Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Edinburgh

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Parson
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 07:17 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorkshire Geek wrote:
Definitely nicked, hopefully the other little shit joins his mate soon.

Empathy - I've never been good at it.

Interestingly, that report says it was a BMW.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:16 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorkshire Geek wrote:

That's an entirely separate incident. You can't swing a rusty chain without hitting a 14 year old pulling wheelies in Edinburgh.

I actually don't assume that the Vertigo was stolen, or at least not directly by Wee Jimmy Krankshaft. It's not the sort of bike that would be left out where casual theft is likely to occur.

derillius24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:33 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

spottedtango wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Praying that the pillion is taken by God as well. Praying

A bit harsh mate. 14 is a young and stupid age. Plenty of people make stupid decisions during their teenage years.

I disagree entirely. When I was 14 (and I'm only 27 now, this isn't a reference back t'good old days circa 1890), myself and all of my friends were entirely respectful of other people and communities in which we did dwell. Even if a football went into a stranger's back garden I'd get nervous about knocking on their door simply because it involved walking on to their property.

Slapping a mate on the nose because he refused to trade you that Pokemon sticker you need to complete your book is young and stupid, stealing a bike worth thousands of pounds and riding with complete disregard for the safety of other people is another thing entirely.

If I was the car driver involved, I'd be furious about the hours of ballache phone calls to utter fuckwits that was now inevitable in getting everything sorted out. I wouldn't be losing any sleep over the little cunt who'd just smashed into my car and put my life at risk, as well as anyone else who may have been in the car with me at the time.

There was a similar death in Aberdeen recently - 16, stolen bike, pillion, both sans casque, etc. The rider died when the bike flew across a main road from a side street and hit the side of a house. In order to hit said house, he had to mount and ride across a pavement on a busy street at over 50mph. Get fucked Middle Finger

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Silver_Fox
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:26 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

One less scumbag on benefits. MOAR

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:50 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver_Fox wrote:
One less scumbag on benefits. MOAR

Your words disgust and sicken me.

It's one fewer.

Silver_Fox
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
It's one fewer.

Shirley the "scumbag" must then become "scumbags", thus rendering your point nil point? Razz

Mudshark
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:21 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14552120.Schoolboy_killed_in_Edinburgh_motorbike_accident_named_as_Brad_Williamson/

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:28 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pluralise the scumbag(s) based on the number being removed from benefits.

Thus:

One fewer scumbag on benefits.

But...

Two fewer scumbags on benefits.

Could be wrong, I'm no Shakespeare.

I see he's sadly missed by Chantelle, Chauntelle, Tia-Louise, Demi, Demi-Leigh, Courtney, other Courtney, Shannon, other Shannon, and other other Shannon.

Actual Facebook fact.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 11:31 - 13 Jun 2016; edited 1 time in total

Silver_Fox
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:31 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ar rememberest

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:00 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sergeant Brian Smith, of Edinburgh’s Road Policing Unit, said: “This collision has resulted in death of a teenage boy and our condolences are with his family at this sad time

What he should have said is " I would like to remind ALL parents that it is illegal for a 14 year old to ride a bike on the road"
As such the only investigation will be why the parents let little Brad (sweet little boy who did no wrong) ride said bike on the road and take a passanger. As such we are investigating to see if the parents responsible for his actions.

I would add I hope the other lad survives in a vegetative state and his parents sue little Brads for every penny they have got.

derillius24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:02 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I'd pluralise the scumbag(s) based on the number being removed from benefits.

Thus:

One fewer scumbag on benefits.

But...

Two fewer scumbags on benefits.

Could be wrong, I'm no Shakespeare.

I see he's sadly missed by Chantelle, Chauntelle, Tia-Louise, Demi, Demi-Leigh, Courtney, other Courtney, Shannon, other Shannon, and other other Shannon.

Actual Facebook fact.

Don't forget Tiffany who is heartbroken that he's been "tooken far to soon".

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:05 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

derillius24 wrote:

Fly high my angle.

derillius24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:10 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
derillius24 wrote:

Fly high my angle.

This made me laugh. Hard Laughing

My blood pressure in light of the shameful journalism is beginning to normalise. At least until I first read an article that describes him as a 'loveable rogue'.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:51 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

derillius24 wrote:
'loveable rogue'.

I know someone who works in the school and they called him a loveable rogue!

Also: Honestly one off the nippiest annoying wee laddies but that's what made you, you eh! Just canny get it in my head or stop thinking about you!!! Asking us all to leave you 'letters' off our fags, or when we had bevy in bottles you'd try your best to get a drink off them all and down it hahaha!!!

