75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
My YBR (described above)
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

FiveStarSAMz
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 04:21 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: YBR 125 Leo Vince exhaust on a CBF? Reply with quote

Hello bikers,

I recently bought YBR 125 2014, the new shape one. It came with a leo vince exhaust which makes it sound AMAZING! Idk if I'm going crazy but I sometimes just go to my front garden and switch it on to enjoy the noise.

However... I used to have a cbf 125 before this and I prefer the CBF over the YBR. Two main reasons why, are that CBF looks better; more sporty and more bigger. Like you feel more intimidating to other car users. The other being that the cbf has a bit more power to it. It has a bit more of a kick, although little, when you go off the line. On the cbf, I would easily sit on 70mph on a flat road with full throttle but the YBR does only does 63-65mph on a flat road, and only just about hits 70mph downhill. I know it isn't much of a difference but it is a difference.

So what I am thinking to do is, buy myself a CBF 125 and take the leo vince exhaust from the YBR 125 and put it on the CBF125. Is that possible? would the ybr 125 leo vince fit on the cbf 125?

If not then....

Let's say I have both bikes.. my ybr and a standard cbf.

Ybr is 2014 (64 reg) with 7k mileage, with the amazing sound. The looks isn't too bad, the power is just little less.

CBF is 2013 (13 reg) with 7k mileage, with the quiet sound. The look is a lot better, and it has just that kick more of the power.

I buy both of them for the same price, and they're both cat d.

Which one should I keep and which one should I sell? Opinions please.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:39 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

YBR, CBF's get tired and rust much more quickly. Ignore the sound.
However, You're not going to listen to a damn thing we say.

*You* think it sounds amazing, everyone else think it's an open pipe on a 125 and sounds almost as offensive to the ears as a 2 stroke moped with no can at all.

it's a 125 4 stroke, it'll never sound "good". Sorry, but that's life.

If you really want loud but not offensive, get (Or use the leo vince) a downpipe, chuck this on the end. The leo vince is an open pipe and will get you tugged by the coppers.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-38mm-Motorcycle-Carbon-Fiber-Exhaust-Muffler-w-Removable-Silencer-UK-/152449349630?epid=584379803&hash=item237eb077fe:g:-U4AAOSwnK9ZOgM8

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:42 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between them two, the one that makes you happiest. Seriously.
There's not that much to choose between them, so if you sit on the YBR and wish you were on the CBF, then assuming you can afford the change then get a CBF instead.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:38 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
YBR, CBF's get tired and rust much more quickly. Ignore the sound.
However, You're not going to listen to a damn thing we say.

*You* think it sounds amazing, everyone else think it's an open pipe on a 125 and sounds almost as offensive to the ears as a 2 stroke moped with no can at all.

it's a 125 4 stroke, it'll never sound "good". Sorry, but that's life.

If you really want loud but not offensive, get (Or use the leo vince) a downpipe, chuck this on the end. The leo vince is an open pipe and will get you tugged by the coppers.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-38mm-Motorcycle-Carbon-Fiber-Exhaust-Muffler-w-Removable-Silencer-UK-/152449349630?epid=584379803&hash=item237eb077fe:g:-U4AAOSwnK9ZOgM8

My Leo Vince pipes came with removable baffles and they certainly were not open pipes. Maybe get him to check whether his is in there or not before suggesting he spends money on something he might not need.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:20 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inb4 Tef "Pass yer teste"

Essentially, the choice is "Do you put the sound of the YBR over the presence, speed and looks of the CBF?", which only you can answer.

Having had both a YBR and the YBR Custom, I can say that the few extra MPH difference between the two is enough of a decider, but that's me. I prefer the looks of the Custom, but I'd take the extra "speed" of the standard one, given two comparable bikes. Given that, I'd go for the CBF.

I'd also be thinking that when it's time to move on, a standard bike will sell easier than one with a "OMGWTFCozRacerInnit" exhaust that screams "I've been thrashed". It's a 125, we know it's been thrashed, but at least give the illusion of having taken some care of it.

TL:DR, YOLO, meh, do what you like.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally up to you.

But have you considered that putting a noisy, poorly tuned exhaust on the CBF might make it just as slow as the YBR with a noisy poorly tuned exhaust? Just a thought!

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question. If we all said ybr, would it make a difference? My thought is that you are looking for us to validate your wanting to go back to the CBF.

But, for whats its worth. Its a 125, you wont have it forever, and we are a bunch of weirdos on the line. Have what ever will make you look forward to riding more. Yolo or what ever the cool kids are saying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

FiveStarSAMz
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:59 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the feedback.

