Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Aslef tossers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:46 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't think that 80% of claims vanishing when it was a case of pay-to-play indicates the level of spuriousness?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:59 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
You don't think that 80% of claims vanishing when it was a case of pay-to-play indicates the level of spuriousness?

Shocked

Racist.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:43 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my best friends are Spuriousans.

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Purely on safety grounds, all passenger trains and trams should have been made driverless years ago while in normal service.
Did you know that the London Underground Victoria Line was designed to be driverless,

wikipedia wrote:
The line has always been operated using automatic train operation, but all trains carry drivers.
They had the technology in the 1960s, perhaps it's time they started using it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:57 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

No I don't, it indicates how few people were union members.

Andy_Pagin wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Purely on safety grounds, all passenger trains and trams should have been made driverless years ago while in normal service.
Did you know that the London Underground Victoria Line was designed to be driverless,

wikipedia wrote:
The line has always been operated using automatic train operation, but all trains carry drivers.
They had the technology in the 1960s, perhaps it's time they started using it.

I didn't know that about the Victoria line. All this time my life's been in the hands of a computer Shocked
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:32 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No congratulations from you to the union who have secured the right ruling in that unjustly sacked workers should not have to stump up hundreds - thousands of pounds to try and take unscrupulous employers to court?

Thought not.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fully automated train system would probably be a lot more efficient than a driven run train system. Computers, unlike people, make logical decisions without error, and they don't make bad decisions because had an argument with their wife or haven't had their coffee yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
A fully automated train system would probably be a lot more efficient than a driven run train system. Computers, unlike people, make logical decisions without error, and they don't make bad decisions because had an argument with their wife or haven't had their coffee yet.

If programmed and implemented correctly.

Remind me who programs them?
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:52 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

Top men.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:04 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/researchers-hacked-a-car-wash-to-attack-the-vehicle-inside/

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:53 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
No congratulations from you to the union who have secured the right ruling in that unjustly sacked workers should not have to stump up hundreds - thousands of pounds to try and take unscrupulous employers to court?

Thought not.

No. It will cost me money and never help me.

Over to you Tarquin.

I'm alright Jack. How does it mean you'll be paying for it exactly? Unless you're a scum employer of course.

Hope you get fucked over by your biggest client to the tune of 000's with no possible recourse Mr. Green Karma

FWIW, I doubt I will ever need it, but having worked in some truly shit places, I understand why people may need some form of protection, and the fact that it's only £32m shows just how few people have actually been able to afford the massive costs involved, and the choice between paying for the roof over their head or to get the employer recognised for the scumbags they are.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

toby1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:04 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio's comments reminds me of the type of mentality that brings this Country to its knees.

In a recent union meeting the shop stewart addressed all the union members in the canteen. "right lads" he said, we've got everything we want. A 20% pay rise, extended holiday's, a place on the board - and we only have to work Friday's.

"What every Friday" came a voice from the back.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Programmers dear. The difference is that the software can undergo much more extensive testing to detect and remove errors than a driver can. Computers are simply much better at logic operations, mundane tasks and coordinating large numbers of decisions than humans are.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:28 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

toby1 wrote:
Jewlio's comments reminds me of the type of mentality that brings this Country to its knees.

In a recent union meeting the shop stewart addressed all the union members in the canteen. "right lads" he said, we've got everything we want. A 20% pay rise, extended holiday's, a place on the board - and we only have to work Friday's.

"What every Friday" came a voice from the back.

Yawn.

No doubt you're the sort who wouldn't be affected by shit decisions. Because it's your sort making them.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

More than likely it indicates the level of people who would prefer the money to be covering their bills in case they struggle finding a job. Remind me of the %age who are x paychecks away from homeless or whatever its called?

Codezombie
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:33 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Top men.

Lord No. It's people like Me.
Be afraid, be very very afraid... Twisted Evil

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:05 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

More than likely it indicates the level of people who would prefer the money to be covering their bills in case they struggle finding a job.

Yes, because they know their claim is spurious and likely to fail.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Programmers dear. The difference is that the software can undergo much more extensive testing to detect and remove errors than a driver can. Computers are simply much better at logic operations, mundane tasks and coordinating large numbers of decisions than humans are.

Programmers aren't human?

BSOD?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

More than likely it indicates the level of people who would prefer the money to be covering their bills in case they struggle finding a job.

I doubt it. Not in all instances at least.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Programmers aren't human?

BSOD?

Actually they don't have to be human.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:10 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Work tribunals are a bit of a lottery. A guy I worked with was being bullied by management, he won the case, he won the appeal, it ended up going to the high court where they found against him (yay for justice) Rolling Eyes

Lupo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:12 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

But expensive if you want them to emulate human flexibility. And more expensive if instead of programming for 3 operating systems, you have to do so for 30 or more. There are a massive amount of different train stocks out there, and most of them use different signalling systems.

Automatic systems are good because all trains using the same track or route, are linked and know where each other are and can synchronise acceleration and braking. That greatly reduces the gap between running trains, so you can fit more trains in the system and give a more frequent service.

Problem is that you need a person when the automatic system fails and it does fail.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 270 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8