BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Well that was unexpected.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:42 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like sunmasters cos the cost of a MH bulb and an HPS bulb isn't a big deal. Razz

Plus adding some MH light towards the end of flowering is well worth doing.

A 315w CMH bulb gives about the same output as a 500w HID bulb without 500w of heat.

Of course, it's all swings and roundabout, there is no right or wrong answer. Laughing

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Don't like sunmasters cos the cost of a MH bulb and an HPS bulb isn't a big deal. Razz

Plus adding some MH light towards the end of flowering is well worth doing.

A 315w CMH bulb gives about the same output as a 500w HID bulb without 500w of heat.

Of course, it's all swings and roundabout, there is no right or wrong answer. Laughing

true and you can get MH bulbs that run on your HPS ballast these days

only issue I have with the CMH is they require a different ballast and reflector
I'd need to refit my cool tubes to accept them or buy new ones

I suspect that plasma and LED will be the way of the future, they are already getting decent results
and you can dial in your spectrum to suit but costly to buy just now

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:05 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:
Ste wrote:
www.uk420.com for UK growing advice.

Or BCF. Laughing

But as it's illegal in the UK you can't actually follow any of the advice because if you grow cannabis then you're funding organised crime and terrorists!! Shocked

been a member there since 2001 Jools runs a good site Thumbs Up

on the legal side its a bit strange that a state in the US which has legal medicinal use
is trying to extradite a good friend of mine to the US on a charge of importing and exporting Cannabis
when all he sold or bought was seeds, the US does not discriminate and calls seeds cannabis
when in the Uk seeds are totally legal to own and sell, just don't germinate them Rolling Eyes

I really don't get that stance, unless it's a way to keep track of growers.

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

its a Federal v State matter
state says its legal but under federal law its still a crime in Every state inc the ones that passed laws to legalise it
its the Feds who want him
they held him in the Philippines for 3 years when they failed to "Repatriate him" (state kidnapping) then he got deported to the Uk as his visa was revoked
then after 6 months of nothing a new warrant was issued in the Uk for the same charges
he's up in court in 2 weeks time

our defence is all sales were from the Uk which its legal to sell
so there is no reciprocal law being broken

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:21 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Dave70, this was all unexpected! I think what everyone is trying to suggest is that instead of loitering around a burned-down house on the off-chance, you get cracking on the problem yourself Laughing

Let me know when your crop is ready
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:26 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federal laws vs State laws is a bit like the State laws where it's legalised for medical use and all you need is a prescription from a doctor saying that your condition might be helped by cannabis. Just fucking legalise it, medicinal laws are so open to misuse that they're a waste of time.

Then there's the Netherlands where it's only legal for authorised shops to sell a maximum of 5 grams so it's illegal for coffee shops to buy their weed.

Some police forces in the UK say they don't target people growing for personal use. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11767001/Three-more-police-forces-signal-that-they-will-turn-blind-eye-to-cannabis-use.html

The whole lot is fucking stupid, tides are slowly changing but just how long it'll take for it to be legal for someone to grow a single plant on a window sill or a few plants in their spare room is anyone's guess.

No smell, no sell and no tell.

Those and bypassing the electric meter are the things which can get you busted. According to people I know who bypass the meters, they expect to get three grows from a property before it gets busted. I don't understand it at all, if you're using half decent kit then paying for the electric bill would cost less than the kit which will be taken by the police when the electric company come to read the meter. The only people I can see who profit from that are the grow shops selling the kit. Laughing

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Well, Dave70, this was all unexpected! I think what everyone is trying to suggest is that instead of loitering around a burned-down house on the off-chance, you get cracking on the problem yourself Laughing

Let me know when your crop is ready

The main issue would be the stink.

Walking around certain parts of Liverpool (and no doubt other places too) you can often smell grows all over the area. I have no idea what sort of air filtration system the Asian folks who lived opposite me had but, I never once got the slightest whiff of anything and I walk past there every day.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:
The main issue would be the stink.

Walking around certain parts of Liverpool (and no doubt other places too) you can often smell grows all over the area. I have no idea what sort of air filtration system the Asian folks who lived opposite me had but, I never once got the slightest whiff of anything and I walk past there every day.

on a small grow a carbon scrubber will eliminate the smell issue Thumbs Up
I can walk past a house I know has 30 plants in it and nothing to be smelled
yet I know other houses I walk past have a grow on the go
a mate had his postman chap his door and tell him he could smell it walking up his path

there are ways and means

Ste I totally agree stealing the leccy is insane and WILL get you busted and a hefty sentence for it at the end of the day
more that the actual growing offence Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:41 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhino Filters are the only filters to buy.

https://www.hydroculture.co.uk/rhino-pro-carbon-filters

A shitty cheap filter won't be as effective and won't last as long. Generally I'd be more worried about someone coming and robbing the grow than the police busting it.

The carbon filter is the part of kit that it's not worth cutting corners to save a few pounds. They're not cheap but how much is it worth to you to not get robbed and to not get raided by the police? Laughing

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Rhino Filters are the only filters to buy.

https://www.hydroculture.co.uk/rhino-pro-carbon-filters

A shitty cheap filter won't be as effective and won't last as long. Generally I'd be more worried about someone coming and robbing the grow than the police busting it.

