Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stolen Bikes/Peds In That London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:52 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatefreak wrote:
Am sure a chap was killed on his doorstep last year when some scrotes were stealing his ped.

Ricky Hayden, although the story now seems to be that they weren't actually after his brother's scootay, they were just there to murder up another couple of scrotes.

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:39 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stiffler wrote:
Moving to London soon and don't have anywhere secure to put the bike, looks like I may as well not bother!

Lived in London for 15 years and no one ever touched my bike even living in one of the highest bike theft postcodes.

My advice, get a gs500 Very Happy

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:44 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Beeb piece on it.

Summary:

Surprisingly, they note that "moped" isn't strictly accurate.

London has 10% of UK bikes, but 60% of thefts.

"it's likely to be two or three years before anti-theft systems are embedded into the design of all scooters."

Or, never.

Crimes committed using scootays have gone up from 5,145 to 16,158 in just one year. Shocked

"although suspects removing their helmets is one of the "elements" they have to think about during a pursuit, he says it also gives police a "real advantage" because their face can be seen by victims, bystanders and on CCTV."

Wot is U on about tho bruv?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/Balaclava_3_hole_black.jpg/220px-Balaclava_3_hole_black.jpg

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:27 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC wrote:
There is also concern that it could spread beyond London, which for reasons that are not entirely clear, has so far borne the brunt of this spate of attacks.

Because it's a shit hole? Also the Met' aren't concerned with what they consider low level crime (muggings etc.), and set a precedent with the whole helmet-less no pursuit thang.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Police recommend other security measures including trackers, marking devices, covers and chain locks - but thieves have been known to cut through those using angle grinders

Quote:
Industry can provide the means to secure bikes, but it can't fix the problems that lead to lawlessness," says Steve Kenward, chief executive of the Motorcycle Industry Association.

So, police pass buck to owners, MIA passes it back to police

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:24 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only people actually responsible are the worthless thieving scum that steal scooters and use them to steal other things.

I agree with James May: Kill them. Kill them all.

Not even jk bruv.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

natefz6 wrote:
Stiffler wrote:
Moving to London soon and don't have anywhere secure to put the bike, looks like I may as well not bother!

Lived in London for 15 years and no one ever touched my bike even living in one of the highest bike theft postcodes.

My advice, get a gs500 Very Happy

Unless you once killed a guy with the gs500, just cos he looked at you funny, then I doubt it's that.

Do you perhaps have the crazy eyes?
https://images.buddytv.com/btv_2_505573191_0_350_10000_-1_/what-are-they-up-to-.jpg

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:01 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has probably been posted somewhere before, but not on this thread that I can see

https://youtu.be/aGPTLwPEvzM

So much of rage

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:25 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skip to the peds:

https://youtu.be/aGPTLwPEvzM?t=992

https://youtu.be/aGPTLwPEvzM?t=1596

https://youtu.be/aGPTLwPEvzM?t=2430

https://youtu.be/aGPTLwPEvzM?t=2985 (pedalists, but same species)

I would execute every single vermin featured in that without the slightest twinge of conscience, starting with the Hicks clan. Such interest in the truth, except for the bit about him being a drug dealer.

Copper came out of that pretty well, although trying to be matey-mate with the pedal-vermin was pretty sad. It's not listening.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

so much restraint with the kid who's been caught 15 times snatching phones (big man number) I would have put his head through that wall

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:14 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Skip to the peds:

https://youtu.be/aGPTLwPEvzM?t=992

https://youtu.be/aGPTLwPEvzM?t=1596

https://youtu.be/aGPTLwPEvzM?t=2430

https://youtu.be/aGPTLwPEvzM?t=2985 (pedalists, but same species)

I would execute every single vermin featured in that without the slightest twinge of conscience, starting with the Hicks clan. Such interest in the truth, except for the bit about him being a drug dealer.

Copper came out of that pretty well, although trying to be matey-mate with the pedal-vermin was pretty sad. It's not listening.

Better than the Hicks family Rolling Eyes WTF was that with the gun in the car and the people being found not guilty? Eh?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:05 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
so much restraint with the kid who's been caught 15 times snatching phones (big man number) I would have put his head through that wall

It's what's needed, since the courts are reneging on their duty to protect the public.

On that, a liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet. The best thing that could happen for justice is that every magistrate in that area gets done over while walking to their Range Rovers (or more likely Leafs these days).

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Better than the Hicks family Rolling Eyes WTF was that with the gun in the car and the people being found not guilty? Eh?

My favourite was "the officers responsible for my brothers death", your brother is responsible for his own death you silly bitch.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
This has probably been posted somewhere before, but not on this thread that I can see

https://youtu.be/aGPTLwPEvzM

So much of rage

Quote:

Laughing
For some reason I'm a lot more fond of taxi drivers now, weird that.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:05 - 30 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
M.C wrote:

My favourite was "the officers responsible for my brothers death", your brother is responsible for his own death you silly bitch.

