Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:49 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enduro Numpty wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I'm sure John Bloor is not stupid enough to undo all the hard work that he has put into Triumph by bringing in poor quality controlled bikes into the European market.

I beg to differ. The T120 Bonneville I bought last year was riddled with faults and poor quality manufacture. Wheels that corroded within weeks, clocks that steamed up, poorly fitting parts. The poorest quality of any bike I've ever owned. I will never give Triumph another penny.

I was beginning to think I was the only one who suffered a sub standard Triumph, my America, possibly not as bad as your T120, certainly showed some of the same traits. Which is why, I decided against getting myself a Rocket.

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:14 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Enduro Numpty wrote:

I beg to differ. The T120 Bonneville I bought last year was riddled with faults and poor quality manufacture. Wheels that corroded within weeks, clocks that steamed up, poorly fitting parts. The poorest quality of any bike I've ever owned. I will never give Triumph another penny.

Did you get rid? Back to them or?

I tried to go down the warranty road but Triumph said rusty wheels were a maintenance issue and refused the claim. Shirlaws in Aberdeen were completely uninterested in doing anything about it. I cut my losses and god rid of it after barely 7 months. I maintain my bikes to a high degree and they're kept in a dry, heated shed. Bugger all to do with maintenance - shite manufacture and non existent quality management.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Bonnie was made in Thailand?

Gotta say I'm not overly impressed with the Street Triple compared MT-03 (in terms of build quality), but that was an over-engineered/expensive bike. I'm guessing the newer MT's are probably comparable, and with the third world stuff Honda's churning out it's probably better.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 192 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2