The carbon filter is the part of kit that it's not worth cutting corners to save a few pounds. They're not cheap but how much is it worth to you to not get robbed and to not get raided by the police? Laughing

Even for a small personal grow, £45 for a decent filter is peanuts in the long run.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:52 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Rhino Filters are the only filters to buy

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:01 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:
Even for a small personal grow, £45 for a decent filter is peanuts in the long run.

Go bigger than that.

A big fan running at low speeds makes less noise than a small fan running at full whack.

The filters need replacing after three grows. You can probably get a forth grow out of it but towards the end of the grow is when the plants really really fucking stink which is when you don't want the filter to let you down.

You need to be using the filter when the buds are drying. Slightly stating the obvious here but you should harvest the plants at a time when they need watering to reduce how much water is in the plants. Harvesting and trimming all the leaves off is time consuming but it's so much quicker and easier to remove leaves then than it is once the buds have dried. To give some idea, nine plants grown under 1200w of light will take about five or six hours to trim and manicure properly. Shocked Laughing

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
You need to be using the filter when the buds are drying. Slightly stating the obvious here but you should harvest the plants at a time when they need watering to reduce how much water is in the plants. Harvesting and trimming all the leaves off is time consuming but it's so much quicker and easier to remove leaves then than it is once the buds have dried. To give some idea, nine plants grown under 1200w of light will take about five or six hours to trim and manicure properly. Shocked Laughing

your hired
I detest trimming takes me that time to do 4 (when I'm in a country thats legal for me to grow of course )
trimmers in the dam get paid a good wage and free finger hash Wink

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:36 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:
your hired

Which country? Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:
M.C wrote:

its a Federal v State matter
state says its legal but under federal law its still a crime in Every state inc the ones that passed laws to legalise it
its the Feds who want him
they held him in the Philippines for 3 years when they failed to "Repatriate him" (state kidnapping) then he got deported to the Uk as his visa was revoked
then after 6 months of nothing a new warrant was issued in the Uk for the same charges
he's up in court in 2 weeks time

our defence is all sales were from the Uk which its legal to sell
so there is no reciprocal law being broken

I meant stance of the UK government, but yeah that does all sound rather strange. Uncle Sam needs a new worker ant it seems Thinking

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I meant stance of the UK government, but yeah that does all sound rather strange. Uncle Sam needs a new worker ant it seems Thinking

the Uk is totally f*cked up as the establishment will fight it tooth and nail
the moral grounds and medicinal argument have been tried multiple times yet no change
personally I see it as an opportunity to fund a lot of NHS stuff with a reasonable sale and tax structure like the USA does
I'd happily pay a tax to grow / sell cannabis in the Uk and have long been fighting for that to happen
as a job its funded me for almost 20 years of being in the business amongst other jobs
and to be honest its something I really enjoy doing

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a bit of irony

I moved to spain and rented a villa to grow cannabis plants to make seeds from
I then brought the seeds to the Uk Legally and sold them online

I can legally have the seeds in the Uk but I have to go to country's that are legal for me to grow to make the seeds
why can't I grow the plants in the Uk as I can't sell seeded bud on the street (well you can and I've seen it)
but not the done thing I can make 10 times the money from the seeds than I could selling the bud
hell I could even move to some states in the US and make seeds bring them to the Uk to sell them back to the US

whole thing is a joke

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:19 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to hydroponics vs compost...

I reckon there's less chance of a house burning down if growing in compost rather than hydroponics as you're only bringing water into the grow space every few days via a watering can rather than there being lots of water there all the time with pumps and hoses. Personally

On a similar topic, if wiring up lighting, fans or anything else it needs to be done by someone who knows what they're doing and there are guides about doing such things on the cannabis forums which have been mentioned.

You need to have smoke alarms in the house and keep a suitable powder fire extinguisher in the room.

When the plants are flowering, the lights would be set on a timer to be on for twelve hours then off for twelve hours. If that twelve hours of light is from say 9pm then it would be easier to get rid of the heat from the hundreds or thousand of watts of lighting.

Before going to 12hrs on 12hrs off lighting for the plants to flower, the lights would be running 24/7 so you don't want to be doing that in the summer. Laughing

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
When the plants are flowering, the lights would be set on a timer to be on for twelve hours then off for twelve hours. If that twelve hours of light is from say 9pm then it would be easier to get rid of the heat from the hundreds or thousand of watts of lighting.

Before going to 12hrs on 12hrs off lighting for the plants to flower, the lights would be running 24/7 so you don't want to be doing that in the summer. Laughing

I tend to run 8pm to 8 AM lights on to keep the heat issues to a minimum and a more balanced overall temp range

unless you know what your doing don't f*ck with electrics as you are drawing thousands of watts of power
esp when your lights kick in you need to know whats safe and whats not
most grow room fires are started by dodgy electrical fitments or cheap wiring

as to soil or hydro it can depend on your grow room
one attic grow I did was hydro as it was easy to tap into the water tank
rather than haul 50l bags of compost through 2 small hatches
and then getting it back out after the grow would have been a PITA

Thumbs Up

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:15 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Wish I could grow my own shit Sad

Are you constipated?

Eat more fibre.

Shocked

Mark_UK
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:00 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:

been a member there since 2001 Jools runs a good site Thumbs Up

Hah small world. I was member 26 I think. Spliffy. I knew when I saw the name Old Pink on here that it had to be you. UK420 has grown massive since then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 269 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3