BCF: Bike Chat Forums

First Post!?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: First Post!? Reply with quote

The thread about users gone and not forgotten, made me think... What was your first post? Think it will be interesting to see what some of the regular nonsense posters first post was?

Mine:
https://s20.postimg.org/yv92jtfwt/Screenshot_2017-09-13_at_11.57.09.png

Go...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:16 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

On which account? Smile

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:19 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm a newbie. Passed my test 13 years ago, mostly i've owned smalll bikes, GP 100, MZ250, CB 250, KMX 125 etc, also owned a CBX750f for a while.

Been off the road for 5 years, paying the morgagte etc

just bought a brand new Vulcan Harrier 125cc, a CG-125 clone.

Engines pretty good, finish is cheap. Will trade it up in August 2006 if I can. Done 1,000 miles on it so far. Spark plug needed changing to a brand name, back light needed better screws, so did chain guard.

It is what it is, ...

In summer 2006 I got a Hornet, and I also had an old CB200 in between iirc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:19 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
On which account? Smile

Socks never write an introduction.

Mine was just a boring hi and back story. Nothing exciting. Someone gave me a lecture within about 5 posts though. Par for course.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:23 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
On which account? Smile

First, first post. Before BCF poisoned the mind with NobCat, RainPal and Sock puppetry.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:40 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
On which account? Smile

https://static.seekingalpha.com/uploads/2017/4/12/790828-14920337105216517.jpg

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:46 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Account #1 boring introduction (here's my crusty 125).
Account #2 whys was I banned (83 posts before getting banned again) Very Happy
Account #3 can't find it but I'm pretty sure it was stating I wasn't MCN, when speculation about his identity lead to my name, and he went along with it Evil or Very Mad

How many lives do you get on BCF anyway?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:48 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Well, it's like reincarnation where each time, you come back as a lesser being. So this is your last chance Razz
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:57 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

In summer 2006 I got a Hornet, and I also had an old CB200 in between iirc

Oh, and I also got a love letter from G straight after, I still have it in my inbox Laughing

"Your avatar was removed by a moderator because it did not adhere to the Avatar Rules. Please read the rules box found on the My Profile page when updating your avatar to make sure it is acceptable.

This is an automated message, there is no need to reply."

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:04 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Your avatar was removed by a moderator because it did not adhere to the Avatar Rules. Please read the rules box found on the My Profile page when updating your avatar to make sure it is acceptable.

That was the reason for my first banning Wink You never forget your first Wub

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:07 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:

Well, it's like reincarnation where each time, you come back as a lesser being. Razz

https://i.giphy.com/media/xUPGcFGDjAJLgPny36/giphy.webp

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:19 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

weasley wrote:
I have a 96 French market model (not that they really changed at all over the early 90s). I can tell you after mine caught a ring in the inlet port that replacement engines and/or barrels are nigh on impossible to find and are not shared with anything else. The big difference with the 125 is that the carbs sit on the crankcase and it is crank-inducted, rather than straight into the barrel. The KIPS system is present and working.

I have a Kawasaki workshop manual so planning to give it a good once over as I rebuild the engine with the rather expensive s/h barrel I did finally find. I'll probably get the old one bored and sleeved, so it can be reused in future and no need for replating.

Not so much as a "Hi, I'm a noob, please love me" or anything - jumping straight in with a combined story of woe AND workshop helpfulness.

In the end I found a barrel, replaced it, rode it 5 miles, went again (this time a little piece of left-over piston ring from the first failure did the damage), found ANOTHER (sleeved) barrel then punted the whole thing on to a friend.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear.......I'm regretting looking this up now.....

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Hello Mr Suntan, is this the beginning of a Cyprus version of Animal Hospital. Are you the new Rolf Harris?

Posted in reply to a Sid post about his cat8O

Fortunately dear reader, he turned out not to be a fiddler, just a really, really, splendid human being.

