Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:40 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrots.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Carrots?? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

*puts G on a 5-day ban for gross indecency*

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyramid Plastics rear hugger extender for the Tracer.

https://s20.postimg.org/bih1ir4gd/IMG_20170728_131105.jpg

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:22 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Carrots.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Carrots?? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

*puts G on a 5-day ban for gross indecency*

It gets worse...

My own interpretation of hipster....

https://i.imgur.com/NH5YCs3.jpg
Spiralising at 95nm+ or up to 2000rpm *!
That's butternut squash, but it gets mixed with carrots (and sometimes peppers and onions).
Yes, it does get consumed with a meat dish of course.

*Yes, my spiraliser has about the same torque as your Harley Wink.

Anyway....
In my defence, I still eat more than most people who aren't trying to lose weight and have been - just about to hit my target of 11 stone.

(And, should anyone wish to put some money down reckoning they can out eat me with real food, I'll happily step up Very Happy.)

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:56 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
Pyramid Plastics rear hugger extender for the Tracer.

https://s20.postimg.org/bih1ir4gd/IMG_20170728_131105.jpg

Thumbs Up
yu no cf?

I hope you have some clamps. This type are ideal. I set mine in front of my log burner, Make sure you use all the glue,
over applied glue peels off easily once it has set just score first to get a clean finish, be sure to rough up the hugger well before glueing.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
yu no cf?

CF?

grr666 wrote:
I hope you have some clamps. This type are ideal. I set mine in front of my log burner, Make sure you use all the glue,
over applied glue peels off easily once it has set just score first to get a clean finish, be sure to rough up the hugger well before glueing.

Yeah, I have some clamps thank you mate. Comes with decent cleaner stuff and some sandpaper I guess to rough it up a little. You have the same on your Spacker? The potatoed tracer also had the extender on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:25 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but mines Carbon Fibre to match my front fender.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:54 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

truck body for my rc car

off to a market today so may buy random crap

no random crap bought but did buy a hotdog or two Shifty Whistle

Last edited by andyscooter on 13:31 - 29 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:37 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
My own interpretation of hipster....
https://i.imgur.com/NH5YCs3.jpg

See, I quite like those weirdy beardy things, so although I've transmogrified into a dyed-in-the-wool Italian mamma when it comes to the production of authentic spaghetti sauces* , I don't mind all those vegetabley noodle or lasagne sheet things. I quite like them for a change.

Plus if you are having a carb-free day - not quite got my head round that concept yet ... but I'm working on it, Rome wasn't built in a day - then they are perfect.

My Neapolitan mother-in-law would-a turn-a inna grave, innit.

*you will never find a jar of Dolmio "bolognese" sauce in this house Shocked This family rarely ever has anything other than tins of tomatoes, tubes of puree or jars/boxes of passata. Only pesto gets bought in jars, as its too technical to get the perfect strength Laughing The MiL used to grow HUGE basil plants every year, and did occasionally try to make her own pesto, but even she admitted it was not nearly as good as the stuff you got in jars.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:23 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://medias.micromania.fr/catalog/product/cache/1/image/620x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/t/u/tuner_digi_one.jpg

No DVR unlike PlayTV but you can pause/rewind live TV. Seems to work ok with an indoor aerial, most channels are fine except Dave* Crying or Very sad

*could probably fix it by fiddling with the aerial but I've got it setup just so with my freeview box.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:26 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I've transmogrified into a dyed-in-the-wool Italian mamma when it comes to the production of authentic spaghetti sauces*

*you will never find a jar of Dolmio "bolognese" sauce in this house Shocked This family rarely ever has anything other than tins of tomatoes, tubes of puree or jars/boxes of passata. Only pesto gets bought in jars, as its too technical to get the perfect strength Laughing The MiL used to grow HUGE basil plants every year, and did occasionally try to make her own pesto, but even she admitted it was not nearly as good as the stuff you got in jars.

Can't see the point in those ready-made sauces. Hardly any quicker or easier than just making your own, and a darn sight more expensive.

My own recipe Bolognese sauce is hardly traditional. I use oregano, and the secret ingredient is a dash of celery salt. Secret... Doh!
Wish I could find somewhere to get good quality Italian sausages though. Got a couple of recipes I want to try with that.

I tried pesto once...didn't like it. Long while ago though, so might have to give it another shot. Can't remember what recipe I used it in though. I get bored with basil easily.
Gimme spices!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:35 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of the Loyd Grossman range of sauces. Check the label next time you're in the shops. All ingredients you
could buy in the suermarket, no fancy chemicals or additives and they are often on promotion in Tesco for a pound a jar.

I could make my own , but I wouldn't make anything that tastes much better than the ones in his range so why bother?
I especially like the tomato and chilli, classic chilli, bolognese with extra garlic and his madras and tikka curry sauces.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I occasionally use a jar of Sharwood's sweet and sour or oyster sauce for a stir fry, but even with those, I'll add a dash of soy sauce and seasoning to the mix.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:42 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Can't see the point in those ready-made sauces. Hardly any quicker or easier than just making your own, and a darn sight more expensive.

