2006 Daytona 675 for Short Asses?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:53 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Springbok_Rider wrote:

And once I get the SC carbon exhausts on it, it'll sound ace too.

Nice bike, they sound even better if the cat and "exup" fall out Wink and they can be adjusted with TuneECU so no need to shell out for a Bazzaz/dynojet

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. DaveJPS wrote:
Springbok_Rider wrote:

And once I get the SC carbon exhausts on it, it'll sound ace too.

Nice bike, they sound even better if the cat and "exup" fall out Wink and they can be adjusted with TuneECU so no need to shell out for a Bazzaz/dynojet

Good point, I remapped mine easy enough. Fairly nerve racking as it was my first time and I didnt want to end up with an expensive paper weight.

https://s20.postimg.org/eem0qs899/FB_IMG_1498182204526.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Springbok_Rider
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:38 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Interesting tips on the TuneEcu - though I'll hold off on messing around with the exup and mapping just yet!

Already poor. Just ordered Grip Spec tank pads, new gold adjustable levers, and the SC exhausts below - and so it begins...

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=100232

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:05 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Springbok_Rider wrote:
Thanks. Interesting tips on the TuneEcu - though I'll hold off on messing around with the exup and mapping just yet!

Already poor. Just ordered Grip Spec tank pads, new gold adjustable levers, and the SC exhausts below - and so it begins...

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=100232

The remap for the arrows was free, as was the software. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Springbok_Rider
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:13 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently this may not need a remap or power commander but I could be wrong. That's what they say on their website, but I have a feeling it once had a pair of aftermarket exhausts looking at the connections from the originals so it could already have been remapped. I'll have to see how it runs after I install the exhaust.

What I do like is the burbling/backfire on roll off from the example videos which is what I had with the Ducati, but then I disabled the exhaust valve on that as well. Apparently this happens less often after the remap, perhaps you can chime in on that.

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Springbok_Rider wrote:

What I do like is the burbling/backfire on roll off from the example videos which is what I had with the Ducati, but then I disabled the exhaust valve on that as well. Apparently this happens less often after the remap, perhaps you can chime in on that.

Yes if you remap it it'll remove some of the the burbling/backfiring, but it'll also remove the lean spot at 5~6k (if I remember correctly) which is there to get it through the emissions test

Springbok_Rider
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:03 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. DaveJPS wrote:
Springbok_Rider wrote:

Yes if you remap it it'll remove some of the the burbling/backfiring, but it'll also remove the lean spot at 5~6k (if I remember correctly) which is there to get it through the emissions test

Fair play, thanks. For some reason bikes aren't subject to an EU control (MOT) here so emissions aren't an issue I don't think. But that's good to know. I'll see about getting it remapped then.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Springbok_Rider wrote:
Apparently this may not need a remap or power commander but I could be wrong. That's what they say on their website, but I have a feeling it once had a pair of aftermarket exhausts looking at the connections from the originals so it could already have been remapped. I'll have to see how it runs after I install the exhaust.

Im not sure if it reduced the amount of burbling/backfire, as I did mine straight away. I can say however, I did have a satisfying about of it to enjoy, so no problems there.

Springbok_Rider
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:13 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, thanks.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 226 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2