Smidsy. C'mon! (audio and paint)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:09 - 16 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
This (and other warnings about ligament damage) are dead right. Broken ankle from last August was healed absolutely fine by October, but 6 months of incredibly painful physiotherapy and a further 5 months of recovery time it's still not quite right. Hurts when the weather changes, random throbbing ect. Get it seen to and do what the physio tells you Tut Tut .

Sorry to hear the guy is back tracking but I would settle in for the long haul. I was rear-ended while stationary at a roundabout in February. Observed by cars behind, ambulance at next exit and police car waiting at exit before. Guy admitted liability at scene, to police, to other car drivers. Since then has been consistently denying it, my insurance have just informed me they are taking him to court over it Rolling Eyes Meanwhile I can't change insurers to one that isn't reaming me because there is an unclosed claim. Twat!

Good Luck! Thumbs Up

I did absolutely underestimate it. Adrenaline is amazing.

It is still painful, I am taking painkillers to manage it. I did not expect it to be such a pain in the arse. I thought it was minor something that would heal in a few days/ a week max. Movement is very restrictive. I have physio coming Friday and a medical Assessment in the coming weeks.

I think you are right about sitting in tight for the long haul. Its just so frustrating. No bike and a painful knee.

I also have a 55 mile charity bicycle ride booked for the 7th Oct. Don't think that is going to happen now either.

For update, I did get the bike assessed for damage. Don't know what is the engineers decision as I have not heard from them.

Plus also got a call from Fletcher's to say that the third party's insurance also wants to assess the damage, don't know if that is a good sign or just standard practice ??

I only ask because my last accident the third party didn't want anything to do with it. Deny, delay and hope I went away. So the solicitors assessed it and added it to the claims then. That took 19 months to solve.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:32 - 16 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

drbaig wrote:
I did absolutely underestimate it. Adrenaline is amazing.

It is still painful, I am taking painkillers to manage it. I did not expect it to be such a pain in the arse. I thought it was minor something that would heal in a few days/ a week max. Movement is very restrictive. I have physio coming Friday and a medical Assessment in the coming weeks.

I think you are right about sitting in tight for the long haul. Its just so frustrating. No bike and a painful knee.

I also have a 55 mile charity bicycle ride booked for the 7th Oct. Don't think that is going to happen now either.

For update, I did get the bike assessed for damage. Don't know what is the engineers decision as I have not heard from them.

Plus also got a call from Fletcher's to say that the third party's insurance also wants to assess the damage, don't know if that is a good sign or just standard practice ??

I only ask because my last accident the third party didn't want anything to do with it. Deny, delay and hope I went away. So the solicitors assessed it and added it to the claims then. That took 19 months to solve.

Aye it's easy to do in the aftermath, I crawled to the side of the road with a broken ankle, thought it was just a bad sprain.

Before my accident I had no idea how fragile ligaments are, turns out broken bones are no biggie, its the ligament/tendon damage that does you in. Remember physio should hurt (not too much) when you are cursing your physio's children unto the 7th generation. Also don't be afraid to ask for decent painkillers, only thing that kept the pain under control during the first few weeks was codeine; badly managed pain is not something I would wish on anyone.

It's incredibly frustrating, best not think about it and occupy your mind with something else before it drives you insane. You never know, maybe he'll see the error of his ways and own up to it........yeah, yeah and the rest. [/i]
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 194 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3