Incidentally, this is my 3000th post so only another 52,000 or so to go to catch up with Roger.

Last edited by Tracey Suntan-King on 15:14 - 13 Sep 2017; edited 1 time in total

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

angryjonny wrote:
Ste for mod

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

angryjonny wrote:
angryjonny wrote:
Ste for mod

This most insightful first post so far!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:44 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 1st post was ejaculated into Fukwits and Fannies Wanks by the Mods.

Cool

2nd
3rd
and possibly more.

BCF.. Whankers. Smile

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

First few deleted by mods as defending scooter wanker

Settled in and not left since

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:45 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. If I go past the 1st page of 444 Shocked of my posts it just shows a blank page.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I have no idea. If I go past the 1st page of 444 Shocked of my posts it just shows a blank page.

I also have such blank page in my history. Quite like the history of the United States and how nothing happened between the time the first colonists got there and the Civil war, strange. Thinking

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd been lurking around for quite a while, to get a feel for the place, so Captain Cliche just launched straight in...........

Subject: crack in lid, would you ride it anyway?

Shaft wrote:

To paraphrase an old saying, "If you've only got a sixty quid head with a crack in it, wear a sixty quid helmet, with a crack in it".

Rather you than me fella.

The place has changed a bit in the last 7 years - dare I say it, it's become a bit bland, even PC at times.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:30 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

The place has changed a bit in the last 7 years - dare I say it, it's become a bit bland, even PC at times.

I wouldn't say that. The PC bit. It's changed certainly, but I still feel it's a place where opinions are heard and respected regardless if they go against the grain.

Generally speaking; there's exceptions. Some people can't seem to have a debate without throwing insults and throwing out endless strawman crap.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:11 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
[Generally speaking; there's exceptions. Some people can't seem to have a debate without throwing insults and throwing out endless strawman crap.

You piece of crap troll rubbish.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:15 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fite me IRL.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:36 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd give Tef a run for his money, now with an all too familar photobucket memo...

mentalboy wrote:
Having spent the morning wandering aimlessly round Paignton Green at the annual BMAD bash I've had a sudden urge to sort out the old girl.
Some twerp streetfightered her - although in my book it takes more than throwing a bike down the tarmac, throwing away the broken bits and calling it a streetfighter!!https://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r601/mentalboy1/P5050401.jpg
So here goes. I'm in serious need of a good talking to/advice. In order to sort out the old girl I'll need quite a bit of moral support. Funds are just about non existent, so my local breaker will be seeing a lot more of me and I can't put anything too swanky on her.
I believe that because this is my first post I can't get any pics up, so they'll come later, assuming the mods (that meant something else in my heyday!) don't take umbrage!
So what have we got?
1 slightly polished engine (in great running order, which is always a bonus!)
1 polished straight frame
A good set of Michelin wellies and a decent chainset
A set of wide bars and pretty much standard periphals.

She was in one piece but thanks to my mates RRX dropping a shell bearing we ran his bike with my lump all last year, so I've now got the lump languishing on the bench.
Initial thoughts are to chop off the pillion, thus reducing the chances of throwing unsuspecting members of the fairer sex down the road and attending to the rather shabby headlight arrangement and finding some half decent chrome clocks for her.
I'm hoping to sweet talk my good friends at VonSeti into producing something stylish on which to perch and show my tailfeathers.
She'll get a nice new metallic black/silver coat and then I'll start thinking about shock, swingarm and headset arrangements once she looks like a bike again.
Whilst I'm waffling away I've got a quick question to finish with. Take one RRX engine with duff shells/crank, mix with one RRW engine with damaged camshaft, give it a good shake etc nothing too fancy and result was 176mph and still rising. I know that clocks can sometimes be a tad over-enthusiastic and this beast has no limiter on her but has anyone played this game with a GPS on board and logged just how much out Honda's clocks tend to be ?

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you got back in 2005

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/screen_shot_2017-09-14_at_08.55.47.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 197 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2