My own recipe Bolognese sauce is hardly traditional. I use oregano, and the secret ingredient is a dash of celery salt. Secret... Doh!
Wish I could find somewhere to get good quality Italian sausages though. Got a couple of recipes I want to try with that.

I tried pesto once...didn't like it. Long while ago though, so might have to give it another shot. Can't remember what recipe I used it in though. I get bored with basil easily.
Gimme spices!

Note to self: buy celery salt.
I was having a phase of thinking about celery-flavouring, and was contemplating attempting some kind of celery stock. But celery salt may well be an important future purchase.

I lurve pesto. It is an acquired taste, though, innit.
Like capers.
Or oysters. Still not got the hang of them.

When I have eaten an oyster and enjoyed it, I shall know I have truly become a grown up.

Can you not have them shipped in from Fratelli Camisa or something? (are they even still around, I rarely go down Berwick Market these days)

Someone on here, some uber foodie type, has tried making their own sausage. Was it ChrisRed?

hellkat
currently eating crystallised ginger because (a) making ginger yoghurt; (b) stonedtoasted-as

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:47 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only funny like that about Italian sauces.

I happily buy oyster sauce (but not eat oysters, lol, mad) or other ready-made other culture sauces.

But I've been indoctrinated into the ways of Italian saucemaking from scratch.

Have attempted sweet and sour, that's pretty easy, any fule know how make dat.

Once made a blinding curry from scratch, shocked myself at how good it was. But am happy to go with Pataks.

Similarly, though, if I use a ready-cooked sauce, I tend to fire in some of my own other ingredients to lift it. I rarely just bung in meat, bung in sauce and heat.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Note to self: buy celery salt.
I was having a phase of thinking about celery-flavouring, and was contemplating attempting some kind of celery stock. But celery salt may well be an important future purchase.

I lurve pesto. It is an acquired taste, though, innit.
Like capers.
Or oysters. Still not got the hang of them.

When I have eaten an oyster and enjoyed it, I shall know I have truly become a grown up.

Can you not have them shipped in from Fratelli Camisa or something? (are they even still around, I rarely go down Berwick Market these days)

Someone on here, some uber foodie type, has tried making their own sausage. Was it ChrisRed?

hellkat
currently eating crystallised ginger because (a) making ginger yoghurt; (b) stonedtoasted-as

Go easy on the celery salt in bolognese. I don't use enough to really taste it in strength, but find it rounds out the overall flavour nicely. I always know if I've forgotten to put it in.

Never eaten an oyster in my life, but I love oyster sauce in Chinese cooking.

Didn't like pesto, capers or anchovies. Somewhat limits my Italian menu Rolling Eyes

No way I'd ever get around to making my own sausages...too damned lazy for that (well, you gotta draw the line somewhere).

I love to experiment with spice combinations for Indian and Mediterranean styles. And mixing spices like cumin and coriander with citrus fruits and chillies... Drooling

Last edited by chickenstrip on 13:51 - 29 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:50 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red pesto or GTFO of the kitchen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:54 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Red pesto or GTFO of the kitchen.

Is there that much difference? I think it was green I tried.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:55 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red pesto on buttered toast. Do it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:10 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Red pesto on buttered toast. Do it.

Sounds like a painless way to try it. Tis on the shopping list Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:48 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the money is finally running out, I've been looking for cheap recipes. Tried a couple for bean casserole*, starting with a Jamie Oliver (annoying twat) recipe, but he used way too many flavourings that all competed and just tasted Puke

So I resorted to my mum's BBQ sauce recipe. But I threw in too many chilli flakes. It's kinda hot Shocked

*"What's that?"

"It's bean casserole."

"I didn't ask what it's been, what is it now?"Dance!

On topic Smile
Front EBC HH's. One pad worn to limits, the rest still with mileage on them, though not a great deal. Hope I don't need to start replacing seals - feckin things must be made of unobtanium judging by today's prices Sad

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just waiting for the legalities to go through but offer accepted. So pretty certain it's a done deal. My first house; 2 bed semi with a garage. Although tempted at removing said garage in the future and replace with brick.

https://image.ibb.co/gHM3N5/house.png

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:17 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Mr. Green

TheSmiler wrote:
Just waiting for the legalities to go through but offer accepted. So pretty certain it's a done deal.

Hopefully it does all go smoothly but lots of things can and do wrong with many house sales between an offer being accepted and completion. It's not a done deal until you've got the keys. Sad

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:23 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Cool. Mr. Green

Hopefully it does all go smoothly but lots of things can and do wrong with many house sales between an offer being accepted and completion. It's not a done deal until you've got the keys. Sad

Think the only major problem I have is that bascially as I've split my time between my mothers and my uncles for the moment I've got nothing to prove I'm in care of this address. Which is going to cause a nightmare on the identity checks. Speaking with the solicitor on monday to see how I go about that.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:32 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSmiler wrote:
Just waiting for the legalities to go through but offer accepted. So pretty certain it's a done deal. My first house; 2 bed semi with a garage. Although tempted at removing said garage in the future and replace with brick.

https://image.ibb.co/gHM3N5/house.png

That looks decent Smiler, hope it works out for you. Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:26 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Smiler.
Looking forward to the "I've got the keys!" picture.

Cool Cool
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 243 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
Page 173 of 461