But my main question is: can the ybr leo vince exhaust just easily come on to the cbf with a simple swap?

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

I don't really know what a downpipe is. I can only guess that it is the pipe just before the silencer that connects the silencer to the engine??
Yeah it looks like my ybr has the whole system of that. I will try put a picture up.
And they guy who sold me the bike, did give me a plug type of thing, the baffler or the dp killer, that if you put it in the can, it sort of lessens the sound.
And well the guy did the mot just before i bought it, and he said he had the leovince on the ybr during the mot and they still passed it. So, i don't think it's illegal or anything.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:05 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a baffle. Keep that in. It's an open pipe without it.

Polarbear - The Leo Vince that came with the YBR the lad a few doors down does not have a baffle and has no way to fit one, and he wasn't happy about drilling and tapping a hole for the baffle I had spare to screw in. I assumed they were all like that.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:13 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are you?

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:22 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
How old are you?

...OP slowly grabs his rape whistle... Laughing

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 17:43 - 11 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are both very useful 125 learner/commuters, excellent for learning to ride, or getting to and from work, beating bus-fares.

NEITHER will sound 'great' to any-one but you with a noisy pipe; they are both small displacement, relatively low rev singles, that inherently sound rather flaccid, and a noisy pipe just makes their flaccidity louder to advertise the effect and annoy neighbors and plod, so they got reason to pull you and start muttering about L-Plate sizes....

But.. your bike, your money, your time.... personally I wouldn't wast the effort on either, trying to make 'needless' mods, I'd put any spanner effort into dong stuff likely to make a useful difference, like changing the oil and tickling tappets, rather than likely make problems and reduce resale value... and just get on and use the ruddy thing.

After market end cans are usually pretty generic, and 'almost' universal fit, they can probably be adapted twixt bikes pretty easily with a hack-saw and a bit of ali-plate to match pipes and hang from brackets, B-U-T.. who knows for sure, IF you really really have to do this, you will find answers faster getting out there, getting hands dirty ad trying it, than asking us.... But STILL I would rather spend time tackling real problems like slack chain or loose head bearings, or trying to aoid possible problems lubing cables oiling chains, changng oil, and 'stuff' than actively go LOOKING for prolems where there aren't any, and likely finding and making some in the process... and spending money to make the bike less valuable! (+increase insurance premiums if you declare the mod, or risk them invalidating your insurance if you don't!)

They are both, usually pretty 'sensible' learner/commuter motorbikes... but if you don't appreciate that 'sensible' then they probably aren't the best bike for you to have chosen to start with! If you enjoy effing about with spanners for the sake of, and chasing problems you probably make along the way, may as well buy an Aprillia! Otherwise... its a 125 Learner/commuter, a 'sensible' motorcycle, that's great for just getting on and doing the job of learning and or commuting.. appreciate and enjoy that, which the bike is designed to do, and does damn well, rather than try make t something its not, and chuck baby out with the bath-water along the way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

FiveStarSAMz
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:01 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
How old are you?

20 years Shocked

Thanks again for the feedback.

I understand what you are trying to say but my situation is a bit unfortunate.

My main aim was to get a car, but car insurance is a myth to afford. So biking was my solution.

I initially bought the cbf for the commuting purpose to uni, but after riding for a while, i'd thought I would upgrade a tad and go for the YZF r125... but after selling the cbf and almost buying a yzf, my insurance company would not transfer my policy to the new yzf. Don't know why.. could be because it's a more sporty bike, because it was the same for a CBR and Aprillia. So my CBF insurance i paid was £400 for third party only, and i searched for new quote for YZF 125 and it's coming to £1200 for third party only, which is the same as my car insurance, (something i'm not willing to just give away for insurance).
Now I have no choice but to stick with a bike like the ybr or cbf. I'm not planning to stay riding until later on in life (because of the risks involved). So, I found this ybr with the exhaust and thought, if i can't get the bike I want, I may as well make the most out of the bike I can get and enjoy the bike with the sound for the next four month I have the remaining insurance for. But then the whole point of the thread is my poor choice making on what bike out of the two I like Sad .
Aaah I give up..
I might just get both and put both for sell, and keep whatever doesn't go first.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:49 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

YZF's get nicked and stolen a lot more than YBR's. Same with the GPR125, they're also all going to go the same speed, which is not much more than a YBR.

CBF's rust quickly - a quick search should show you that.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:54 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ybr pipe wont fit on the cbf as brackets etc will be different

seel ybr have cbf if you prefer it buy pipe to fit to that

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:21 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

FiveStarSAMz wrote:
20 years Shocked

Then stop wasting your time on tiddlers.

