Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Antidepressants make you kill.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Antidepressants make you kill. Reply with quote

SSRI Prescriptions can and will make you go stabby stabby shooty shooty on people!

"Interesting" watch.

Panorama

Warning: Contains Americans talking!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:24 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shelley Joffre clearly believes she has found the journalistic mother load with her lazy antagonism of the pharmaceutical industry, and the BBC laps it up. Unfortunately the licence-and non-licence-paying plebs are only too keen to blame "Big Pharma" for their perceived woes.
I can't help thinking that the worst you can say about the cited cases is that for some mentally ill patients the drugs don't work.

https://www.newsweek.com/bbc-panorama-antidepressants-murder-james-holmes-642068
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Shelley Joffre clearly believes she has found the journalistic mother load with her lazy antagonism of the pharmaceutical industry, and the BBC laps it up. Unfortunately the licence-and non-licence-paying plebs are only too keen to blame "Big Pharma" for their perceived woes.
I can't help thinking that the worst you can say about the cited cases is that for some mentally ill patients the drugs don't work.

https://www.newsweek.com/bbc-panorama-antidepressants-murder-james-holmes-642068

To be honest, My immediate reaction to this is how dangerous and irresponsible a program like this is. A lot of people genuinely needing antidepressants, will look at this and worry. I dont mean the 1000s of people that are having a bit of a rough patch and immediately shout depression, but the people with genuine mental illness. Worse still, there are many people suffering with paranoia etc that are reluctant to take medication at the best of times, this will only strengthen their thoughts to stop taking medications.

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Tracer1234 on 19:00 - 27 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:38 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like killing and I'm not on SSRIs. HELP!

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:06 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correlation does not equal causation, and single anecdotes don't cut it as scientific evidence.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:28 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

Block Bodyguards posts, you're welcome.

Or you could start taking SSRIs and then you can blame them, flavour of the month n all.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

Smoke some weed.

https://buy-hash.com/

Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:31 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bank Transfer Instructions
Please transfer the total amount to the following bank account.

You can pay with international bank transfer.

Bank account number (IBAN): HU80117734630089152700000000
BIC (SWIFT): OTPVHUHB
Account holder name: Bela Both
Account holder address: Hungary, 7150 Bonyhad, Alkotmany utca 25.
Bank name: OTP Bank Zrt.
Bank address: Hungary, 1051 Budapest, Nador utca 16.

Please write your name or order id in the announcement of the transaction.

Your order will not ship until we receive payment.

Laughing

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:01 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the point of THC free Hashish?
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:01 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would make me kill?
Difficult to quantify, there are so many good reasons out there.

I've struggled with staying away from the antidepressent route, tried a few, I dislike That Me even more than I like the unmedicated me.

Unmedicated, so far, I have managed to stop myself from murdering several people who have displeased me.

But medicated ... I'd have much less control over myself. I'd use it as an excuse and go fucking postal.

Uh uh, not this chickie.
Hand

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:32 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rider: I might have taken ZX-7R's advice ...

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:46 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Correlation does not equal causation, and single anecdotes don't cut it as scientific evidence.

Marjay, speak English, boy.
That sentence is written in physics, and the dog ate my log book tables thingie.

And run me a bath of asses milk whilst you're at it.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:59 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/f4458f48-787f-4159-9d1b-5ae212e108b8
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/aurora_shooting

"When left alone with paper bags on his hands to secure forensic evidence, he’s caught on camera using them to talk to one another, like sock puppets." Laughing

"The public defender appointed to represent Holmes wanted Healy to evaluate whether the antidepressant sertraline (also known as Lustral in the UK and Zoloft in the US), which Holmes had been prescribed, could have played a role in the mass murder."

Thinking

https://i.imgur.com/xhEh15l.png

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:02 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Antidepressants make you kill." Well, if it cheers you up... Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:10 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
MarJay wrote:

Marjay, speak English, boy.
That sentence is written in physics, and the dog ate my log book tables thingie.

And run me a bath of asses milk whilst you're at it.

Scientific method. Basically a single anecdote does not equal evidence. Also, you can correlate things which are causally unrelated. You could for example correlate the rise in violent crime in the USA with the rise in peanut butter sales. It doesn't mean that peanut butter causes violent crime.

In this case this may be an effect rather than a cause. The guy was mentally disturbed, therefore he may have been predisposed to violence without showing any outward sign. Perhaps the increase in anti depressant prescription followed his increased psychotic behaviour rather than caused it (in fact, I'd say that was far more likely).

In the same way it's possible to prove a correlation between sun cream use and skin cancer... it doesn't mean the sun cream causes skin cancer, it just means that people who stay out in the sun are both more likely to use sun cream and to get skin cancer.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjay, dearest.

I am on Stoner Defcon 2.

I shall return to your undoubtedly academic discussion of the matter when I have become capable of walking to the kitchen without the aid the sunshine, the moonlight, or the boogeying in my slippers.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:09 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
You could for example correlate the rise in violent crime in the USA with the rise in peanut butter sales. It doesn't mean that peanut butter causes violent crime.

Definitely a factor though.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:27 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of correlation does not mean causation, I like this website: https://tylervigen.com/page?page=1

The number of motorcycle riders in America killed in collisions with pedestrians or animals correlates with Apple iPhone sales.

The number of motorcycle riders in America killed in collisions with stationary objects correlates with the amount of Uranium America imports.

The amount of military defense spending in the UK correlates with the number of people killed by misusing a lawnmower in America.

The number of visitors to Disneyland Paris correlates with the revenue from Russian commercial space launches.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:30 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any statistics on the number of motorcycle riders killed at Disneyland Paris as a result of attempting vehicular murder of a large plastic-faced animal using its Apple iPhone?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:52 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've got many statistics.

My statistics say that there's a strong correlation between the frequency of stupid questions and the quantity of weed you've smoked. Razz

Now that's correlation and causation.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 262 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1