BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Memory foam matteress

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hubby is a sweaty git with memory foam and kept moaning that his back ached where he broke it. We just got a cool gel one which I hated at first but I got used to the firmness and and no longer wake up in the night screeching fucking move you sweaty bastard.

el_oso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a massively expensive tempur mattress. Honestly one of the best things I've ever bought.

I don't find it gets hot at all and our house has giant windows that span the entire width of the house, so the room gets hot, really hot. We got the harder version. Don't let the initial hardness put you off, you soon sink in.

You spend a quarter to a third of your life asleep, so to me it made sense to spend money on. We offset some of the cost of the mattress by buying a used, over engineered solid wood bedframe, none of this divan crap that starts sagging after a few years.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:05 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering you spend 1/3 of your life sleeping, I don't see why people scrimp out on mattresses....

Buy the most expensive one you can afford, and I can bet my bottom dollar you wont be taking it back after the 100 day guarantee is over.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:23 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

scorps wrote:
My hubby is a sweaty git with memory foam and kept moaning that his back ached where he broke it. We just got a cool gel one which I hated at first but I got used to the firmness and and no longer wake up in the night screeching fucking move you sweaty bastard.

If my missus gets within 10 nautical miles of me in bed I start sweating. "Oh but you are so warm it's nice". Mate, I'm gonna melt!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:06 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
Buy the most expensive one you can afford, and I can bet my bottom dollar you wont be taking it back after the 100 day guarantee is over.

I wonder if they get a lot of returns with those try our mattress offers you see on TV.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:

If my missus gets within 10 nautical miles of me in bed I start sweating. "Oh but you are so warm it's nice". Mate, I'm gonna melt!

It's a ginger thing dude, we're just so hot blooded.

We've just bought a bloody expensive iGel mattress. Hoping it's not gonna be too sweaty, but laying on it in the showroom it was hella comfy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:08 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
DrSnoosnoo wrote:

It's a ginger thing dude, we're just so hot blooded.

We've just bought a bloody expensive iGel mattress. Hoping it's not gonna be too sweaty, but laying on it in the showroom it was hella comfy.

? https://youtu.be/FxMERjt8dJk?t=58s
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 232 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2