You're never going to get a big bike sound out of a small engine. Putting a chavcan on my Ninja 250 just makes it sound like an angry sewing machine.

FiveStarSAMz wrote:
Now I have no choice but to stick with a bike like the ybr or cbf.

Tish. A2 licence, CB500. Get some quotes in it as a licensed rider, you might be surprised.

FiveStarSAMz wrote:
I'm not planning to stay riding until later on in life (because of the risks involved).

But you're fine wobbling around essentially untrained on barely capable bikes?

Did you say you were a student? I hope it's nothing that requires critical thinking.

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:28 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
You're never going to get a big bike sound out of a small engine.

What Rog said... Don't fuck about wasting time and money on a 4t 125.
They sound like a wet fart with a standard exhaust. An aftermarket exhaust only makes that wet fart louder.

I can confidently say that no one, as you ride past, will think it sounds great.

Apply your time and money into getting something that actually does sound cool and then you're onto a winner Thumbs Up

johnsmith222
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

FiveStarSAMz wrote:
Ste wrote:
How old are you?

20 years Shocked

Thanks again for the feedback.

I understand what you are trying to say but my situation is a bit unfortunate.

My main aim was to get a car, but car insurance is a myth to afford. So biking was my solution.

I initially bought the cbf for the commuting purpose to uni, but after riding for a while, i'd thought I would upgrade a tad and go for the YZF r125... but after selling the cbf and almost buying a yzf, my insurance company would not transfer my policy to the new yzf. Don't know why.. could be because it's a more sporty bike, because it was the same for a CBR and Aprillia. So my CBF insurance i paid was £400 for third party only, and i searched for new quote for YZF 125 and it's coming to £1200 for third party only, which is the same as my car insurance, (something i'm not willing to just give away for insurance).
Now I have no choice but to stick with a bike like the ybr or cbf. I'm not planning to stay riding until later on in life (because of the risks involved). So, I found this ybr with the exhaust and thought, if i can't get the bike I want, I may as well make the most out of the bike I can get and enjoy the bike with the sound for the next four month I have the remaining insurance for. But then the whole point of the thread is my poor choice making on what bike out of the two I like Sad .
Aaah I give up..
I might just get both and put both for sell, and keep whatever doesn't go first.

I would recommend that you get your car and bike tests done ASAP. Focus one, get it done, focus on the other right after, then get that done.

Forget about not being able to afford the price of insurance for a car. Just get the box ticked so that in 5 or 10 years time, when you need a job that requires a car, you won't have a problem.

get the bike test done depending on the licence rules, as you might as well get extra training that could help prevent a crash. Also, sometimes we intend things, but it doesn't work like that.

Also, a bike can be useful as can give options. I am in the process of my part time job location closing down, and one of the potential places I could end up, doesn't have any suitable parking for cars. It's public transport, or a bike.

I had a race can on my 9R for a couple of years. That likely cost me a slight amount of power, as the bike wasn't set up for it, also cost me £150 fine and 3 points at £10 a week. Reason I say that is because I was going everything I can on the motorway(120ish and would've kept going, but got away with an average in the 80s), and the cops that caught me must have heard me before they saw me.

I'd keep the CBF, because they'll both sound shit. And I'd rather a quieter bike.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 06:40 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluezedd wrote:
I would recommend that you get your car and bike tests done ASAP. Focus one, get it done, focus on the other right after, then get that done.

Forget about not being able to afford the price of insurance for a car. Just get the box ticked so that in 5 or 10 years time, when you need a job that requires a car, you won't have a problem.

Plus you will find that you are always chasing the bow-wave. If you 'don't' do tests, then the cost of tests will always be 'extra' upfront cash you have to find to get started, to hold you back and make it harder....

Whilst at uni, it seems as though you ever for ever short of cash, and there's always so much to spend what you got on.... AKcuLLieeee.. you are likely to find that when you leave, and get a propper job, you are MORE broke than you have ever been, and rue how well off you actually were at uni with subsidized accommodation and travel and SU 'club' price beer... ad every-one is in the same boat.... When you leave uni though, all of a sudden you find you have to pay full price for everything, you have to pay your own council tax, beer is HOW MUCH a pint? And you cant turn up every day in a pair of torn jeans and an old rugby shirt that hasn't been washed for a month.....

