Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Need to move up.. DAS?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

onlyJaz
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:44 - 15 Aug 2017    Post subject: Need to move up.. DAS? Reply with quote

I really do, 125cc just isn't cutting it for my commute into Central London from North London. Once I'm into central London, I keep up with any bike because of the constant start/stop but it's the 12-14 miles of A-roads before that where I feel the void. Knowing that 99% of vehicles I'm sharing this road with are faster than me and I pretty much have to keep up with the flow of traffic as my bike doesn't go any faster. I think a 400-600cc will be comfortable enough for my commute and pulling away from cars/awkward situations with relative ease.

Okay now my question - I want to do a DAS but unfortunately finances aren't looking great for the next 6 months at the least so that's literally the only barrier to me getting a full license right now. What riding schools would you guys recommend in London and roughly what costs am I looking at for the DAS, all in?

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:50 - 15 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel ya, I did the same kind of thing for a good while on a 125, down the A10 into London. The 125 was fine in town, but yeah the A roads part was a pain, having to thrash the shit out of it to keep in flow of traffic.

https://www.1stopinstruction.com/

I did mine with these guys, they are pretty well priced and decent people.

TheArchitect
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 15 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some DAS schools allow you to pay in installments. Or wait a couple of months as I think package prices drop a bit during the winter months.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 246 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1