Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:48 - 05 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which 125 4 stroke have you got?

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:07 - 05 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullet3200 wrote:
a friend of mine who owns his own bike store and bike repair shop and he has took my bike apart and says the engine does have a restrictior

What shop?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:28 - 06 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullet3200 wrote:
I have a 4 stroke 125cc with a restrictor as a friend of mine who owns his own bike store and bike repair shop and he has took my bike apart and says the engine does have a restrictior

Tell your friend Vinny to remove it from - let me guess - your Chinese 125: it still won't make more than 11kW.

bullet3200 wrote:
as am not 24 yet to go for my A2 licence

Whoa.

At 23, you can get A2, a restricted license that lets you ride bikes with any engine size making up to 35kW and not restricted down from a bike making more than 70kW. To get that, you need to sit your tests on a bike of at least 395cc and between 20kW and 35kW.

At 24 you can get A, an unrestricted license. You need to sit the tests on a bike of at least 595cc and 40kW.

bullet3200 wrote:
I need to know if am able to go in for my mod 1&2 for the A1 licence

Yes. A1 is sat on a 125cc bike up to 11kW and capable of at least 90kph. You can book it yourself online. But A1 is a license to ride a 125cc bike making up to 11kW, i.e. what you've got.

bullet3200
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:07 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry my bike is a suzuki DR 125 SM not a Chinese copy I do know what type of bike to completely avoid and thd shop is called BDS Motorcycles and the reason he knows that the restrictior is there is cause I need to get a new exhaust as the original didnt have the bracket anymore as previous owner didnt take care of her as am trying to plus it had a big long crack in the pipe just behind injector and my friend did me a huge favour and helped me get a new one to put on I asked him to check for a restrictior nd as I keep saying on the back of my license it says AM 20.11.13 19.06.62 122 and nothing for A1 or A2 then A 19.01.13 19.06.62 79(tri) I looked up what the tri bit is and that basically mean the CBT and of course I also have the B1 and B parts plus fkpq
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:43 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullet3200 wrote:
Sorry my bike is a suzuki DR 125 SM

The engine on the DR is gutless (the 12 horsepowers seem to be ponies) and the exhaust may very well be constricted. Throw a straight through pipe on it if you like, but it's not going to start making more than 11kW/15hp.

bullet3200 wrote:
on the back of my license it says AM

Moped entitlement. I'm not sure how you ended up with that non-provisionally.

bullet3200 wrote:
A 19.01.13 19.06.62 79(tri)

"Tricycle." Because you had category B, when the new licensing regime started on 19/01/2013 you got trike entitlement grandfathered in.

The situation remains:

You can sit the tests on your 125 and get an A1 license to ride that exact same bike. All that it adds is entitlement to remove the L plates and use motorways and take a pillion passenger.

Or you can sit the tests on a 395cc+ 20-35kW bike and get an A2 license to ride anything making up to 35kW and if restricted, not originally making more than 70kW.

Or you can wait until you hit 24 and do the full A license.

bullet3200
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:02 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right so with that in mind should I pay for lessons or go straight in for the test for the A2 then as I cant wait till am 24 to do the unrestricted license as am needing a bigger bike for longer journeys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Watford Chav
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:53 - 04 Oct 2016    Post subject: thanks for the info Reply with quote

im new to biking.. there seems to be so much to learn.. and get... but im so glad I took the time to read some of the brilliant posts on here first.

Thank you for all taking the time to explain in depth the ins and outs of it all...

cant wait to get my own first bike and all the gear..

Darkstar82
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:15 - 23 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to the original poster, this was both informative and hilarious.
ISHANLEE2017 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:09 - 01 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISHANLEE2017 wrote:
My name is Ishan Lee

https://i.imgur.com/tK8eXLf.png

Your survey is bad and you should feel bad.

Luckily BCF is the most helpful bike forum on the whole internet so I'm sure you'll get lots of people giving useful answers to your survey.

Do you like rainpal?

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 01 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISHANLEE2017 wrote:
Hi Guys,

My name is Ishan Lee and I am a post-graduate student at the University of Leeds. I am conducting a research on factors affecting consumer's buying behaviour of motorcycling gear in India and in the UK.
As a fellow motorcyclist, I was keen on studying the differences in these two markets. Please help by completing this questionnaire, which will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. All the information provided will be treated confidentially and used only for the academic purposes. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
LINK: https://goo.gl/forms/6FXnmxNL61wcsAOJ3

A number of irrelevant questions also. Boo. Thumbs Down

feedtalefive
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:49 - 04 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have loved that info when i was learning, the only critisism is that its so complicated to get into biking, other than that i love it.
befonoy44 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8