Got a super-sport and I hate it.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:07 - 17 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
Some of us have a few years on that and are still proud of our striples Laughing

Myself included.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rubyhorse2
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:10 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not get KTM Adventure 1190, comfort of the GS but has some fun factor with the engine...no brainer if you ask me

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:05 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

That is a bike that a 25 year old should be proud to own.

And a 15 year old would be proud to steal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:31 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
And a 15 year old would be proud to steal.

Yeah, there is that...

Big eff off lock then I guess.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:54 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Big eff off lock then I guess.

Memphis Raynes wrote:

https://memeshappen.com/media/created/look-before-it-is-gone-in-sixty-seconds-meme-53015.jpg

barrkel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adventure bikes (that stay on road) are for car drivers who want a bike. What they actually want is a powerful scooter, but they can't go that far, so a torquey bike with plenty of panniers is perceived to be the manliest alternative.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:17 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrkel wrote:
Adventure bikes (that stay on road) are for car drivers who want a bike. What they actually want is a powerful scooter, but they can't go that far, so a torquey bike with plenty of panniers is perceived to be the manliest alternative.

A slightly less racist reason might be wanting a bike with: an unscrunched riding position; decent suspension travel because our roads become less roadlike every year; a screen and a bit of upper fairing for weather protection; lower running costs than a sportsbike and less to break in a drop.

In my case, it was also because it came factory lowered, so it's a short tall bike.

Adventure is the new UJM.

Although if you insist on commuting with your full Touratech enwideners on, I'll grant you that's foggitry. Wink

barrkel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:42 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
decent suspension travel because our roads become less roadlike every year

I'll grant that this counts as off-road, ok? Smile

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:55 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

A slightly less racist reason might be wanting a bike with: an unscrunched riding position; decent suspension travel because our roads become less roadlike every year; a screen and a bit of upper fairing for weather protection; lower running costs than a sportsbike and less to break in a drop.

Apart from the lower running costs, which are hurrdehuurr on the KTM Laughing I'd take my 990 as a road bike over any sportsbike thou. I don't care whether they're faster, the KTM is more adept at a broader range of circumstances and I bloody heart it.

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:51 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
Some of us have a few years on that and are still proud of our striples Laughing

Some of us miss our triples... Sad

Did you ever buy another baffle? Or is that badass SC project happily waking neighbours still? Laughing

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:50 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacon wrote:
vice wrote:

Some of us miss our triples... Sad

Did you ever buy another baffle? Or is that badass SC project happily waking neighbours still? Laughing

I had a test ride on Street Triple and I had mixed feelings - that was 2 years ago. But now I find myself less interested in sport bikes and I stare at naked and retro bikes more than before. In example today I sat on Street Cup and talked a lot about Thruxton which sadly was not on Triumph display during National Bikesafe & Open Roads Show today. I've clearly caught the ghey Wink

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have another, but I'd want a round light version (original one), mainly so it's cheaper! Only thing that made me sell my 13 street triple R was that it was too nice tbh. It's the newest bike I've ever owned, I was worried about getting it dirty constantly!

So a first gen, tatty street triple would be ideal for me, haha
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:40 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
pig hog wrote:

Yet to get laid as a direct result of motorcycling.

Back in my early 20's my RG500 helped me see the aerobics instructor from my gym for a few months.She had a license and her last bike was an old slabbie 1100.She was driving an RS Turbo though at the time.

We got talking about bikes and it went from there.

I think I missed the one chance I might've had due to bikes many years ago. I was at the Green Gate, aka Oscar's, for the rock disco, on my GPz Turbo, and one of the hottest-looking chicks asked for a ride pillion on it. She really was knock-out, tall, slim and pretty. Took her out on it, wheelies, traffic light GP etc. I think she liked it, but I was quite shy at the time (don't think much has changed on that score), and I didn't try to 'explore' the situation Rolling Eyes
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

adam277
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:40 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've considered the triple its a great bike would have to get an old one though due to high theft rate in my area.

Dunno how you compare the GS to a car I've never driven a 1200 but my old 1150 was great. It could corner well and had a ton of torque.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3