When I stated Uni, I actually promiced myself that when I left I would buy myself a Moto-Guzzi GT1000 when I left.... bit of an old mand bike even then, but I gigures what the heck, I WILL be old by the time I leave, and its already 'old-fashioned' it aint going to get any more so... they were alo only £2999 brand new i the show room, cheaper than a Kawasaki KR1S...... when I finally did leave, and went bike shopping though, Moto-Guzzi had ontracted the Ducatti marketing men, and the adarn things had gone up to £5999!!! Still... I spent the first sx weeks of my first propper job, spending each Saturday morning the laundrette, reading a bike mag dreaming, until I started getting nsurance qtes that were more than the monthly finance! So then I started looking at Hi-Fi magaznes and contemplating a decent stereo, rather than the cobbled together 2nd hand system I had half of which was junk repaired in the uni lab on 'soc' afternoons! THAT notion was then supplanted by the idea of buying a new camera system, which started to get expensive, and and... THEN when I got m first pay slip.... I had a revelation... "WHAT the fcuk am I doing wasting half of the only time I have off each week sat in a ruddy laudrette!.. and ended up buying a washing machine!

Then the Student Loans Co came knocking....

I passed my car test abut six weeks after I turned 17. A lot of my A-Level mates had similar notion that t wasn't worth doing lessons, because they couldn't afford their own car, and maintained that notion through Uni, saying that when they had a job and could afford one, then they'd do it....

Ironically they were even more short of cash after uni when they had got a job, for aforementioned, and when they dd take out the loans to bite the bullet, they were EVEN more on the back foot for the insurance; they were still under 25, when premiums can drop a bit, but insurers count years experience by years licence held.. at 21, I had held my driving licence four years, and when it hit mates that they still couldn't afford to insure the 'dream' car they had been promising themselves for five years... I could.... just....

But as the X5 man says, when it comes to getting a job, its an oft asked question, and being able to say 'Yes' you do hold a licence in the interview, rather than, "I am planning to when I have a job and can afford the lessons' it IS a possessive advantage.... and again having a licence held more years helps... when I started my first proper job, I had held my licence five years, and I was put straight on the approved driver list because of it, where others on the GRS even though they had a licence, didn't qualify by years held.

Lessons also dont tend to get cheaper, and you will also likely find that you DONT have the free time to so easily do lessons when you have a full time job to do and fit them in around, as well as sorting laundry, doing ironing and other things you probably have never imagined you will 'need' do, or how much time they'll take!

Dig in and get them done, now, whilst 'money' is the only problem you will likely have and nothing else is resting on the job.

It will only be to your advantage, and you will have to do them some-time, may as well get them done and dusted.

As to the bikes? Yeah.. if its economic expedience that bothers you, 1/ dont spent money to make a bike less valuable, less reliable and make problems, it is NOT good economic sense. 2/ Buy a push bike.. you don't need to pay for insurance or petrol for one... personal transport is seldom the most economical way to get around, especially when you can get subsidized bus and train tickets with your SU card, or blag free rides on the SU mini-bus etc.

Especially f you are worried about staying 'safe'. Effing about un trained, unqualified on a 125 on L-Plates is utterly perverse. Bikes are ad dangerouse as the bloke holding the twst grip, and a little bikes are no 'safer' for ther small sze and limited performance.... busses are just as wont to pull out o you and just as hard when the drive into you!

If you cant afford to do a course to test for an A2 licence, fair eough, of all the licence catagories to go for that is the one that is hardest to justify, but not goig for AY licenc at all is more head in the sand thinking. If you plan to ride a 125 on the roads and commute on the rddy thing, you are planning to regularly do more than is asked of you on a test, which costs aprox £120 at last count, on your own 125, to get the A1 'lightweight' licence, a seal of approval from the man with a clip-board on your riding incompetence, and be able to ditch the ruddy L-Plates, arry a pillion if you want, use a motorway f you want, even ride abroad you want, and NEVER have to repeat CBT, so can at any time n the future grab a 'cheap' 125 for get to work wheels, and not even have that bow-wave to get through before you an get on with the job.

If you DO want a bigger bike in the futre though, you are also a existng qualified full motorcycle licence holder, you have done the tests once and passed them, so if you want to train up for the ride-what-you-like-licence, they shouldn't need wast so much of your tme and money teaching yu to suck eggs, just get used to doig it on a bigger bike, and a bt of refresher to re-do what you have already done, just on heavier ore powerful bike.... so more saving there...

B-U-T, here and now is that there's no good reasons NOT to take the tests, EITHER for the bike, if you are ridng one regularly, NOT for a car, if thats ultimately the lg term plan....

And ALL that is far more important than making a 125 commuter sound like someone dying of terminal flatulence through a Megaphone!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:29 - 14 Sep 2017    Post subject: Re: YBR 125 Leo Vince exhaust on a CBF? Reply with quote

FiveStarSAMz wrote:
Like you feel more intimidating to other car users.

LOL. You're doing pretty well if they even so much as notice you.

I'd keep the YBR personally.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 225 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1