Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Any recommendations for a waterproof winter glove under £50

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Davemc37
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:47 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Any recommendations for a waterproof winter glove under £50 Reply with quote

I have got a 12 volt owerpoint on my vstrom so is it worth getting some heated gloves ?

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:46 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waterproof winter gloves for under £50

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41UuBTxxT-L.jpg

And normal cheap winter gloves, The gloves will get soaked, but your hands wont.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:35 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three different questions: (1) Waterproof glove? (2) Winter glove? (3) Heated glove? So what one is it that you want (and or a combination of all three)?

I wouldn't go buying a glove, any glove (a pair... of course), with the hope that it will get you through winter entirely untouched alone. From advice and numerous threads like this the general opinion, that I've read and taken away, is heated grips and muffs (or both). Plus winter is subjective in the form of temperatures that you're willing to ride in, speeds the road you ride are at (wind chill included), and length of time in miles you commute or ride in winter.

I'd opt for a normal glove and just get a cheap pair of thermal gloves to go underneath. Sportsdirect had gloves on sale (as they always do... so I was told) and so trying one of them on underneath your bike glove might provide a cheap answer (hand movement and feel of the controls pending). Or J&S do a thermal inner glove for £15 but mine fell apart after getting stuck on the Velcro of my cuff far too many times (there's also a Frank Thomas thermal glove).

J&S, or my local one, has a bin of gloves "for clearance" that I've riffled through but never much gotten along with. If you're strapped for cash you mind be able to find a pair, or two, for £50 that you can consider disposable since they'd be cheap enough to laugh at.

RST Blade (Just blade not Blade II) WP is my go to, since they've recently been replaced by a more updated line you may be able to find a discounted pair on the web for perhaps in your budget.

I'd always try gloves on just because you'll know what ones you want as soon as you put them on. I'd consider buying something whereby is the point of contact between your hands and the controls of the bike blind, and without having tried on, a poor decision. If winter and waterproof is your choice of needs then perhaps go with a glove that has a long cuff rather than the city style easy on easy off type glove.

So yeah, TL:DR: all the above and go try some on.

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:50 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a side note - don't attempt to dry your gloves in the microwave, unless you like buying new gloves.
Embarassed

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:56 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spada Linea gloves, £20, genuine SALE! SALE! SALE!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331941437368

Decent review:
https://www.visordown.com/features/products/spada-linea

However, the answer as always is muffs. Tucano, universal, they all work.

zark
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:01 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad shout there Rog...

I've had these and the build quality is shonky enough that i get them replaced every 10 months under warranty!

They're hit and miss whether they'll keep the water out - or the lining will scrunch up inside making them a pain to get on the next time though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:29 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bagged a pair last month, so I haven't been able to give them a proper cold/wet test yet. In any case, I'd consider anything short of muffs to be summer wear for use in showers.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:08 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I bagged a pair last month, so I haven't been able to give them a proper cold/wet test yet. In any case, I'd consider anything short of muffs to be summer wear for use in showers.

I've got a similar Spada pair I've had about 6 years and are still waterproof. Warm as well, as they're fleece lined, but a bit bulky as a consequence.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 278 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1