Jaysus, is this what Facebook is for? Sick

Albigularis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:08 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I actually don't assume that the Vertigo was stolen, or at least not directly by Wee Jimmy Krankshaft. It's not the sort of bike that would be left out where casual theft is likely to occur.

Did anywhere confirm the bike? There's also a KSR Vertigo Which looks like a much more likely candidate than a £6.5k trials bike with no seat... And the media would likely still call it a motorcycle.

On one of the STV articles I commented that was "good" that he died, as it'll be a lesson to his friends for stealing bikes. One of the family took issue with this and told me the bike wasn't stolen, so I asked them what bike it was. No reply Sad.

There are also photos of two most-likely stolen bikes on his Facebook page that I saw last night. Clicked on one of the people who commented on the photo, and there's a photo of him on a GPZ which is parked up with his mates asking if he's going to take it...

The comments on the remembrance articles are all brilliant, I'm getting fired right in Thumbs Up.

Mudshark
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:29 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Jaysus, is this what Facebook is for? Sick

I have a headache after trying to read some of that stuff, do folk just take random letters out a bag and then try and make words?

derillius24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:48 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God, no!

It's all so very predictable, so very unpalatable. The, "he woz OANLY a BOI!!!11! The meedia is PROPERGANDA. HOW can u bee so SICK?!!!!" stuff is just painful to read. I wonder if they'd be spouting the same nonsense if, instead of hitting an Aygo, he'd plouhged through a chain of hi-viz school children on a trip to the local prison (at visiting time, probably) Thinking

Pass the Lisinopril.

XBIKER
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Educate me please,

Do Scottish parents spend all their money on booze and not enough on bringing up their kids or interactive stuff with them?

I'm surprised that there's any bikes left in Scotland such is the amount of stories of kids joy riding them away every second of the day?

As a courier for 31 years,I had three bikes stolen, managing to retrieve two of them.
1. BMW 650 which broke down outside of Stirling disappeared into a van (We could see the tyre impressions) and was never seen again.
2. Came out of an office in Milton once to see two kids running down the road with the front wheel of my bike in the air as the steering lock was on. ........ they promptly dumped it in the bushes!
3. Bike vanished from my front door but was soon found stashed away behind the local lockups.

Used to see plenty of kids running around Castlemilk, Drumchapel, Easterhouse .... other schemes are available Smile ...... with bikes lacking number plates usually ending up torched, smashed up or broken for parts.

stevo as b4 wrote:
Educate me please,

Do Scottish parents spend all their money on booze and not enough on bringing up their kids or interactive stuff with them?

I brought mine up as well as I could, spending twelve years working full night-shift and full day-shift to get one daughter through Edinburgh University, married and on to a better life in America.
Just dropped £5000 (That could have bought a nice bike Crying or Very sad ) on my other daughter to enable her along with the kids and her husband to sell up and move into their dream home.

You can only offer kids advice and hope they they get it right.
Now just have to worry about how the grand children will grow up Shocked

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:52 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albigularis wrote:
There's also a KSR Vertigo Which looks like a much more likely candidate than a £6.5k trials bike with no seat... And the media would likely still call it a motorcycle.

Ah, he did have some scootay pics, but also some trail (not trial) pics. I'd have thought they'd go with "moped" for the KSR, and Scotplod say motorbike and are not saying if it was nicked or not.

I'm guessing that in Nedhead, taken without consent isn't stolen, cuz he prolly wisnae gonnae sell it or nuthin.

XBIKER
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:07 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC News............

A 14-year-old boy has died after the motorbike he was driving was in a collision with a car in Edinburgh.

DOHHH Shocked

Silver_Fox
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said Mondays were bad Mr. Green
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 68 days between these two posts...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:59 - 21 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP.

Then another bump when the back wheel went over him.

10 year old Edinburgh lad mowed down by stolen Triumph.

When will Hinckley take responsibility for their actions? Mad

Door-to-door, etc. No talk about just ramming the bams off the bikes, which is what's neding done.

Actually, blame on the Sheriffs for letting them off over and over and over again. Good to see that.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:40 - 21 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
BUMP.

Then another bump when the back wheel went over him.

10 year old Edinburgh lad mowed down by stolen Triumph.

Quote:
Triumph Daytona 650cc

675 you filthy pigs Evil or Very Mad Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:04 - 21 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

675 you filthy pigs Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Looks like it could be the 650 - a bit fat in the middle for the more angular 675. Seat unit looks wrong, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:47 - 21 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, front fairing too round and USDs on there. 650 is trash in comparison Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 243 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4