Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:36 - 20 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/fwtajh9.jpg

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 20 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
Whilst it is a terribly boring bike (dull euro4 compiant 2016 SV650, completely gutless and uninteresting to ride with no soul or character whatsoever), its nice having a (practically) brand new and reliable bike.

I'd love to have that as a hire bike. They gave me a brand new CBF1000, I'd have said no but they wouldn't tell me what the bike was beforehand. What you do not need when you've just injured your knees and back's a 240kg lump like that.

On a side note the hire costs were more than the value of my bike, granted insurers are in on the scam, and liability hasn't been decided but surely they'd be better off just handing over the money Confused

Also I'm not suggesting you do this but I kept the bike for an extra month Shifty They said (in writing) they'd contact me regarding collection and never did, as that was the only thing getting me into work I eventually called them after I'd had it for 2 months, they were really pissed off and picked it up the following day Razz

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:10 - 20 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the hire cost for this is £135... a day... Shocked thank fek Im not paying for it, Ive had it for roughly 6 weeks now which comes to a hefty total of about £5675 by my maths... Shocked and yet they only offered me £950? I could have bought a bloody nice bike for how much its cost them in hiring this alone!

Sadly the company Im using have already arranged a pickup date, and unless I hear otherwise from them Id better give it back to them on that day lest I end up getting shafted for extra hire costs!

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:40 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update:

The other party has upped their offer on the Fazer to £1400, which Ive accepted as that seems a much more reasonable price. Extra £450 for the sake of a single email aint a bad result. And theyve paid out the cost of the hire bike. The accident management company have said theyre pretty much done with this case as far as theyre concerned. Ive been paid out, theyve been paid. The rest is now up to the two insurance companies to deal with liability/personal injury claim. Which brings me onto my next point:

Theyre still insisting on "without predjudice" payout. Which is causing a bit of a problem now as my insurance renewal is due in 2 weeks time... and because of this outstanding claim with no liability decided yet, my insurers have sent me a stupidly expensive renewal quote because Ive got 0 NCB now until the claim is settled. Arses. I've tried arguing with them over the phone about it and pretty much got no further than "computer says no..."

Anyone got any experience of this? Is there a way around this, or do I just have to suck it up and deal with it, and hope they give me a refund (hah) on a lower quote once liability is decided and I get my NCB back?

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
Another update:

The other party has upped their offer on the Fazer to £1400, which Ive accepted as that seems a much more reasonable price. Extra £450 for the sake of a single email aint a bad result. And theyve paid out the cost of the hire bike. The accident management company have said theyre pretty much done with this case as far as theyre concerned. Ive been paid out, theyve been paid. The rest is now up to the two insurance companies to deal with liability/personal injury claim. Which brings me onto my next point:

Theyre still insisting on "without predjudice" payout. Which is causing a bit of a problem now as my insurance renewal is due in 2 weeks time... and because of this outstanding claim with no liability decided yet, my insurers have sent me a stupidly expensive renewal quote because Ive got 0 NCB now until the claim is settled. Arses. I've tried arguing with them over the phone about it and pretty much got no further than "computer says no..."

Anyone got any experience of this? Is there a way around this, or do I just have to suck it up and deal with it, and hope they give me a refund (hah) on a lower quote once liability is decided and I get my NCB back?

they've paid for the hire bike and your bike but not accepted responsibility?

when I had my claim the insurance company said they were covering and taking responsibility but the cheque was still 'without prejudice' so that the payment can not be used as proof of liability in court at a later date.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:47 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:

You're meant to pay the stupid amount, then get a refund once the claim's settled. I put my accident down as non-fault as with zero no claims my premium shot up high enough Shifty

Wonko The Sane wrote:

They pay the important people first Neutral

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:54 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonko The Sane wrote:

when I had my claim the insurance company said they were covering and taking responsibility but the cheque was still 'without prejudice' so that the payment can not be used as proof of liability in court at a later date.

Yeah pretty much. I dont understand how they can say "yeah ok we'll pay you but its not our clients fault, no liability" Rolling Eyes They hit me, theyre still saying its not their fault after initially denying they were even there, and somehow theyre still able to say "without prejudice"? Neutral

The renewal quote is ridiculous too, prior to this it was £168 for the year, now they want £590...

What Im worried will happen is theyll say "oh ok, youve got your NCB back now so well adjust your quote... your renewal is now £580" because Ill be stuck with them at that point, theres no incentive for them to be competitive and match lower renewal quotes if theyve already got me hooked for another year.

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:39 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So an update!

Third party has finally admitted full liability, paid out for all my stuff. Now just awaiting the medical report to value my PI claim and get that phat cash stacks too.

Got all my NCB back plus an extra year which was nice.

As expected when I called my insurers regarding adjusting my premium to account for the NCB they were less than interested, they reduced it from £590 to £450. Which I suppose is better than nothing, but still shit. Oh well, next year should be better.

Got a letter from the police too today, theyre closing the investigation and have decided that an appropriate punishment for being a totally oblivious blind cunt, sideswiping a bike, failing to stop at the scene of an accident or report it to the police, causing injury by dangerous driving and leaving me lying in the road with a potato'd arm and writing off my bike is...

drumroll please...

... attendance on a one day National Driver Alertness course! Rolling Eyes

The legal system in this country is an utter joke. Wheres my Justice4Tierbirdy hashtags? Time for Daily Mail compo sadface?

On the plus side the letter from the fuzz does give me the drivers name and address... and of course I wouldnt dare dream of misuing that information in any way whatsoever.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:48 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he'll pay lots of attention in class.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:41 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/private_prosecutions/

Just saying, the option's open to you (sadly, not to me because savage hinterlands Sad )
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 249 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5