Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 278, 279, 280 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:35 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say you did well not to squash him (her?)

Agree we should share the road - it steal it. Espescially if we can be potatoed!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:47 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take the piss ALL the time when on my bikes, and at least now I have a bit more understanding of the fact that AL drivers are strongly encouraged to go for further training to make them better drivers.

My issue in general is with the sort of motorcyclist (which this one was) that think they are NEVER in the wrong, and that the universally hated minicab drivers will be the ones to take the flak. Not Jen, uh uh, not this chicky, this old fishwife who was a motorcyclist LONG before she was a minicab driver and will give anyone on a bike a bit of verbal if they were even remotely in the wrong, when I wasn't (and I'm not saying its impossible I would be, but I won't take the flak for something when I haven't done anything wrong, just cos I am a member of a hated profession). Indeed, possibly a motorcyclist longer than some riders were even born/out of primary school Rolling Eyes

Still ... if I was on my bike, I'd prolly still abuse minicab drivers too (but perhaps I might abuse AL drivers much less than I used to ... now that I know how much effort AL puts into giving their drivers decent training) Shifty Laughing

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well .... as long as you have learned you were wrong and you are willing to learn from it....

👍

Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:53 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah cos if my window had been down and he had heard me call him a fucking dickhead wanker cunt, he would have had to stop and have words, and THEN it would have all kicked off Laughing

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obvs last post was a joke Smile

Other bikers wind me up sometimes as well, but going back to our "risk" conversation the other day...

I was sat on a country lane the other day queueing for a set of lights, double white lines - really thin roads, side entrances for farm shops / fields / high hedges either side etc. and a motorcyclist came tootling past in the oncoming lane without a care in the world. 10 minutes later I was directly behind him (her)

He (she) made imo a very risky move for no gain. Probably pissing off several cagers on the way.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:04 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all do it.
We all think we're invincible.
Until we're not.

Then we try and blame someone (anyone) else Laughing

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
We all do it.
Until we're not.

I blame the government. 😂

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:13 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rear shock popped on the scoot today, depositing its oil onto the exhaust and rear tyre. A pain but an easily fixed one.
However, I was riding it down to the local bike training place for my wife to renew her CBT entitlement on at the time.
So she's on a school scoot today. That's what's most annoying about this. We did an hour and a half on it last night
and ironed out a few bad habits, and today she's on a 'strange' bike and I know she will make a big song and dance
about that in her own head and it will affect her confidence. Her Dad is also doing CBT with her today on a geared 125 so
at least she'll have some moral support there at least.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:04 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Being sent unsolicited adverts for "retirement" living.

Been getting them for years. I keep sending them back with "No Old Women live here yet!!" written on the front of the plastic Laughing

There's your problem... including "yet" is just encouraging them to keep going Cool

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:12 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
hellkat wrote:
We all do it.
Until we're not.

I blame Brexit. 😂

FTFY Thumbs Up
God-given excuse for everything. The paradox is, it has made life so much easier, having such a brilliant, all-encompassing scapegoat.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:39 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got back to playing guitar, ... and it's not like riding a bicycle and you do forget how to play. Thumbs Down

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:54 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Got back to playing guitar, ... and it's not like riding a bicycle and you do forget how to play. Thumbs Down

I've found I don't forget entirely, just get rusty, and it takes a little while for it to come back. Obviously, the more you've played something, the more retention you'll have after a lay-off.

What does annoy me is that if you do leave it alone for a while, the strings are always like rusty barbed wire when you come back to it. Why can't they invent everlasting guitar strings?!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:23 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

I've found I don't forget entirely, just get rusty, and it takes a little while for it to come back. Obviously, the more you've played something, the more retention you'll have after a lay-off.

What does annoy me is that if you do leave it alone for a while, the strings are always like rusty barbed wire when you come back to it. Why can't they invent everlasting guitar strings?!

