Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Revolutionary?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net
View previous topic : View next topic  

toerag
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:53 - 17 Dec 2015    Post subject: Revolutionary? Reply with quote

Vozz Helmets revolutionary new design or over-engineered gimmick?

https://www.motorbiketimes.com/news/gear/helmets/voztec-system-rs-1-0-set-to-revolutionise-motorcycle-helmets-$21386116.htm

https://paultan.org/2015/12/17/video-vozz-rs-1-0-a-new-way-of-keeping-your-lid-on/

anthony_r6
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:38 - 17 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimmick I reckon.

I think it would be better for making sure your headphones and your face mask (If you wear one) stay in place.

Beyond that, it looks like it's a lot more fiddly and unnecessary. The article says it will eliminate the risk of the helmet coming off your head after impact, but I think that's just because people aren't putting the straps tight enough when they wear 'em.

That being said, it looks cool.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:03 - 17 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the aftermath of simoncelli I remember them saying the straps of a helmet are designed to snap (or come unstuck) before the neck breaks.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 17 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is helmets coming off a thing? I always thought a well adjusted DD fastening was pretty much top notch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:54 - 17 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would require a change in the law to be legal in the UK.

Chin straps are mandatory. Chin cups are prohibited.

Helmets come off in crashes all the time. Happened to the last accident I happened across. Lid was lying in the middle of the road, strap still done up.

Skulls and helmets become pretty plastic above a certain energy level.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 22:01 - 17 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell you what's going to be revolutionary.... Rippl... yeah those helmets!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:25 - 17 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Simoncelli's hat came off because he had 10 gallons of fucking hair so probably didn't have a properly fitted helmet.

That helmet looks more likely to have the tips of one's fingers off. Embarassed

And I think it over engineering a problem that doesn't exist but the designer/manufacturers see a way to earn a coin out of it.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 211 days between these two posts...

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 16 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump!

Popped up on my Facebook feed. Seems the product actually exists - unlike certain vaporware we can mention (Adam Aarons).

800 plus Aussie dollars though. Bare cash. Doesn't look that great.

https://voztec.worldsecuresystems.com/support/the-helmet.html#faq
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:18 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Chin straps are mandatory. Chin cups are prohibited.

Eh.

if worn with a chin cup attached to or held in position by a strap, is provided with an additional strap (to be fastened under the wearer’s jaw) for securing the helmet to the head; and

(c)is securely fastened to the head by means of straps provided for that purpose; and “strap” includes any fastening device.

It seems very unlikely to be an issue before a crash if it's ECE marked. Afterwards, the most you'd be likely to lose is 10% off of a potato-payout for contributory negligence based on Capps v Miller 1989.

The red flags for me are:

Won't that actually transmit energy through your jaw towards your spine?

And how many first responders will be familiar with that type of helmet or know how to remove it?

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:25 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

And how many first responders will be familiar with that type of helmet or know how to remove it?

Your under the impression that most people know how to remove a helmet properly from a casualty without inflicting more damage, i know at Blackburn Royal they don't provide any training for remove M/C lids, i think they do at Blackpool though as the guy who showed me worked there as the dedicated bike ambulance.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:25 - 18 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loui5D wrote:
Your

You're.

Loui5D wrote:
under the impression that most people know how to remove a helmet properly from a casualty without inflicting more damage

Your telepathy is acting up.

I'm only speaking about the VOZZ and am pointing out that "allowing medical personal access if required to the users head in the case of an accident without having to cut the helmet off" is a bogus selling point.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:31 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positive first impressions review, via Bennetts as usual.

Claims to be ECE 22.05.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:38 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll stick with my strap on for now. No other reason than it looks a bit crap. Got any cool looking race rep schemes? It also needs more spoilers.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:03 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, they really do need to get it on a few track monkeys' heads if they want it to take off, so to speak.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:30 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loui5D wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Your under the impression that most people know how to remove a helmet properly from a casualty without inflicting more damage, i know at Blackburn Royal they don't provide any training for remove M/C lids, i think they do at Blackpool though as the guy who showed me worked there as the dedicated bike ambulance.

Pretty much what they tell you, when you do the licence in Czech rep, all the categories.
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/-/media/default-website/2017/july/vozz-helmet-review/fastening-vozz-rs-helmet-review.ashx?h=555&w=740&la=en&hash=A91B2ED79CEA1132CE3BB288C2C6B145D7FC330E

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:32 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the desing, I wouldn't feel quite safe in it. Imagine the locks get stuck after a crash. With a standard lid they just cut the strap, but with this kind of desing, it's time for some excesive force and that's always bad, even when the neck is no inflicted with any injury. Thinking

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:09 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn desings, always desing with a brutha.

It'll be interesting to see if it gets a SHARP rating.

Bricktop
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:18 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chin cup? CHIN CUP??!!!

One of my requirements in helmet fitment is that NOTHING is touching my chin unless i deliberately stick it forward.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Mmm, they really do need to get it on a few track monkeys' heads if they want it to take off, so to speak.

And spoilers, everything is better with spoilers!

I think the helmet looks a bit "special" too. Maybe it would look a bit better with a dark visor?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
Maybe it would look a bit better with a dark visor?

They always do. I found it funny when I used to switch to my tinted visor, people would ask me when I got that lid etc., with the clear one nothing Smile
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 136 days between these two posts...
micorun This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 113 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1