Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Which Genre of music has most affected your life?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 02 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Stop spamming your band Folded arms

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:36 - 02 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Crying or Very sad

https://i.imgur.com/Q3XV4HY.gif

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:43 - 02 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
So I made an effort to listen to other stuff

This approach I don't understand. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. Why try to like something you don't? To impress others? Fuck 'em.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 02 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
hellkat wrote:
So I made an effort to listen to other stuff

This approach I don't understand. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. Why try to like something you don't? To impress others? Fuck 'em.

I don't do it to impress anybody.
I do it to see if I enjoy it.
How do I know if I like it, till I listen?

I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to mostly (but not all) metal, punk, grime, opera, reggae; but checking it out has given me a wider range of stuff to appreciate, and didn't even know was out there. It's win:win for me. Who cares about other people.

If I hadn't listened to "other stuff" I would still be listening to old Elton John albums from the 70s and nothing beyond A Day at the Races - I might not have known about Hendrix, Daft Punk, Benjamin Clementine, Deadmaus or Stormzy (or indeed the Drinking Song). All of whom I rate, and most of my peers either have no idea or dismiss out of ignorance.

You should taste everything, before deciding you do not like something.

Possible exception: eating witchetty grubs and centipedes, unless absolutely starving.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 17:28 - 02 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:

When i am in Thailand i have not managed to force myself to 'taste' a ladyboy yet.

At least not to my knowledge. Confused

Why the fuck else would you be there. Give it a go.

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 09:17 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late to the party here, but that's the price for only skim-reading the forum these days.

Always been a metalhead, but for years could never quite find what it was that worked for me - my mum first introduced me to Metal as a kid, and my dad was into weird Electronica (Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream and so forth). Something in the back of my mind wanted a decent fusion of the two, and for years I searched for music that would scratch that itch. Cubanate came kinda close, as did Soundisciples, but it wasn't until I discovered the likes of The Algorithm (which led me to Progressive Metal) that I finally felt that I'd found 'it'. Progressive Metal is now very much my thing, and I've been inordinately lucky that a bunch of prog metal bands that I really like have played in Birmingham within a few months of my moving there. Definitely having something of a musical renaissance at the moment.

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal, in all its shapes and guises. I enjoy the most generic radio metal all the way through to the deepest darkest trve "vegetarian progressive grind black-core" that can only be found on a cassette tape dropped in a barn in agricultural Norway.

During my early teens I developed my own taste, as opposed to just liking/listening to anything that was playing. I was around 12 or 13 when I finally began to consciously choose what I listened to.

I rarely stray from it at all. But I do have other musical interests outside of metal.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:04 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drum and bass.

Andy C, High Contrast, Netsky,

Some beautiful nights raved out

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:47 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was about 12, I listened to Happy Hardcore. Then transitioned in to Drum n' Bass around the mid-90s (Mickey Finn Love of Life will be fondly remembered forever). Hip-hop followed and still gets listened to more than most (Blackalicious, Common Market, People Under the Stairs etc). Then I moved to Indie, Rock, Metal, Nu-Metal, Grunge and just about anything else with guitars, drums and a bass. My 'good songs' playlists has a lot of very different genres.

I've got tickets to go see Black Star (Mos Def and Talib Kweli), then the following week I am going to see Weezer and Ash at Wembley and then followed by the Subways (who I love right now.)

But above all else. The one artist who stands head and shoulders above the rest - and pretty much has an entire genre of her own - is Bjork. I've listened to every album more times than I can fathom. Seeing her at the Ally Pally blew my mind. For me (and I realise she's an acquired taste) there's nobody that even comes close to how amazing she is as a musician and artist.

Bikeless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
Rave 87 to 92.

Best music and drugs ever.

Oh yes

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classical music as that was what was played when we came into morning assembly every morning from infant school to junior school.
Later rap music came in from secondary school as thats when "gangster rap" became massive its raw angry nature was interesting.

Nothing touches me better than classical music however i prefer classical film sore music these days
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 231 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2