My strings are always nice and shiny, I use a string cleaner/lubricant always after I'm done playing. It preserves the strings and makes them last longer and ''faster''. Faster in terms of you may slide your fingers on them easily.
I use something called GHS Fast-Fret, but anything as such would do, I suppose.

My only issue with strings, or rather my fingers, is that after not playing my guitar for several weeks/months, my fingers get soft again. The E and B strings really hurt my fingers now.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:32 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wipe them down after use, and use Fast Fret. But I get very sweaty hands when playing, and they always seem to rust if left for any time, no matter how thoroughly I clean them after.

The only answer to the thing about losing the calluses is don't stop playing, but I get the same. I hate it too, when you play a lot and the calluses get hard bits which catch on the strings, and then eventually peel off altogether, so you have to start from scratch, even if you haven't stopped playing for a while. If you play blues, with all the string bending, it really gets to be a problem sometimes. I think people who play professionally often use various methods to keep the finger tips hardened, but it's always going to be a problem for the casual player.

Oh yeah...the Fast Fret has always dried out by the time I get back to playing again Evil or Very Mad Laughing

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car drivers that honk when you over take, had two today the soppy twats.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRZ4Hunned wrote:
Car drivers that honk when you over take, had two today the soppy twats.

You need something faster than the speed of sound.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I wipe them down after use, and use Fast Fret. But I get very sweaty hands when playing, and they always seem to rust if left for any time, no matter how thoroughly I clean them after.

Oh yeah...the Fast Fret has always dried out by the time I get back to playing again Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Time for some ACF50, then. Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:19 - 21 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman in the Wowcher ad.

"Click that deal!" ... Argh.

Please let me smash her face and her silly loud growly fake American voice into the ground.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:29 - 21 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Please let me smash her face ...... into the ground.

I tend to favour a shovel in my illusory violence, swinging from behind the shoulders, ending with a crunching splat as the face caves and the low ring (poooooon) that only a nice steel shovel can give.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:35 - 21 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a go hero cyclist decided to slip stream a bus, perhaps rather cleverly, to get up the hill and round the twisty lanes to keep up momentum but left me behind because there's no overtake chances and he ruined mine by cutting across into the centre of the lane two cementers from the back of the bus. I spent the whole time waiting for the bus to stop suddenly but never did <sad face>.

Then we gets to the next roundabout and I go for a gap between cars waiting in lane 1 and the bus with its self hanging around half on the roundabout in lane 2 only for the lights to go green and I almost got squashed.

Then god knows how far down the road the cyclist hero comes back and cuts us up as the lights go green and then goes kerb side, I'd had enough.

<story over>

Oh and the dark. Can't. See. A. Bloody. Thing.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:50 - 21 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
The woman in the Wowcher ad.

"Click that deal!" ... Argh.

Please let me smash her face and her silly loud growly fake American voice into the ground.

This post is arousing.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:53 - 22 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't sleep last night, feel wrecked today.

derillius24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:22 - 22 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay buyers who submit an insultingly low 'best offer' bid and then point blank decline your counteroffer of five quid more (offered only because I want rid of the damn thing). Troll bidding? Meh.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:25 - 22 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

derillius24 wrote:
eBay buyers who submit an insultingly low 'best offer' bid and then point blank decline your counteroffer of five quid more (offered only because I want rid of the damn thing). Troll bidding? Meh.

I've listed my car on there. Its at 3300 with best offers, it was at 3900, but I need shot asap.

Someone offered 2k within 10 mins of it being posted and said 'you know its best price, please accept'

Not gonna be racist, but the 3 people that want it real bottom dollar are all apparently of the asian variety with very similar names Laughing

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 22 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw a bike that floated my boat (I know I'm looking for transits pick ups etc but right bike right price)

off all day tomorrow but taking niece to airport in the morning so wanted to look in the afternoon

sorry closed at 1 o clock on Wednesdays

ok Friday I finish at 1 could I look then

sorry closed on Friday at 1

you can visit on thurs or Tuesdays after 1

what sort of business is closed after lunch Twisted Evil
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 220 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 278, 279, 280 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 279 of 698