've found to be ok is IXS - J&S stock plenty of their stuff if have one nearby.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:15 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Ladies textile jackets Reply with quote

Doink wrote:
I need to buy her some protective gear. Been looking at jackets online but no shops seem to keep much

Have you actually been into any bike gear shops, so she can see which brands are more her shape?
Are you near a J&S or if you indicate roughly where you are then someone may suggest a place near you!

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs K has a similar problem. Recently bought a Merlin jacket from infinity. (Not cheap but a great fit.) Also has an Oxford ladies jacket (dakota i think.)

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:48 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Ladies textile jackets Reply with quote

Doink wrote:
So the missus has been pillion a couple of times now and has decided she likes it so I need to buy her some protective gear. Been looking at jackets online but no shops seem to keep much stock at all in the womens ranges so looks like we're gonna have to buy on line.

The issue with buying online is that she's got G cup boobs so needs a jacket that is quite generous and it's hard to tell from pics of clothing how it's cut, any makes in particular that cater for this?

G Cup Boobs?

Pics?

Where are the pics or this thread is useless.

(ps Careful, watch out for the Ban Hammer Embarassed )

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:54 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigT19 wrote:
Ladies kit has been a pain in the arse to get for the entire time my wifes been riding bikes Sad

Seems the difference between men's and woman's kit as far as most manufacturers are concerned is the colour and a bit of a floral pattern, they have no rom for the "lady bits" while having massively large arms.

I cant say if they will be ok with the G cup but she has had a lot success with the cut and fit of REV'it ladies kit.

Good luck Thumbs Up

Rubbish!

Who's Lady kit have you looked at.

I think the problem is wimin cum in awe sorts of shapes and sizes.

(and mood swings. But real men luv them like that too..)

Have you ever been in Debenhams or John Lewis with a women looking for 'kit' in the fecking 'Woman's feckin' Dept? Shocked

Very Happy

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 12:10 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
craigT19 wrote:

Good luck Thumbs Up

Rubbish!

Who's Lady kit have you looked at.

I think the problem is wimin cum in awe sorts of shapes and sizes.

(and mood swings. But real men luv them like that too..)

Have you ever been in Debenhams or John Lewis with a women looking for 'kit' in the fecking 'Woman's feckin' Dept? Shocked

Very Happy

True and from memory shes had problems over the years with RST having no chest space and baggy arms, alpine stars having no room for her arms but plenty of chest space and I recall an issue during a Hein Gericke visit where nothing was long enough in the body.

Shes using a REV'it textile and I "think" a dainese leather one.... best not get into the trouser problems as that's another can or worms altogether Laughing .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:29 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigT19 wrote:

Shes using a REV'it textile and I "think" a dainese leather one.... best not get into the trouser problems as that's another can or worms altogether Laughing .

Go say it....... BIG ARSE! Laughing Thumbs Up

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 13:06 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
craigT19 wrote:

Go say it....... BIG ARSE! Laughing Thumbs Up

lol no, long legs small waist so to cut a long story short they are either to short in the leg or to big around the waist Confused

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:33 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS have bad some good reviews. My wife. Is off down there to vet some gear
Apparently very helpful to big tits on little women.

SophR so good
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 08:07 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're anywhere near wales or the Midlands, this Sunday there's a big lady biker meet at the Raven where there will apparently be multiple brands of stuff to try on & others being modelled by whoever turns up so you can see which brands are which shape.

Saraya
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 08:40 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ladies that answer the phone at JTS are great with boobs. If you ring up and give them a list of the jackets you like from website - they go grab a tape measure and all the jackets and call you back. They ignore the labels and give you all the measurements over the phone. They also have good knowledge of which jackets are true to size and will be honest about which jackets have gorilla arms.
I've had 1 from there and 2 friends bought from them as well. All 3 jackets fit perfectly.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:58 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meta-note: two of my +ve ratings in this thread have been mis-applied as -ves. The Mod Squad has been alerted and justice will be done and be seen to be done.

This is a long standing BCF / phpBB bug-bear. I reckon I get caught out more than most because I'm a compulsive ratist

Tigerlea
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:56 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigT19 wrote:
craigT19 wrote:

lol no, long legs small waist so to cut a long story short they are either to short in the leg or to big around the waist Confused

I just got myself a pair of MotoGirl long-legged trousers (they come in short, normal, and long) and they are brilliant. I have the same issue of being slim with long legs. They do fit a bit tight, so buying a size up is recommended, especially if you want to put in the hip or knee protectors. They're made with a kevlar lining, and have great reviews.

They fit loads better than the leathers I bought, and are great with the summer riding so far. Am very pleased Very Happy

Finally someone gets it! Thumbs Up

On the textile jacket front – I bought mine in Canada because I find the selection a bit shite over here. J&S do have an excellent assortment of women's kit, though. And obviously it's highly recommended trying stuff on.

Dainese is made for the Italian woman, and from my experience they're made for the slim shorty!!

Remember: Leather will stretch/grow/mould to the body; textile will not.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have motogirl leggings too! I went up a size and found them to be a bit baggy round my calf/ankle but they are long enough for me plus the high waistband means that I don't accidentally moon the person behind me.

I'm going to splash out on some of their jeans next. Great kit Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 251 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1