The mums "he ain't done nuffin" & "go and get some real criminals" was unbelievable, they're exactly the people members of the public want them to be going after (the ones stealing phones in broad daylight).

They both (the mum and sister) seem to think being a 'child' is a defence, I wouldn't say dealing drugs or going out and robbing people is a normal part of growing up Thinking

Mark_UK
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 00:22 - 30 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in my barber's yesterday and there was a phone in show on the radio about motorcycle theft in London. One person said that they should ban pillion riders on scooters in London. Good idea?

But then again I suppose stealing scooters is banned, and it still happens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:28 - 30 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
They both (the mum and sister) seem to think being a 'child' is a defence, I wouldn't say dealing drugs or going out and robbing people is a normal part of growing up Thinking

Kidz will be kidz though init bro.

Brick Wall
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 07:47 - 30 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The punishment if found guilty for crimes like snatching and robbery shouldn't be short jail sentences (where they're usually bailed for £50). They should be a room without cameras for 1 hour and the victim gets to choose who accompanies them into that room. Either that or have the old saudi law of thieves getting their hands cut off.. would soon stop the little cunts

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 09:40 - 30 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off...on bail for 15 of the same offences?

If he hadn't learned by...oh, let's be generous and say 14 I think it's a fair assumption he's a bit of a lost cause.

What is it...something like 80% of crime committed by the same 10% of criminals?

Lock the fuckers up. For good. They will never, ever be any use in a normal society.

Second. Fine the parents, (who won't pay of course) and then lock those cunts up too. Along with all their darling siblings and their peers and a selection of sharp implements.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:12 - 30 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark_UK wrote:
I was in my barber's yesterday and there was a phone in show on the radio about motorcycle theft in London. One person said that they should ban pillion riders on scooters in London. Good idea?

But then again I suppose stealing scooters is banned, and it still happens.

There should be a law against riding without a helmet. Folded arms

Tracer1234 wrote:
Kidz will be kidz though init bro.

Just scrumping for phones.

TbirdX wrote:
Lock the fuckers up. For good. They will never, ever be any use in a normal society.

Put them on extradition flights to Somalia, along with all of our illegals. Bribe them whatever it takes to accept them - it'll still be cheaper than the costs of us dealing with them for a lifetime.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:40 - 30 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Put them on extradition flights to Somalia, along with all of our illegals. Bribe them whatever it takes to accept them - it'll still be cheaper than the costs of us dealing with them for a lifetime.

And they'll live among a nation of like minded pirates... I mean 'people'.

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 30 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's spread up here, the local FB bikers group were aware of people being followed in the Rowley regis and Blackheath areas of Oldbury in the west midlands, and there was an attempt on a bike outside my work near Dudley on Saturday where a customer had parked up his K1300S, a two-up ped stopped outside, one got off and walked over to the parked bike and another couple joined them on a classic looking bike, one of our staff was walking up the yard and they scarpered before they could do any damage, this isn't far from Streetbike where an S1000 was stolen in broad daylight a few weeks ago.

nullity
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:38 - 30 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some examples of people fighting back, first one from January, second link is from June.

Midgets with nunchucks try to steal bike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B10oVl8fEds

#London #Bike #Thieves getting beaten up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7hDFkbKzI

Not sure which is funnier, the high pitched screaming of the thief or the odd high pitched gangsta voice the big lad is putting on. Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:54 - 30 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both posted before. The nunchucks were taken off the guy by the thieves, and the second one I'm not actually sure involved a bike theft (just seemed to be general gang stuff).

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:02 - 30 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got called (ambo) to an attempted bike jacking yesterday. Bromley/Beckenham area of south London, I'm sure someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they lived there and were worried about being followed by pedbois.

Deliveroo rider on a Ching Chong 125 got chased by 3 #bayklaffs on peds, black yoofs no helmets & balaclava, for about 20 minutes before they decided to just kick his back wheel out and crash the bike if they couldn't just nick it.

Had a chat with the plod who turned up, they're just as frustrated as us with this. He said the rules are changing and they are now permitted (to ask for permission) to pursue bikes regardless of helmet/no helmet, and to ram moving bikes & use stingers as well if necessary. Apparently for some reason as well BTP are allowed to pursue without requiring permission, I dunno if BTP are trained to be supercop Stiggies or something as standard, he said if there's no bike/traffic cops available they'll get BTP to pursue.

More worryingly plod also said that it's even more common than the media makes out, because a lot of the time we only hear about the nice high end bikes they steal... what we don't hear about is scenarios like the one above, where they target slower less desirable bikes to practice their technique on. They're not interested in nicking a Hoosongfanlo 125, they just want practice at taking people down.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 268 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 8 of 36