Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Aprilia RS125 Fairings?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fahd
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 07 Apr 2007    Post subject: Aprilia RS125 Fairings? Reply with quote

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not the 2006-2007 model fairings would fit on my 2001 model Aprilia RS125 as I'm thinking about tidying up my bike in the near future and those would definately do the job as well as add something extra to the regular 'spruce up' of being resprayed (I don't really mind moving the brackets around or anything) I ask this because having been to the Aprilia showroom in Central London today to get a few parts I saw that the new RS125's frame looks near enough identical. I also know this would be costly but I've seen third party companies on eBay make cheaper fairings for bikes such as the Cagiva Mito and older RS125 so in time I would assume they would do the same for the new RS125s and I don't really mind whether they are made by Aprilia or not to be honest as long as they won't dissolve in rain... Laughing Many thanks in advance for any help...

EDIT: Just found some, any opinions?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aprilia-RS125-06-Race-Fairing-Seat_W0QQitemZ300097057178QQcategoryZ78417QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Last edited by Fahd on 20:42 - 07 Apr 2007; edited 1 time in total

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:41 - 07 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO the older plastics look better anyway.

Only 1 way to find out if they will, buy a set and try the new RS is probably too new for any one to know unless they have already done it. Try an RS125 specific forum, they would have a much better idea.

Fahd
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 07 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:
IMO the older plastics look better anyway.

Only 1 way to find out if they will, buy a set and try the new RS is probably too new for any one to know unless they have already done it. Try an RS125 specific forum, they would have a much better idea.

I'd be able to switch them over if I wanted to and I did thought the older ones looked better until I saw them in the Aprilia Center today, they look awesome, it's such a shame they use the slower Derbi engines... Crying or Very sad

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:51 - 07 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks ok, no tail unit though.

You would need to change the stock headlight too otherwise it would look well odd.

i_am_tim
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:07 - 07 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

the engine in the 06 model is exactly the same as any of the post 99 model bikes

the only difference in power would be from the heavier emissions laws creating a slightly more restrictive cat in the exhaust, but its not much of a difference really

the most powerful stock bikes are pre-99, the ones with a 34mm carb and less exhaust restrictions.

current bike: 2001 Yamaha R6 - sweeeeet

Fahd
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 07 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i_am_tim wrote:
the engine in the 06 model is exactly the same as any of the post 99 model bikes

the only difference in power would be from the heavier emissions laws creating a slightly more restrictive cat in the exhaust, but its not much of a difference really

the most powerful stock bikes are pre-99, the ones with a 34mm carb and less exhaust restrictions.

I didn't know that, I guess you always learn something new... Smile

obviously I'd change the headlight, I found a few others, any more opinions?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aprilia-RS125-06-Race-Fairing_W0QQitemZ290071791425QQcategoryZ78417QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

i_am_tim
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:54 - 07 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

the rear subframe would likely need a bit of work, the new tail section is a fair bit smaller, but i would have thought the front and side panels shouldnt need too much messing with to get on

be interesting to see how you get on though

current bike: 2001 Yamaha R6 - sweeeeet

beatnck
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:26 - 08 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i've heard those race fairings arent really very strong, so not sure how long the would hold up on the bike.. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 10 years, 108 days between these two posts...
lee_stephen123456 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 272 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1