mod 2 woes!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

anthony_r6
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 31 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulington wrote:
I will say this now, but three Module 2s is £225 if they are all done on weekdays.

For that price, you could have had a day or two's training PLUS the text included in the price with a training school where you are infinitely more likely to pass first time. Going into a test where you have never ridden in the rain is stupendous.

As for the wait between tests, when you aren't at work and you have your own motorcycle, go out practicing! If not and you have a car, practice in that or just go over it again and again in your head until it's second nature.

I wish you the best of luck with this one, but if you do fail your third Module 2 I would highly suggest booking a day of Module 2 training with a Motorcycle Riding School with the test booked at the end of the day through them, you will learn so much in one day that you don't even think about now, I'd guarantee it.

There is a reason motorcycle schools are there, so you can spend money on training and then pass first/second time rather than trying to teach yourself/get used to it with no riding other than the test/your riding and no professional instruction.

This is not meant to be a negative post, but spend smart, not more. Good luck with your test! Thumbs Up!

While I agree there is a place for the schools, I personally don't feel like I need them. When I took my CBT I was struggling to get to grips with it. When I got my own bike two weeks later I picked it up very quickly, and have been riding since without incident (Involving another vehicle anyway!). I felt prepared for my Mod 2 and made a stupid mistake, the second time my indicator had an issue. Both times I would've passed had I made slight adjustments (something I replayed over and over, that drives me nuts).

When it comes to the test I feel like I'm doing everything to put on a show. I am always looking around while riding, I do my checks and never fail to indicate, but on the Mod 2 it just feels out of place and awkward. I consider myself a sensible and competent rider and I'm going to pass on my own ability. Once I've done that, I'll likely take some advanced training. Nobody is responsible for me failing, but me.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 31 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are nervous already then Rescue Remedy is your friend, helped to calm my nerves enough for me to pass my test with two minors Thumbs Up

Daytona Paul
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:53 - 31 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain shouldn't be a problem, you lose approx 20% grip in the wet. Keep everything smooth and maintain the speed limit, if safe to do so, and jobs a good un Wink

footlong8
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:28 - 01 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

no more woes!!! PASSED!

CANNOT WAIT to buy a bike.... so what shall it be?

il be commuting into london every day... about 70 miles in total per day. but i want to have a bit of fun on the weekends too. any suggestions?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:55 - 01 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha haaaa! Nice one.

Lincolnshire Jock
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:56 - 02 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Laughing Thumbs Up

Well done fella - now there is one thing less to worry about.

Just the hassle of deciding what to spend your money on eh?
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 6 years between these two posts...

mlpbike
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:45 - 01 Aug 2017    Post subject: MOD2 fail Reply with quote

Hi. I'm the same as you. Really gutted now.

I failed the first time because I was turning right at lights at a cross roads and cars were turning from opposite as well.

I waited until there was a gap and started to turn when some twat taxi driver flew round from a side street turning left without looking. We both stopped but instructor failed me for causing him to stop.

He then gave me minors for being over cautious after that incident!!??!

My second test was worse as I just went to jelly with nerves and kept stalling, (which I never do). Really fed up as it was purely nerves.

Both tests have been in pissing rain too which I hate, booked back in for end of August as determined it won't beat me, but really fed up at the moment!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:23 - 01 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your observations could use some work as well.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:11 - 01 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: MOD2 fail Reply with quote

kudos for using the search function but you probably should have just made your own post for this one Very HappyVery Happy

mlpbike
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:09 - 01 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, fair do's on both comments. Didn't really know what I was doing. And didn't see the 6 yr gap.

Just looking around for tips on chilling out on Mod2 - why is it I can ride 45 mins to test centre with no problems at all, then go to pieces on test? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:59 - 01 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: MOD2 fail Reply with quote

mlpbike wrote:
We both stopped but instructor failed me for causing him to stop.
!

He did no fail you, you failed you, he just told you how you done it.

We've noticed that no one ever fails their test, Its always the examiner. Pass your test and its all "yeah I passed," Fail and "examiner failed me!"

No he didnt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mlpbike
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:40 - 01 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know. Cheers

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:21 - 02 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit up your doctor for beta-blockers.

mlpbike
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:27 - 02 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! Might do that 😂😂

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:07 - 02 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way someone explained it to me was - don't give the examiner a reason to fail you - do that and you should be ok Very Happy

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:54 - 02 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlpbike wrote:
Haha! Might do that 😂😂

It's an (unusually) serious suggestion.

https://www.drivejohnsons.co.uk/2014/10/beta-blockers-for-driving-test/

Davemc37
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 02 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

footlong8 wrote:
no more woes!!! PASSED!

il be commuting into london every day... about 70 miles in total per day. but i want to have a bit of fun on the weekends too. any suggestions?

Footling I passed my test two weeks back and have a similar commute to London. I bought a Suzuki vstrom as it was one of 6 bikes on my list and among one appeared for sale just down the road from me the day after I passed my test. It was fated but having said that I wish fate had chosen a bike I could get more than my tiptoes down on the ground from.

The worst thing though is I'm on summer hols now with wife kids and no bike in Provence and I keep looking at all the roads thinking about how much fun the bike would be.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:46 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davemc37 wrote:
footlong8 wrote:
no more woes!!! PASSED!

Footling I passed my test two weeks back and have a similar commute to London. I bought a Suzuki vstrom as it was one of 6 bikes on my list and among one appeared for sale just down the road from me the day after I passed my test. It was fated but having said that I wish fate had chosen a bike I could get more than my tiptoes down on the ground from.

The worst thing though is I'm on summer hols now with wife kids and no bike in Provence and I keep looking at all the roads thinking about how much fun the bike would be.

I'm not sure but I think he might have already had a bike (or few) in the 6 years he has passed , so your advice might be wasted ! Very HappyVery Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 266 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2