BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BrakeFree

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:32 - 10 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is anyone close enough behind you on a motorcycle to even need to see your brake light? Unless they're racing you in which case, one would hope they're paying more than the average amount of attention.

Like indicators, I see a brake light on a sports bike as being largely redundant unless riding with other sports bikes, at which point it lets everyone else know what a pain in the arse I am for having a sneaky dab at the brake on pretty much every corner despite shouting in my head to keep my hand nailed to the throttle grip.

Must try harder BCF. If you're the fastest thing on the road, you don't need a brake light, helmet mounted or otherwise.

Also, what's it powered by? Is this someone else trying to get me to strap a lithium battery to my helmet so just when I think the crash is all over and everything's come to a stop, my head bursts into flames.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 11 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Also, what's it powered by? Is this someone else trying to get me to strap a lithium battery to my helmet so just when I think the crash is all over and everything's come to a stop, my head bursts into flames.

If you're gonna go, might as well go Ghostrider stylee.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 16 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on the givi high level brake light. Mine was an optional extra and cost a few pennies though.

How many of us show a brake light when coming off the throttle? I gather this is a thing we're supposed to do.

But batteries in/on my helmet? My Skwal was a brief novlty and a pain in the ass to keep charged. I'd rather have a lighter helmet with less shit to go wrong.

And I'd take a guess at the Cold Impact laser being really really kitten-killingly illegal, and the kind of thing that will make the popo peeved enough to take a ruler to your number plate, notice your exhaust is stamped 'not for road use' and potentially set fire to your bike on a spurious dyno test.

Stoker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:35 - 26 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strange but it's true!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:30 - 26 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorkshire Geek wrote:
I believe their point is that it only let's the person behind you know, this let's the person behind THEM know. Same principle as high level brake lights on cars.

The theory is sound...

But real life studies found that high level BRAKE lights were not the panacea they were lauded to be.

The better psychology, as mentioned by Pitts, is to ensure your own riding is up to parr.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:36 - 26 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

talkToTheHat wrote:
+1 on the givi high level brake light. Mine was an optional extra and cost a few pennies though.

How many of us show a brake light when coming off the throttle? I gather this is a thing we're supposed to do.

But batteries in/on my helmet? My Skwal was a brief novlty and a pain in the ass to keep charged. I'd rather have a lighter helmet with less shit to go wrong.

And I'd take a guess at the Cold Impact laser being really really kitten-killingly illegal, and the kind of thing that will make the popo peeved enough to take a ruler to your number plate, notice your exhaust is stamped 'not for road use' and potentially set fire to your bike on a spurious dyno test.

Before changing speed or direction one is supposed to check behind to see if there are other road users. Maybe the change will affect them. If you feel a need flick the brake light.
Other than that there is not requirement.
As like using your trafficator on an empty road to let who know that you plan to change direction.
Concentrate on riding and what's on front if nothing behind. 😎

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:08 - 27 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

talkToTheHat wrote:
How many of us show a brake light when coming off the throttle?

Do you not?

stinkwheel wrote:
Why is anyone close enough behind you on a motorcycle to even need to see your brake light?

Belatedly: so that they don't rear end you when you're sitting at a junction or lights.

Which this won't do a lot to help, unlike the cheap units (£7.47 now) that wire into the bike's brake lights (and indicators) that you could trigger by pulsing the brake lever, as I assume we all do. Whistle

To be fair, they did actually make one (1) unit and are sending out newsletters written in a fair approximation of English.

https://mailchi.mp/e7c2df71d37d/brake-free-july2017

"Fiddling with our little bits".

"Selecting a manufacturing partner" - why not just ask Manufacturing Adam which sweatshop Rainpal® has carefully selected?

And the genius part, they're still adding more stretch goals and panhandling even more money out of the mugs who donated up front. Take note, Marketing Adam. Clapping

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 09:11 - 27 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much junk can I glue to my crash helmet!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:32 - 27 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triton Thrasher wrote:
How much junk can I glue to my crash helmet!

Vlog-Kam
Rainpal Systeme MK IV
Brake-Free. https://g.co/kgs/FtG1bA
Blue Tooth Comms device
LCD Visor
Naff Stickers
Furry Tartan Ears

Not very much it seems. Sad

choogh
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 08:01 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for MCN, A BMW sticker. 🤣😂😱
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

choogh wrote:
And for MCN, A BMW sticker. 🤣😂😱

You resurrected a Spam thread for that... Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

There is a place on Random Banter for that stuff.

Joke a Day thread.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 210 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2