BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Next bike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

MattyNI
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:42 - 12 Aug 2017    Post subject: Next bike? Reply with quote

Well guys, after owning my 2014 Street Triple R for about a year and a half it got stolen this week Sad Sad Sad

I loved the bike but I do not see the point in buying the exact same year/bike/colour again if that even makes sense. So I have narrowed my bike search down to two bikes and would like any advice on both you all might have?

The first option is an MT09.

The second option is to get the new Street Triple RS.

My bike gets a lot of use mainly for commuting and weekend fun, I do also have a trip to France planned for September. Basically I am looking for an all rounder. I have done no track days but wouldn't rule it out in the future.

Banging my head against the wall trying to figure out which one to go for so any advice would be great!

Cheers

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:11 - 12 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww. Sad

I hate to ask, but have you sorted your security? If it was stolen from your home, they'll know fine well that there will be a replacement there in a few weeks.

MattyNI
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:03 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, security at home is fine but thanks for the heads up. 6 people took it in the middle of Belfast city centre in broad daylight at rush hour, and when police arrived they were more interested in questioning about it rather than looking for it...

Confused

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:12 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind the style is worth testing the tracer as well as the standard mt09. I don't think it loses much of the hooligan factor but adds more touring niceties. MT10 also worth a look.

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:45 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kraggem wrote:
If you don't mind the style is worth testing the tracer as well as the standard mt09. I don't think it loses much of the hooligan factor but adds more touring niceties. MT10 also worth a look.

A strange quirk of Yamaha is that the nutcase of the MT range has cruise control for touring and the Tracer 900, the fun tourer doesn't.

If you're looking at the ST RS then the MT-10 has to be on the test ride list as its not that much more, you dont get that fancy dash though. Just a big clear LCD and crossplane noises.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:46 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered a TDM cough I mean KTM990 SMT?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Analogkid
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:52 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much love round here for the Daytona 675R?

Best looking bike Triumph make, if I could have another bike to complement my FJR, I'd love one in white!

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much as I like the idea of a Daytona 675 they are a quite focused bike with the track very much in mind. You can commute and tour on one but there's better options unless the riding position really suits you.
They're a great bike but I don't like being scrunched up like a jockey and I put too much weight on my arms, felt like it was going to snap my thumbs off.

Alex A
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:04 - 14 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: Next bike? Reply with quote

MattyNI wrote:
Banging my head against the wall trying to figure out which one to go for so any advice would be great!

Advice #1 - Test ride them.

Advice #2 - Buy the Triumph. It's not even close.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 250 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1